Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 220

Thread: Zach Lowe - Pacers actively shopping Granger

  1. #26
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,356

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Zach Lowe - Pacers actively shopping Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is Gasol expiring? I mean is his contract expiring? Don't answer my first question
    Yes he is. Though I don't see how that could possibly benefit the Lakers. They can let Gasol's contract expire just as easily as they can let Granger's expire without taking back the additional money needed to match up.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  2. #27
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,465

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Zach Lowe - Pacers actively shopping Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only thing I could potentially see out there is something like Ben Gordon and Portland's 1st for Granger and Copeland. Charlotte is desperate for outside shooting because their wings are 7 shades of awful from the 3-point line and they want to make the playoffs. But now we're starting to get into Grimp land and I'm not going down that road right now.
    Isn't outside shooting what Ben Gordon is supposed to be good at?

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  4. #28
    Obviously ur not a golfer 5_7_Clash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    333

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Zach Lowe - Pacers actively shopping Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only if they are picks in this upcoming draft.
    Disagree. By the time any rookie contract is up, West will be an expiring or he'll be retired.

  5. #29
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,978

    Default Re: Zach Lowe - Pacers actively shopping Granger

    My best guess is sure the Pacers are looking to see what they could get for Granger because they don't expect him to help us that miuch this season (help us some, but not much) so they are looking, calling around, just to see.

  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  7. #30
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,365

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Zach Lowe - Pacers actively shopping Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by 5_7_Clash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is my point. We could only take back an expiring if we trade him for a player or we can just let his contract expire and let him walk with nothing in return.
    There's someone out there that would give up a low, first round pick (in a great draft) for Granger or a multi-team deal could yield us a first round pick in some fashion. If we're actually shopping him and serious about it, this is the only thing that makes sense to me.
    You can't take on a first round salary this year. That will hurt you in re-signing Lance. The idea of a perfect trade, Danny, One of Copeland or Ian for another expiring who is actually a good player and a pick in let's say 2015 is an absolute pipe dream.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  8. #31

    Default Re: Zach Lowe - Pacers actively shopping Granger

    I think Granger will improve more as the season goes on, he missed all that time, and he is a notorious slow starter, even when healthy, so I say all he needs is time

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  10. #32
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,228
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Zach Lowe - Pacers actively shopping Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is Gasol expiring? I mean is his contract expiring? Don't answer my first question
    Yeah he's an expiring contract...I don't think there's a chance in hell the Lakers do that though, they REALLY want cap space. You might be able to get them to do Granger + Scola for Gasol, fits D'Antoni's system better, Ian would never play for him.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  11. #33
    Member LG33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,877

    Default Re: Zach Lowe - Pacers actively shopping Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is Gasol expiring? I mean is his contract expiring? Don't answer my first question
    Yeah, at $19 million too. I was just trying to put forth an insane trade idea, but, as it turns out, Grimpin' ain't easy.

  12. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to LG33 For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  13. #34
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,465

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Zach Lowe - Pacers actively shopping Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Granger will improve more as the season goes on, he missed all that time, and he is a notorious slow starter, even when healthy, so I say all he needs is time
    We don't really need that much out of him to be honest. We need him to find his shot, which isn't unreasonable. We don't need him to come in and be instant offense. We need him to hit open threes. His defense, truth be told, really hasn't been bad.

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  15. #35
    Obviously ur not a golfer 5_7_Clash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    333

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Zach Lowe - Pacers actively shopping Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First round picks are an increasingly valuable commodity in the NBA. No one is dishing one out for Granger's expiring contract. Nobody picking that "low" in the draft to where it would even begin to make sense has the cap space to absorb him without sending back roughly $14 million in salary, and as we mentioned, it would have to be all expiring deals. Just doesn't work.
    I see your point. I'm just hypothesizing about what I think would make the most sense in this scenario.

  16. #36
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,356

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Zach Lowe - Pacers actively shopping Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Isn't outside shooting what Ben Gordon is supposed to be good at?
    He's only played 252 minutes on a team that was giving big minutes to Chris Douglas-Roberts. He hasn't even touched the floor in over a month. He's either had a total falling out with the new coach (of course he also a total falling out with the last coach) or he's just no longer good at anything. Regardless, it's pretty obvious to them he's just like Granger is to us. Nothing more than a huge expiring contract.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  17. #37
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,505

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Zach Lowe - Pacers actively shopping Granger

    Also you have to take into consideration, when was this activity? Was it prior to or after signing Bynum?

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  19. #38
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,365

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Zach Lowe - Pacers actively shopping Granger

    I imagine that this is just Bird killing a case of Bud Heavy and then repeatedly drunk dialing other GMs.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  21. #39
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,465

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Zach Lowe - Pacers actively shopping Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by 5_7_Clash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see your point. I'm just hypothesizing about what I think would make the most sense in this scenario.
    I know. That's the problem with trading Granger: I've seen it proposed a million times but there really isn't a good solution to it. It's really hard to find a trade that makes sense for all parties involved.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  23. #40
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,356

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Zach Lowe - Pacers actively shopping Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also you have to take into consideration, when was this activity? Was it prior to or after signing Bynum?
    By all media accounts, we've been looking to add an additional bench scorer after the Bynum deal. But we really don't have any assets to speak of so it's mostly just wishing.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  24. #41

    Default Re: Zach Lowe - Pacers actively shopping Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We don't really need that much out of him to be honest. We need him to find his shot, which isn't unreasonable. We don't need him to come in and be instant offense. We need him to hit open threes. His defense, truth be told, really hasn't been bad.
    I think Granger being shopped has a lot to do with how comfortable the FO feels with the combination of Rasual Butler and Copeland.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:


  26. #42
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,465

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Zach Lowe - Pacers actively shopping Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's only played 252 minutes on a team that was giving big minutes to Chris Douglas-Roberts. He hasn't even touched the floor in over a month. He's either had a total falling out with the new coach (of course he also a total falling out with the last coach) or he's just no longer good at anything. Regardless, it's pretty obvious to them he's just like Granger is to us. Nothing more than a huge expiring contract.
    Why would we want him? For Portland's late first rounder? Grimpin' ain't easy indeed.

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  28. #43
    Member Manguera's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    104

    Default Re: Zach Lowe - Pacers actively shopping Granger

    Anything is possible but IMO there's no way in Hades we should trade him. He's exactly the kind of player contending teams like us are looking for... former all star vet with an expiring contract that can defend and still put up pts on occasion and is a proven playoff player. Why give that up??
    A healthy man takes a crap every day. A smart man does it on company time.

  29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Manguera For This Useful Post:


  30. #44
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,365

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Zach Lowe - Pacers actively shopping Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By all media accounts, we've been looking to add an additional bench scorer after the Bynum deal. But we really don't have any assets to speak of so it's mostly just wishing.
    And what does that even mean? It could be like Bird's "We're adding one of the best shooters in the NBA" things

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  31. #45
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,978

    Default Re: Zach Lowe - Pacers actively shopping Granger

    Would any contender want Copeland?

    Not sure this has anything to do with anything, just a thought.

  32. #46
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,465

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Zach Lowe - Pacers actively shopping Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Granger being shopped has a lot to do with how comfortable the FO feels with the combination of Rasual Butler and Copeland.
    I really, really doubt that is the case.

  33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  34. #47
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,356

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Zach Lowe - Pacers actively shopping Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would we want him? For Portland's late first rounder? Grimpin' ain't easy indeed.
    Basically. We certainly wouldn't do it because we wanted Ben ****ing Gordon. Nobody wants him. But it would free up a little extra money for Lance's new contract by shedding Copeland's salary.

    Whether or not that small savings is needed, or even enough, I don't know.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  35. #48

    Default Re: Zach Lowe - Pacers actively shopping Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would any contender want Copeland?

    Not sure this has anything to do with anything, just a thought.
    If we are trying to pick up an expiring for Granger, my guess is we would be dealing with tanking teams and throwing Cope in as a thank you token.

  36. #49

    Default Re: Zach Lowe - Pacers actively shopping Granger

    Luol Deng is literally the only expiring wing with a deal that is feasible, monetarily-speaking, who would be any good. Unless the Cavs would do Granger, Copeland, Solo, and the 2014 2nd, there is no way that deal could go down without crippling us.

  37. #50
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,465

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Zach Lowe - Pacers actively shopping Granger

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Luol Deng is literally the only expiring wing with a deal that is feasible, monetarily-speaking, who would be any good. Unless the Cavs would do Granger, Copeland, Solo, and the 2014 2nd, there is no way that deal could go down without crippling us.
    Salaries would have to match up without Cleveland adding anything else. Since they just traded for Deng they can't package him with any other player (not sure about picks, though) in another deal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •