Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 47

Thread: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

  1. #1
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing


    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    A Hill to get over a hill Richard_Skull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Indy
    Age
    27
    Posts
    410

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    Maybe his 'Square' button (or X) was stuck.
    PG24: "Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon!"

    RT @Hoya2aPacer "When I play this game I love. I play to make my teammates better. But I'm a mouther****er on defense."

  4. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Richard_Skull For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  5. #3
    BornRodney ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,916

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    While it is funny because it is Cleveland, now it just makes me dislike him more.

    Cleveland sports are CURSED

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,150
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    And in other news there is snow on the ground today. Good news to know, but this story shouldn't surprise anyone.

  8. #5
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,860

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    Sounds kind of like he was trying to prove some kind of point. Probably not the best way to get your point across, but I can't imagine doing something like that without it being connected to crappy shot selections of others unless he's just that childish/immature.

    EDIT: Reminds me of a story I heard back in HS. I forget his name but he was the son of the coach for Indian Creek (I believe) which is a small 1A or 2A school. Kid was pretty good for that level, the coach (dad) made the point that his son needed to get the ball every time, so one of the teammates passed the ball to the son while he was sitting on the bench.
    EDIT2: Found it.
    http://spanky.thehawkeye.com/columns...kamp_0303.html
    Last edited by Since86; 02-12-2014 at 11:55 AM.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  10. #6

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    Cavs are a mess. I imagine the environment led him to behave crazily. He probably wanted to be kicked off the team, they were awful. Why should Bynum put in work for a team spiraling out of control? Last night though, Cavs had a good win over Sac. Bennett had 19 points. Maybe, they're turning it around?

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Grimp For This Useful Post:


  12. #7
    Member adamscb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Peoria, IL
    Age
    22
    Posts
    579

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    Man, he would have fit perfectly in Jimmy's offense.

  13. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to adamscb For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  14. #8

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    I am actually relieved that he didn't sleep with the coaches girlfriend. That seemed a bit worse in my book.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:


  16. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,832
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    Not funny very immature and you can't win with that kind of BS going on in practice. Reading various reports it sounds like this is common place for the Cavs. Dion Waiters did something similar. Would love to see Bird watching practice when this happen his *** would not be back in the gym for a while.

  17. #10

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    Its hard to tell which franchise is more dysfunctional the Cavs or the Browns.

    At least the Indians seem "normal"

  18. #11

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    Only one side of the story, not enough info here to pass judgement. Was he maybe reacting to abusive coaching? A man can only take so much, at least he didn't choke the coach like Sprewell.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:


  20. #12

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why should Bynum put in work for a team spiraling out of control?
    because it's your job?
    because it's the right thing to do?
    because they are paying you a fortune?
    because you're an adult?
    because you have respect for your teammates?
    because you're a veteran on a young team, so others might follow your lead?

    just a few reasons there...
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  21. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  22. #13
    Wake me up next season.
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Not really where I want to be.
    Posts
    1,356
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    Quote Originally Posted by adamscb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man, he would have fit perfectly in Jimmy's offense.


    Thanks, I needed that!
    "I've been through the fire, and what the fire doesn't destroy it hardens...
    and I'm hardened!
    " - Baron Von Raschke

  23. #14
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,735

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    Quote Originally Posted by adamscb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man, he would have fit perfectly in Jimmy's offense.
    Now that's funny right there. lol

    The article, not so much.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  24. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,643

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    Amazing. I was unaware that Bynum was related to Tinsley.

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:


  26. #16
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,822

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    I LOL'd. He won't do it here so I dont care. Cleveland is a mess.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  28. #17

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    because it's your job?
    because it's the right thing to do?
    because they are paying you a fortune?
    because you're an adult?
    because you have respect for your teammates?
    because you're a veteran on a young team, so others might follow your lead?

    just a few reasons there...
    If the guy is willing to lose millions to get out of a situation then I am fine with it.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:


  30. #18
    How u imawhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    B-town
    Posts
    5,183

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    In a bubble, that's kind of hilarious!

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  32. #19
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,448

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    because it's your job?
    because it's the right thing to do?
    because they are paying you a fortune?
    because you're an adult?
    because you have respect for your teammates?
    because you're a veteran on a young team, so others might follow your lead?

    just a few reasons there...
    Agree completely with your reasoning, let me just add this. I used to work for a Congressional Committee that did oversight of certain offices in the Executive Branch. Biggest thing I learned is that atmosphere/environment is the biggest variable determine how productive people are. I saw instances where a good boss/work environment resulted in employees making 40k a year being incredibly productive. I saw other cases where a lazy/bad boss resulted in employees making 200k a year looking at dirty websites on their work computers and throwing paper airplanes at each other all day. It is amazing how lazy people will be when everyone else around them is lazy. Cleveland is such a mess of a franchise, so I think Bynum has a much better chance of being successful here.

  33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:


  34. #20
    Member TinManJoshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,314

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds kind of like he was trying to prove some kind of point. Probably not the best way to get your point across, but I can't imagine doing something like that without it being connected to crappy shot selections of others unless he's just that childish/immature.

    EDIT: Reminds me of a story I heard back in HS. I forget his name but he was the son of the coach for Indian Creek (I believe) which is a small 1A or 2A school. Kid was pretty good for that level, the coach (dad) made the point that his son needed to get the ball every time, so one of the teammates passed the ball to the son while he was sitting on the bench.
    EDIT2: Found it.
    http://spanky.thehawkeye.com/columns...kamp_0303.html
    Team wins 5 games, coach pimps his son. Town shows displeasure with the nepotism. Coach is victim?

  35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:


  36. #21
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,936

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    That was our entire strategy in our fraternity senior year in intramurals. Once you got the ball inbounded to you, got a rebound, steal, or whatever, passing and dribbling were not allowed. You just chucked the shot up from wherever you got the ball. It was a blast.

  37. #22
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,889

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    Can someone copy and paste the story in here cause the link wont work for me
    "We want Miami"

  38. #23
    The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Disgusta, GA
    Posts
    8,826
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/12/reason-for-andrew-bynum-getting-kicked-out-of-practice-and-suspended-by-cavs-revealed-and-its-hilarious/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

    Reason for Andrew Bynum getting kicked out of practice and suspended by Cavs revealed, and it’s hilarious


    Brett Pollakoff
    Feb 12, 2014, 11:14 AM EST


    Getty Images
    Andrew Bynum has done just fine for himself, having landed with a legitimate title contender in the Pacers after stops in Philadelphia and Cleveland that haven’t worked out, to say the very least.
    Last season with the Sixers, Bynum never got healthy enough to be able to play in even a single game for the team that traded Andre Iguodala in hopes of landing the All-Star version of Bynum we saw in his final year in Los Angeles.
    The Cavaliers took a chance on him with a low-risk, incentive-laden contract that could have been worth up to $25 million over two years, but things ended with a messy divorce that saw Bynum traded to the Bulls for Luol Deng, who is likely to leave at the end of this season as an unrestricted free agent.
    The details surrounding Bynum’s dismissal in Cleveland have remained murky until now, with the team perhaps not wanting to disparage the big man’s reputation any further while they tried to deal him out of town. Now that he’s gone, however, we finally know exactly what behavior ultimately pushed the Cavaliers over the edge.
    From Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
    Only Bynum never made it to the early January guarantee date for his full $12.5 million salary in 2013-14, and self-destructed. He stopped trying on the floor, and became a disruptive presence in practices. Before Bynum was thrown out of his final practice and suspended, he was shooting the ball every time he touched it in a practice scrimmage, sources said – from whatever remote part of the court he had caught the ball.
    Amazing, mainly because of the level of blatant disrespect doing something like this would show to both teammates and coaches.
    Can you imagine?
    Inbound pass to Bynum after a made basket, and instead of giving it back to the point guard to bring it up the floor, he launches an 80-footer. That’s obviously the most ridiculous scenario, but given the fact that it caused the team to cut ties with Bynum altogether, it’s probably not that much of a stretch.



    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

  39. #24
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,438

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    So he didn't want to play for a bad team. Sounds like he's Derek Fisher........minus the whole thing about launching shots in practice.

  40. #25
    Member Ragnar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,841

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Reason for Bynum getting kicked out of last practice in CLE revealed, It's amazing

    I think he needs to respect the people in charge and that should not be an issue here.

  41. The Following User Says Thank You to Ragnar For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •