Thread: Jimmy Graham Tagged as WR versus TE

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Jimmy Graham Tagged as WR versus TE

What does everyone feel on this one?

If tagged as a WR he is due 11.5 million and as a TE he is due 6.7 million. Of course the Saints want to tag him as a TE and he wants to be tagged as WR.

I tend to lean towards him being tagged as a WR as that is what he is used as. He is not a TE that sometimes gets put out as a WR. He is just a WR that is labeled as a TE and used 90% of the WR.

Default Re: Jimmy Graham Tagged as WR versus TE

In 2014, Graham lined up at TE 33 percent of the time, slot 45 percent of the time and WR 22 percent of the time.

To me it is a no brainer. Dudes a wideout.
    DG for 3

Meh,
    His value would be shot if he didn't have Brees and a Payton willing to put him in the slot.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I guarantee if he manages to get himself tagged at WR that will be the league wide end of TE's lining up at WR.

Get well soon PG! Believe_in_blue's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think he's a tight end but just an extremely versatile tight end. Pat Macfee didn't ask for an increase in his *** rate last year because he handled the Colts kickoff duties too. I think that wherever the team lists him on the depth chart is what his position is. There are plenty of other tight ends who line up either in the slot or wide, that's just how the game has evolved. I think it's in the best interest of both party's to just get a deal completed. His too important to they're offense and he obviously wants the security of his contract. If the Saints don't want to give him a long term contract I'm sure Grigs would!!

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

In the current format, dude's a WR. But given how diverse positions like TE and LB and limited positions like RB are getting they kinda need to revamp the franchise tag system. I don't really know what they could do but it's too open to loopholes right now.