Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Zach Lowe - Pacers actively shopping Granger

Default Re: Zach Lowe - Pacers actively shopping Granger

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry just stated in the meeting prior to Bynum addition that all the backup centers available suck and want to be overpaid. Obviously Lopez would have been an upgrade but this isn't NBA2K. Mahinmi is very a serviceable center.

Like I said, what do you expect from a 4M per backup center. Larry probably doesn't like that he has 2 years remaining on his contract.

I don't expect much. But please do 1 SINGLE thing well. Block, rebound, score, irritate the opponent....something!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I can't wait for the trade deadline to pass.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    I don't expect much. But please do 1 SINGLE thing well. Block, rebound, score, irritate the opponent....something!
    Ian is the Pacers' all-time leader in defensive rating! Come on!

All kidding aside, he does protect the rim fairly well and while not a huge shot blocker, he will swat a few away. He is a decent enough rebounder. His problem is that he has stone hands and is an atrocious offensive player.

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelo...74/ian-mahinmi

Mahnimis averaging almost a block per game and 5 rebounds in limited minutes. as soon as we deal mahinmi were gonna be saying the same thing about him we are plumlee.

im fully aware Mahinmi has zero offensive game overall, but his defense and rebounding are very underappreciated for a backup center making the appox the league average.

im on board w the bynum acquisition, the guys a former all star,,, but none of ever expected to find that kinda potential at backup center. excluding bynum there are maybe 4 other backup centers in the leage I would take over him, and about 20+ others I would not want.

lopez starts so I don't consider that a realistic backup. who other than bynum was out there to upgrade over mahnimi. just saying mahinmi is very underappreciated for what is reasonably expected.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ian with any offensive game is closer to 8M per year than what he is currently. Still an upgrade over Amundson.

Danny has been a disappointment off the bench and Bird cannot be happy with his play. Danny's role was supposed to be a serious weapon off the bench. A game changer like Jamaal Crawford on LAC. Sure Danny hits some shots from time to time, but has been too inconsistent. Doesn't impact every game he plays. He has been in the rotation for a while now, and just doesn't look like the same player from 2 years ago.
    David "And One" West

I would trade Danny for a young, disappointing player, full of potential whose current team might have given up on. Like what happened to Wesley Johnson and Derrick Williams. Those guys are doing OK for their new teams. Is Dion Waiters available? Cleveland cannot be happy with his progress and would be a great backup SG.
    David "And One" West

Second unit looks old at times. Scola and Granger are showing their age. Orlando and Solo aren't ready to contribute. We need some young, hungry guys that can play
    David "And One" West

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    Is Dion Waiters available? Cleveland cannot be happy with his progress and would be a great backup SG.
    Probably, but I want no part of Dion Waiters. From most accounts, he has been one of the main problems with Cleveland's dysfunction. Bad locker room guy.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Let me suggest an unpopular idea, but one that has not been discussed because it is VERY unlikely atm... But assuming Lance keeps showing this grown over the next few weeks, is it a possibility that TPTB choose to move Lance instead of losing him for nothing this offseason?? What possibilities are out there that would be a plausible situation where Lance gets traded... I dont feel that the FO is prepared to go max money to resign Lance, and I am not sure that Lance is to far from getting that kind of money from some team looking to take a risk...

I am not suggesting that I would do this, or that it is remotely likely, but its something that hasnt been discussed or even considered by many here..

Second unit looks old at times. Scola and Granger are showing their age. Orlando and Solo aren't ready to contribute. We need some young, hungry guys that can play
    Scola has looked and played this way for years. He has had an old man's game since he got to the NBA. He's slow, he can't really jump, he's a bad defender, but he is usually money on those mid-range jumpers and if we unleashed him on the block more often, he would display his dazzling array of pump fakes, head fakes, quasi-Dream shakes, scoop shots, and other nifty moves that he uses to score. I really, really wish we would let him post up more often. He's really fun to watch down there.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Danny has been a disappointment off the bench and Bird cannot be happy with his play. Danny's role was supposed to be a serious weapon off the bench. A game changer like Jamaal Crawford on LAC. Sure Danny hits some shots from time to time, but has been too inconsistent. Doesn't impact every game he plays. He has been in the rotation for a while now, and just doesn't look like the same player from 2 years ago.
    I dont think that there was anyone who believed that DG would come back and be the player that he was two years ago... I think that his current production is about what the average expectation for him were... Not quite as good as what some had imagioned and not quite as bad as the rest imagioned...

Quote Originally Posted by bballpacen View Post
    Let me suggest an unpopular idea, but one that has not been discussed because it is VERY unlikely atm... But assuming Lance keeps showing this grown over the next few weeks, is it a possibility that TPTB choose to move Lance instead of losing him for nothing this offseason?? What possibilities are out there that would be a plausible situation where Lance gets traded... I dont feel that the FO is prepared to go max money to resign Lance, and I am not sure that Lance is to far from getting that kind of money from some team looking to take a risk...

I am not suggesting that I would do this, or that it is remotely likely, but its something that hasnt been discussed or even considered by many here..
    Its a good idea, but probably not going to happen during the season. We are "all in" on winning a championship this year. Trading Lance could help Indiana for the next few years, but would weaken our team this year
    David "And One" West

I would trade Danny for a young, disappointing player, full of potential whose current team might have given up on. Like what happened to Wesley Johnson and Derrick Williams. Those guys are doing OK for their new teams. Is Dion Waiters available? Cleveland cannot be happy with his progress and would be a great backup SG.
    Then you might as well throw Lance into that trade because this kind of trade hurts us in terms of resigning Lance than it would help...

