Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

A Hill to get over a hill Richard_Skull's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

Maybe his 'Square' button (or X) was stuck.
    PG24: "Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!"

RT @Hoya2aPacer "When I play this game I love. I play to make my teammates better. But I'm a mouther****er on defense."

4. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Richard_Skull For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

While it is funny because it is Cleveland, now it just makes me dislike him more.

Cleveland sports are CURSED

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Mood

And in other news there is snow on the ground today. Good news to know, but this story shouldn't surprise anyone.

Sounds kind of like he was trying to prove some kind of point. Probably not the best way to get your point across, but I can't imagine doing something like that without it being connected to crappy shot selections of others unless he's just that childish/immature.

EDIT: Reminds me of a story I heard back in HS. I forget his name but he was the son of the coach for Indian Creek (I believe) which is a small 1A or 2A school. Kid was pretty good for that level, the coach (dad) made the point that his son needed to get the ball every time, so one of the teammates passed the ball to the son while he was sitting on the bench.
    EDIT2: Found it.
    http://spanky.thehawkeye.com/columns...kamp_0303.html
    Last edited by Since86; 02-12-2014 at 11:55 AM.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Cavs are a mess. I imagine the environment led him to behave crazily. He probably wanted to be kicked off the team, they were awful. Why should Bynum put in work for a team spiraling out of control? Last night though, Cavs had a good win over Sac. Bennett had 19 points. Maybe, they're turning it around?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:

Man, he would have fit perfectly in Jimmy's offense.

13. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to adamscb For This Useful Post:

I am actually relieved that he didn't sleep with the coaches girlfriend. That seemed a bit worse in my book.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Not funny very immature and you can't win with that kind of BS going on in practice. Reading various reports it sounds like this is common place for the Cavs. Dion Waiters did something similar. Would love to see Bird watching practice when this happen his *** would not be back in the gym for a while.

Its hard to tell which franchise is more dysfunctional the Cavs or the Browns.

At least the Indians seem "normal"

Only one side of the story, not enough info here to pass judgement. Was he maybe reacting to abusive coaching? A man can only take so much, at least he didn't choke the coach like Sprewell.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why should Bynum put in work for a team spiraling out of control?
    because it's your job?
    because it's the right thing to do?
    because they are paying you a fortune?
    because you're an adult?
    because you have respect for your teammates?
    because you're a veteran on a young team, so others might follow your lead?

just a few reasons there...
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

21. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Wake me up next season.
    Mood

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by adamscb View Post

Thanks, I needed that!
    "I've been through the fire, and what the fire doesn't destroy it hardens...
    and I'm hardened!
    " - Baron Von Raschke

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adamscb View Post
    Now that's funny right there. lol

The article, not so much.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Amazing. I was unaware that Bynum was related to Tinsley.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I LOL'd. He won't do it here so I dont care. Cleveland is a mess.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    because it's your job?
    because you're an adult?

If the guy is willing to lose millions to get out of a situation then I am fine with it.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

In a bubble, that's kind of hilarious!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    because it's your job?
    because you're an adult?

Agree completely with your reasoning, let me just add this. I used to work for a Congressional Committee that did oversight of certain offices in the Executive Branch. Biggest thing I learned is that atmosphere/environment is the biggest variable determine how productive people are. I saw instances where a good boss/work environment resulted in employees making 40k a year being incredibly productive. I saw other cases where a lazy/bad boss resulted in employees making 200k a year looking at dirty websites on their work computers and throwing paper airplanes at each other all day. It is amazing how lazy people will be when everyone else around them is lazy. Cleveland is such a mess of a franchise, so I think Bynum has a much better chance of being successful here.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Sounds kind of like he was trying to prove some kind of point. Probably not the best way to get your point across, but I can't imagine doing something like that without it being connected to crappy shot selections of others unless he's just that childish/immature.

EDIT: Reminds me of a story I heard back in HS. I forget his name but he was the son of the coach for Indian Creek (I believe) which is a small 1A or 2A school. Kid was pretty good for that level, the coach (dad) made the point that his son needed to get the ball every time, so one of the teammates passed the ball to the son while he was sitting on the bench.
    EDIT2: Found it.
    http://spanky.thehawkeye.com/columns...kamp_0303.html
    Team wins 5 games, coach pimps his son. Town shows displeasure with the nepotism. Coach is victim?

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:

That was our entire strategy in our fraternity senior year in intramurals. Once you got the ball inbounded to you, got a rebound, steal, or whatever, passing and dribbling were not allowed. You just chucked the shot up from wherever you got the ball. It was a blast.

Can someone copy and paste the story in here cause the link wont work for me
    "We want Miami"

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/12/reason-for-andrew-bynum-getting-kicked-out-of-practice-and-suspended-by-cavs-revealed-and-its-hilarious/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Reason for Andrew Bynum getting kicked out of practice and suspended by Cavs revealed, and it’s hilarious

Brett Pollakoff
    Feb 12, 2014, 11:14 AM EST

Getty Images
    Andrew Bynum has done just fine for himself, having landed with a legitimate title contender in the Pacers after stops in Philadelphia and Cleveland that haven’t worked out, to say the very least.
    Last season with the Sixers, Bynum never got healthy enough to be able to play in even a single game for the team that traded Andre Iguodala in hopes of landing the All-Star version of Bynum we saw in his final year in Los Angeles.
    The Cavaliers took a chance on him with a low-risk, incentive-laden contract that could have been worth up to $25 million over two years, but things ended with a messy divorce that saw Bynum traded to the Bulls for Luol Deng, who is likely to leave at the end of this season as an unrestricted free agent.
    The details surrounding Bynum’s dismissal in Cleveland have remained murky until now, with the team perhaps not wanting to disparage the big man’s reputation any further while they tried to deal him out of town. Now that he’s gone, however, we finally know exactly what behavior ultimately pushed the Cavaliers over the edge.
    From Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
    Only Bynum never made it to the early January guarantee date for his full $12.5 million salary in 2013-14, and self-destructed. He stopped trying on the floor, and became a disruptive presence in practices. Before Bynum was thrown out of his final practice and suspended, he was shooting the ball every time he touched it in a practice scrimmage, sources said – from whatever remote part of the court he had caught the ball.
    Amazing, mainly because of the level of blatant disrespect doing something like this would show to both teammates and coaches.
    Can you imagine?
    Inbound pass to Bynum after a made basket, and instead of giving it back to the point guard to bring it up the floor, he launches an 80-footer. That’s obviously the most ridiculous scenario, but given the fact that it caused the team to cut ties with Bynum altogether, it’s probably not that much of a stretch.

[~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

So he didn't want to play for a bad team. Sounds like he's Derek Fisher........minus the whole thing about launching shots in practice.

Sports Logo

I think he needs to respect the people in charge and that should not be an issue here.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Ragnar For This Useful Post: