Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Zach Lowe - Pacers actively shopping Granger

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Zach Lowe - Pacers actively shopping Granger

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Idk..at 6'4-6'5, he's a tad undersized height wise. His height deficiency is maximized more when flanked by a 6'2 SG. Our greatest attribute against other teams is our size.
    His wingspan is like a ridic 6'10" or something though.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by kmjohnson View Post
    His wingspan is like a ridic 6'10" or something though.
    That doesn't matter against Lebron, Melo, Josh Smith, Joe Johnson, or even a Demar Derozan. These guys are big, long and athletic

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Lance is oversized as a SG so we'd be ok with him at SF.
    I agree, that is one of the many things he brings. He is so versatile. I have always though he would be a even bigger miss match on SFs (going back to his BearCat days). He is a rare combo guard/ Forward IMO

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Scola and Granger for Gasol and Meeks works. We'd have enough to sign Lance if you add our trade exception from the Plumlee trade, Gasol's expiring, and Meeks expiring.
    In what universe does our trade exception in any way help with the re-signing of Lance. A trade exception can only be used as a throw-in within a trade to help the comparative total traded salaries fall within the tolerance limits from eac other (as specified in the CBA).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This has devolved into random trade speculation thread now.

summary of he facts: If the Pacers want to re-sign Lance, they need to add no salary in trade for next year or beyond. Thus any trade would be for an equally big, if not bigger, expiring contract. No reasonable possibilities exist, to my knowledge, other than Pao Gasol and Luol Deng. Neither seems reasonable, by any analysis that I've seen presented here.

So are we going to go on for another 193 posts cooking up far-fetched multiteam versions and posting our new dream Pacer lineup? Really?
    Uhhh...please don't bring this thread back to the realities of what the Pacers salary Cap situation is.

Unless the Pacers are dealing with a GM that is really stupid....THE BEST that the Pacers can hope out of any trade of Granger is to dump Copeland's contract while getting back a HUGE Expiring Contract. Anything beyond that is IMHO a pipedream. The reality is that Granger does not have that much trade value.
    Last edited by CableKC; 02-13-2014 at 01:32 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

This has devolved into random trade speculation thread now.

summary of he facts: If the Pacers want to re-sign Lance, they need to add no salary in trade for next year or beyond. Thus any trade would be for an equally big, if not bigger, expiring contract. No reasonable possibilities exist, to my knowledge, other than Pao Gasol and Luol Deng. Neither seems reasonable, by any analysis that I've seen presented here.

So are we going to go on for another 193 posts cooking up far-fetched multiteam versions and posting our new dream Pacer lineup? Really?
    The Gasol speculations sound interesting. Why do you consider them unrealistic?

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Based on recent reports of Milwaukee wanting Eric Gordon, I came up with this...

Pacers trade: Granger, CJ Watson
    Bucks trade: Gary Neal, OJ Mayo, Zaza Pachulia, Caron Butler, and Antetokounmpo
    Pelicans trade: Eric Gordon.

Pacers acquire: Gary Neal, OJ Mayo
    Bucks acquire: Eric Gordon, Danny Granger, CJ Watson
    Pelicans acquire: Butler, Antetokounmpo, Pachulia

Pacers bench...

Scola
    Copeland
    Bynum
    Mayo
    Neal

Bucks projected starters...

Ilyasova
    Granger
    Henson/Sanders
    Gordon
    Knight

For the Pelicans, they get an upgrade at Center in Pachulia. Butler's contract is expiring, and Antetokounmpo would be a good piece to have for a young back court. Would allow them to move Rivers. Antetokounmpo/Holiday/Evans. But unloading Gordon's contract is a win for NO. Frees up lots of space.

A smaller deal would be CJ and Orlando to Milwaukee for Gary Neal. Neal wants out, and the Bucks have been rumored to want to accomodate his exit. CJ is a serviceable backup, and Orlando would get playing time in Gary's place. Gary and CJ's salaries are similar. Both have 1 year left on their deals after this season.

Then it's...

Copeland and Butler to Cleveland for CJ Miles. Cleveland would love Copeland's stretch 4 abilities. He'll get PT there. Butler is a vet who can still ball, and maybe will calm down some of those young knuckleheads (Waiters and Irving).

So our projected bench....

Scola
    Granger
    Bynum
    Miles
    Neal
    Last edited by Grimp; 02-13-2014 at 07:41 PM.

Mood

RealGM is that way -->

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jukeb0xHero For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    The Gasol speculations sound interesting. Why do you consider them unrealistic?
    Would you be excited about it as a Lakers fan, a rental of a broken down Granger and (maybe) Copeland for a rental of Pao (a much better player) without any 1st round draft picks from 2014 or 2015 going to LA?

If they consider Pao Gasol's expiring contract to be an asset, why wouldn't they use it to get maximum future value, sweetened with draft picks?
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Would you be excited about it as a Lakers fan, a rental of a broken down Granger and (maybe) Copeland for a rental of Pao (a much better player) without any 1st round draft picks from 2014 or 2015 going to LA?

If they consider Pao Gasol's expiring contract to be an asset, why wouldn't they use it to get maximum future value, sweetened with draft picks?

Cleveland's GM was the same way. Wanting picks and obsessively over-valuing players. He's fired now. I think if the Lakers are demanding 1st rounders from teams wanting Pau, they won't find many takers. The teams with 1st rounders in the top 15 (except Charlotte and Denver)....are bad teams. They don't need Pau for a playoff run they'll never have. Bobcats are rolling along fine with Al Jefferson. Denver would have to give up a shooter for Pau. Not to mention, Mozgov and McGee? 3 Centers now? I think they'd do the deal if we take Nick Young off their hands too. Losing the final year of his contract.

Sports Logo

Idk..at 6'4-6'5, he's a tad undersized height wise. His height deficiency is maximized more when flanked by a 6'2 SG. Our greatest attribute against other teams is our size.
    That doesn't matter against Lebron, Melo, Josh Smith, Joe Johnson, or even a Demar Derozan. These guys are big, long and athletic
    Ace, you know how much I love DX. Here it goes then:

Lance Stephenson:

6'5.75" with shoes, 6'10.5 wingspan -> http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...ephenson-1287/

Demar Derozan:

6'6.5" with shoes, 6'9 wingspan -> http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Demar-DeRozan-1319/

Joe Johnson:

6'8.25" with shoes, 6'9 wingspan -> http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Joe-Johnson-3013/

Josh Smith:

6'8.25" with shoes, 7'0 wingspan -> http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Josh-Smith-4421/

Carmelo Anthony:

6'7.5" with shoes, 7'0 wingspan -> http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...-Anthony-1520/

LeBron James:

6'8 with shoes, 7'0.25" wingspan -> http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/LeBron-James-2967/

I'm just putting the numbers out there to illustrate both points.

You are absolutely right that there is a big difference in size between Lance and Josh Smith/LeBron James/Melo and the like. But you know why that's the case? Because none of them are actually guards. All 3 of them are forwards that can play both SF and PF. So, Lance obviously doesn't match up well with them size-wise.

Joe Johnson is a SG that can play at SF as well that truly out-sizes Lance. JJ is simply very big for his position. That's why he always had a great post game. He learned to use his size to his advantage.

Lances matches up nicely with Demar Derozan, though. Demar is a bit taller but Lance is longer and that makes up for it.

I do disagree with what you said about Lance being 6'4-6'5. He is 6'6 which I think is a bit big for a SG (and I certainly agree that being bigger in every position is one of our biggest advantages). But you are right on your other point, though. Even at 6'6 most of the other SFs would be bigger than him.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Ace, you know how much I love DX. Here it goes then:

Lance Stephenson:

6'5.75" with shoes, 6'10.5 wingspan -> http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...ephenson-1287/

Demar Derozan:

6'6.5" with shoes, 6'9 wingspan -> http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Demar-DeRozan-1319/

Joe Johnson:

6'8.25" with shoes, 6'9 wingspan -> http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Joe-Johnson-3013/

Josh Smith:

6'8.25" with shoes, 7'0 wingspan -> http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Josh-Smith-4421/

Carmelo Anthony:

6'7.5" with shoes, 7'0 wingspan -> http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...-Anthony-1520/

LeBron James:

6'8 with shoes, 7'0.25" wingspan -> http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/LeBron-James-2967/

I'm just putting the numbers out there to illustrate both points.

You are absolutely right that there is a big difference in size between Lance and Josh Smith/LeBron James/Melo and the like. But you know why that's the case? Because none of them are actually guards. All 3 of them are forwards that can play both SF and PF. So, Lance obviously doesn't match up well with them size-wise.

Joe Johnson is a SG that can play at SF as well that truly out-sizes Lance. JJ is simply very big for his position. That's why he always had a great post game. He learned to use his size to his advantage.

Lances matches up nicely with Demar Derozan, though. Demar is a bit taller but Lance is longer and that makes up for it.

I do disagree with what you said about Lance being 6'4-6'5. He is 6'6 which I think is a bit big for a SG (and I certainly agree that being bigger in every position is one of our biggest advantages). But you are right on your other point, though. Even at 6'6 most of the other SFs would be bigger than him.
    DX is always a great site for size comparisons, I probably should have went there before I declared Lance's height as 6'4! If he truly is nearly 6'6, then it changes a bit.

As I said, he would be a bit of a size disadvantage with certain guys, but it's all about matchups as well. Looking at the other playoff potentials (2-12 in the east) only Melo, Lebron, Josh Smith, and Joe Johnson would hold size advantages that could hurt us inside. Even then, I truly on,y think Melo, Bron and Smith would hold an insurmountable advantage in size.

Funny thing is, all of this is completely hypothetical haha.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Ben Gordon for Granger or Scola/Copeland/Ian?

You guys are so bad with trade ideas ha
    “This was just a taste,” George said. “I want to be here every year until I can’t go no more.”

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KingGeorge_24 For This Useful Post:

Had we not used next year's first round pick on Scola, I could see a Pau deal. I heard Ramona Shelbourne on a podcast mention that the Lakers have interest in signing Granger next summer, and Plumlee and Green might have helped fill in the pieces. Now we don't have enough to make it work when a team like the Suns has a range of picks and mid level deals they can offer. Would have been interesting if we held out a little longer and tried to make a go at it with Copeland at the back up four.

Based on recent reports of Milwaukee wanting Eric Gordon, I came up with this...

No way possible Milwaukee would ever deal Giannis. That kid just has so much potential upside and is definitely a huge part of their future plans.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BenR1990 For This Useful Post:

Paul George has played significantly worse since Granger has been back. Is that part of it?
    @qandrews9428

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    Paul George has played significantly worse since Granger has been back. Is that part of it?
    No, they rarely play more than a few minutes together.

Sports Logo

Pacers bench...

Scola
    Copeland
    Bynum
    Mayo
    Neal

Bucks projected starters...

Ilyasova
    Granger
    Henson/Sanders
    Gordon
    Knight

For the Pelicans, they get an upgrade at Center in Pachulia. Butler's contract is expiring, and Antetokounmpo would be a good piece to have for a young back court. Would allow them to move Rivers. Antetokounmpo/Holiday/Evans. But unloading Gordon's contract is a win for NO. Frees up lots of space.

A smaller deal would be CJ and Orlando to Milwaukee for Gary Neal. Neal wants out, and the Bucks have been rumored to want to accomodate his exit. CJ is a serviceable backup, and Orlando would get playing time in Gary's place. Gary and CJ's salaries are similar. Both have 1 year left on their deals after this season.

Then it's...

Copeland and Butler to Cleveland for CJ Miles. Cleveland would love Copeland's stretch 4 abilities. He'll get PT there. Butler is a vet who can still ball, and maybe will calm down some of those young knuckleheads (Waiters and Irving).

So our projected bench....

Scola
    Granger
    Bynum
    Miles
    Neal
    Before I proceed to comment on any of these ( and any subsequent ) trade suggestions.....answer me a real quick and easy answer....do u want to re-sign Lance next season?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

for all your trade props we have a perfectly suitable forum, this thread obviously ran its course
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to able For This Useful Post: