Thread: What did Stern say about Artest, Barkley thinks Artest should be allowed back

Default What did Stern say about Artest, Barkley thinks Artest should be allowed back

Was just watching TNT, and Barkley talked about an interview with Stern, I guess during the Cavs - Heat game. I did not see what Stern said, but Barkley makes it sound like Stern left open the possibility that Artest might be back this season.

This is something I have said all along there is still a chance Stern will lessen the suspension.

Any one see the Stern interview, what did he say

Default Re: What did Stern say about Artest, Barkley thinks Artest should be allowed back

Bob Lee basically cornered Stern into saying that he might be able to let back in for the post season. I think he said something to the effect of "I'm leaving the door open".

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What did Stern say about Artest, Barkley thinks Artest should be allowed back

What would Ron have to do in order to be able to play this season whether in the Postseason or Regular? Explain more, I missed it also. Please, Stern let Ron back!!
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Yeah I just asked the same thing over at the other Ron thread, I really hope Stern at least lets him back in for the play offs, and since he said "I'm leaving the door open" is a very good thing for us so far.

Bob Lee is the host of Outside the Lines on ESPN, so maybe the interview will be on tonight? It's on after SportsCenter, if anyone wants to check it out. (I'll be long asleep )

I put this excerpt from the interview from today's PTI in the other thread. This is all they showed, not direct quotes:

Stern: I'm not holding out any sense of what I might or might not do

Bob Ley: You're leaving the door open by not saying no, though.

Stern: No, Because I never say never in this league, but he's been suspended for the season

Bob Ley: Peoeple will hear that and run with that sliver of an opening you've left......

Stern: (something about just talking about practice)......I just don't deal that way. My view is that he has been suspended for the season and I expect him to resume playing next season

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I put this excerpt from the interview from today's PTI in the other thread. This is all they showed, not direct quotes:

Stern: I'm not holding out any sense of what I might or might not do

Bob Ley: You're leaving the door open by not saying no, though.

Stern: No, Because I never say never in this league, but he's been suspended for the season

Bob Ley: Peoeple will hear that and run with that sliver of an opening you've left......

Stern: (something about just talking about practice)......I just don't deal that way. My view is that he has been suspended for the season and I expect him to resume playing next season
    That doesn't sound all too encouraging to me...

sweabs

This is probably just a cruel joke by Stern...to dangle that little Ron Artest string in front of our eyes, and then POOF - snatch it back up before our eyes.

I think Artest will be allowed to play the last 2 games of the regular season. Around that time it will be clear that we won't be in the play-offs.
    Just another Stern joke...
    Not an Anders Fogh Rasmussen fan

Quote Originally Posted by flying dutchman
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Artest will be allowed to play the last 2 games of the regular season. Around that time it will be clear that we won't be in the play-offs.
    Just another Stern joke...
    I've got a feeling something like this will happen too. For me, I see the scenario that Stern will let Artest back if he feels we have no chance of getting it together in time to challenge for a championship. In other words, once Stern feels comfortable that we aren't a threat, he'll let Artest play, trying to make himself look merciful and like a great guy that we should all love and respect, while still torpedoing the season.