I dont think that there was anyone who believed that DG would come back and be the player that he was two years ago... I think that his current production is about what the average expectation for him were... Not quite as good as what some had imagioned and not quite as bad as the rest imagioned...
    DG was obviously not going to be the same guy from 2 years ago, but I don't think expecting Danny to be close to that level is unreasonable. I was expecting him to be a serious threat and possible sixth man of the year candidate. My expectations were probably Bird's as well, and I don't think Larry is happy with DG's regression
    David "And One" West

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Scola has looked and played this way for years. He has had an old man's game since he got to the NBA. He's slow, he can't really jump, he's a bad defender, but he is usually money on those mid-range jumpers and if we unleashed him on the block more often, he would display his dazzling array of pump fakes, head fakes, quasi-Dream shakes, scoop shots, and other nifty moves that he uses to score. I really, really wish we would let him post up more often. He's really fun to watch down there.
    We don't post up Scola because every time he dribbles, he turns the ball over
    David "And One" West

Then you might as well throw Lance into that trade because this kind of trade hurts us in terms of resigning Lance than it would help...
    Could you trade Danny for another expiring player that could help us this year? You have to look at it as who gives us the best chance to win a title this year. If there is a player that could help more than Danny, regardless of money this season, you get him. Bird is not playing any games at all.
    David "And One" West

The only team I saw in this thread that I think would even consider a trade for Danny, would maybe be the Lakers. They are really hurting for warm bodies at this point in the season. If Larry really wants to change the team(which I doubt seriously) we might do Granger and Scola for Pau Gasol. Pau could backup David and maybe Roy if needed. He can score and still has some defense. Lakers get 2 for one, both of which they can unload at the end of the season. Pacers get $19m in expiring and a better PF for scoring and size. However, unless Frank and Larry know something we haven't seen yet, Butler and Cope for the backup 3 is a little scary? These guys haven't even seen the floor for very much mop up duty this season. We might offer Ian as part of that trade if the Lakers would go for it. That just might leave enough Cap next year to retain Lance. IIRC we have 7.7 million in cap space after we let Danny walk at the end of the year if we keep Luis? That's not enough money for next year, but Larry has said over and over he's not worried about next year.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cousy47 For This Useful Post:

DG was obviously not going to be the same guy from 2 years ago, but I don't think expecting Danny to be close to that level is unreasonable. I was expecting him to be a serious threat and possible sixth man of the year candidate. My expectations were probably Bird's as well, and I don't think Larry is happy with DG's regression
    I dont feel that its fair to say that Danny has regressed, his production is much more than it has been the past two years... I would say that he has improved simply by being on the floor... I also agree that it is not much to expect that Danny will approach his production of the past, but not this year, not on this team... I think that he will be much improved next year, similarly to how those coming off of major knee injuries typically dont return to form until the second season...

Quote Originally Posted by Cousy47 View Post
    The only team I saw in this thread that I think would even consider a trade for Danny, would maybe be the Lakers. They are really hurting for warm bodies at this point in the season. If Larry really wants to change the team(which I doubt seriously) we might do Granger and Scola for Pau Gasol. Pau could backup David and maybe Roy if needed. He can score and still has some defense. Lakers get 2 for one, both of which they can unload at the end of the season. Pacers get $19m in expiring and a better PF for scoring and size. However, unless Frank and Larry know something we haven't seen yet, Butler and Cope for the backup 3 is a little scary? These guys haven't even seen the floor for very much mop up duty this season. We might offer Ian as part of that trade if the Lakers would go for it. That just might leave enough Cap next year to retain Lance. IIRC we have 7.7 million in cap space after we let Danny walk at the end of the year if we keep Luis? That's not enough money for next year, but Larry has said over and over he's not worried about next year.
    I like that trade. Pau Gasol would be a difference maker off the bench. I do worry about the backup wing. Butler has played well, but I don't know if he is ready for the pressure of a deep playoff run. Almost too late to throw Butler in that role
    David "And One" West

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

We don't post up Scola because every time he dribbles, he turns the ball over
    We don't post up Scola because he's playing the pick and pop role that Hansbrough played last year. If we are concerned about limiting turnovers, then Lance and Paul need to be at the center of that investigation.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

I dont feel that its fair to say that Danny has regressed, his production is much more than it has been the past two years... I would say that he has improved simply by being on the floor... I also agree that it is not much to expect that Danny will approach his production of the past, but not this year, not on this team... I think that he will be much improved next year, similarly to how those coming off of major knee injuries typically dont return to form until the second season...
    I hope you are correct. I am a Granger fan, and want him to succeed wherever he plays. I honestly feel that Bird wanted more out of Danny than what he is getting this season
    David "And One" West

Lowe is a hack, so I wouldn't read too much into it. ESPN pays anyone to say anything, as long as they say it ignorantly with confidence

I hope you are correct. I am a Granger fan, and want him to succeed wherever he plays. I honestly feel that Bird wanted more out of Danny than what he is getting this season
    I am guessing Bird saw this coming, at least to a certain extent. This team, while publicly beating the drum of wanting the #1 seed, is in title or bust mode. I think Bird wants Danny to work through his kinks in the regular season and be a contributor in the playoffs--when we really need him.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    We don't post up Scola because he's playing the pick and pop role that Hansbrough played last year. If we are concerned about limiting turnovers, then Lance and Paul need to be at the center of that investigation.
    Scola is good in the post whenever its ISO. Luis has only one guy near him, and everybody else gets out of the way. He does have issues when he dribbles in traffic though.
    David "And One" West