Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Nuggets Post-Game Thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Nuggets Post-Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some of us watching on League Pass got to listen in to Brooke Olzendam putting the moves on a 16 year old kid. Really just an enchanted evening of Pacer basketball.
    Wait what? hahaha

EDIT: Saw your next post, nevermind.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 02-11-2014 at 09:27 AM.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Also, West is getting a lot of the credit lately, but G. Hill is showing yet again that when the chips are on the table he is going to show up. He's been playing great ball for two weeks or so and his last 5 games are really great 13 PPG, 6 APG, 5 RPG on 48% shooting. And he's doing this while his 3 point shot has been largely crap, really he's been very good since the Golden State game 1/20 on offense. So glad we got this pair of winners on our squad.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VideoVandal View Post

Literally almost 0 negatives from this game except maybe the turnovers.....

I about came out of my chair screaming nasties at Stephenson for throwing that down court pass on the Pacers 1st possession. Then another 1 in the 1st qtr plus 1 in the 2 qtr. SMH wondering if he really understands his errant passes hurts the team.

I truly felt sorry for Brian Shaw. Vogel even went with the bench the 4th qtr, and it didn't even help.

Nice article from the Denver Post

http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/...lt-love/10094/

February 10, 2014, 11:08 am Nuggets coach Brian Shaw back in Indiana, a place he really “felt the love”

INDIANAPOLIS – Shootaround this morning in Banker’s Life Arena without Paul George or Roy Hibbert flanking him, or coach Frank Vogel barking out instructions was admittedly a different experience for Brian Shaw.

“It’s interesting,” Shaw said. “A lot of good memories over the last two years that I was here.”

He’s got his own team now, the Nuggets, and he put them through a crisp shootaround in preparation for the biggest challenge on this four-game road trip – the team with the best record in the Eastern Conference and best win percentage in the entire NBA, the Pacers.

The day off in Indy on Sunday gave Shaw to catch up with some of old friends, though none who are actually with the team right now because Indiana played at Orlando last night.

“It’s just nice to catch up,” Shaw said. “I have good memories, two good years with a team that got better. Got to see a lot of the young players blossom. … Just good memories.”

He was unsure of how emotional this night might be, if the crowd gives him a big ovation when he is announced. Though he’s not expecting one.

“I don’t think I was here long enough to get a huge ovation,” Shaw said, grinning.

“But whatever happens, happens. I know that I felt the love when I was here from the fans as well as people in the organization.

I expressed to them before I left, the biggest compliment that I was able to give the Pacers organization was that going forward and taking my program to Denver, I’d want to emulate how they ran things here, just from top to bottom.

Everybody felt like they had ownership in the team from the players to the coaching staff to the training staff to the front office, the operations staff…everybody was engaged. And that’s how you want it to be when you come to work.

“To me that’s the biggest compliment that I can give them. I implemented a lot of things that I learned here when I got to Denver, trying to build and create that same culture there.”

Follow Chris Dempsey on Twitter @dempseypost or email him at cdempsey@denverpost.com

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Also, Danny has been largely awful for a month now, but seeing him dunk made my cold, dead heart grow three sizes last night, and to everyone who said he would never dunk again I SAY GOOD DAY.
    I'm sad I missed the dunk; I was only away from the game for a few minutes. Anybody got a clip?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I'm sad I missed the dunk; I was only away from the game for a few minutes. Anybody got a clip?
    I had to work late and missed the game. I'd also be interested in seeing a clip of this if anyone has it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    not sure how to embed this, but here is a link.

http://on.nba.com/1m2AXtC

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    I really respect all of those haters from the Orlando thread coming back tonight and acknowledging that the Pacers played well.

Oh wait....
    Yes.

Because one awesome win makes up for the fact the team has lacked passion and effort for the last month.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    Good to see the team learned a valuable lesson from the Orlando game.

Step on the opponents throat until game is final.

They played 48 min of ball not 35 min like at Orlando.

I'd like to have been a fly on the wall when the players aired their comments to each other about the Orlando game!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    Yes.

Because one awesome win makes up for the fact the team has lacked passion and effort for the last month.
    That's weird. That's the exact opposite of what I think after one loss.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    Yes.

12-4 from January 10 to February 10, and that includes an extremely difficult road trip. I'll take that any day.

16. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by thewholefnshow31 View Post
    It is probably more the complete overreaction when we lose that goes a bit far. Yes, the Orlando loss was tough to swallow, but every team loses a game or two like that each year. The Heat had some bad losses in their title runs as well. Yet some people on here think the sky is falling just because we have one. Are there things that we can improve on? Of course. Could Paul work more on facilitating? Of course he can, but then people act like Paul is this finished product and seasoned vet in his early 30s. Hell, Durant is just not becoming a good facilitator and he has years on Paul. Then you throw in the fact that some users scream at the top of their lungs that the sky is falling when we lose, but then we come out and completely destroy an opponent and you hear nothing.

This was a fantastic response to the Orlando loss and the type of win I was hoping to see.

David West just abused them all night and it was fantastic to watch.

Maybe it's not just the loss, but how the the Pacers lost the game that makes people so upset with the Orlando loss. The loosing of a 17 pt lead to a sub 500 team by sloppy lackadaisical play is deemed totally unacceptable.

People understand the Pacers aren't going to go 82-0, and there will be losses. It's the way some games are played in those losses that upset people. The fans know this team is good, and b/c of this we hold the team to a higher bar. Fans have a greater expectation, b/c this team is sooo GOOD. We as fans don't like losing games, but losing a game the way it happened in Orlando is just totally unacceptable. Thus the spillage of discontent in the post game threads.

Being upset and saying something about the poor a play of a player or how a certain circumstance in the game should or should not have been doesn't constitute HATE nor those that express their displeasure be construed as HATERS. If there was one word on this forum I could ban, it would the word HATE. It becomes a label to those that disagree.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Maybe it's not just the loss, but how the the Pacers lost the game that makes people so upset with the Orlando loss. The loosing of a 17 pt lead to a sub 500 team by sloppy lackadaisical play is deemed totally unacceptable.
    That would make sense, if we only looked at the Orlando loss. But same things are said after every loss.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

See in a nutshell I guess that's my biggest gripe as well. We get all this negative vibe and people come in here showing stats that say they suck and then when you remind them of the most important stat of all, the 40-11 overall record, the 10-4 record in the last month, compare their record to other teams over the same period, it's like that stuff gets totally dismissed for whatever reason. Nothing is good enough for some people. They could be 51-0 right now with an average margin of victory of 40 while shooting 75% from the field and all 5 starters averaging a triple double and there would still be SOMETHING that would get *****ed about.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    I understand the loss to Orlando was bad, the issue as I see it is that posters seem to look at the things they do wrong and assume that's what we're going to see in the playoffs, completely disregarding nights like tonight, as if the wins are the outlier to out performances this year.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    He was unsure of how emotional this night might be, if the crowd gives him a big ovation when he is announced. Though he’s not expecting one.

“I don’t think I was here long enough to get a huge ovation,” Shaw said, grinning.
    Anyone at the game pay attention to this? Curious if he got cheers.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    See in a nutshell I guess that's my biggest gripe as well. We get all this negative vibe and people come in here showing stats that say they suck and then when you remind them of the most important stat of all, the 40-11 overall record, the 10-4 record in the last month, compare their record to other teams over the same period, it's like that stuff gets totally dismissed for whatever reason. Nothing is good enough for some people. They could be 51-0 right now with an average margin of victory of 40 while shooting 75% from the field and all 5 starters averaging a triple double and there would still be SOMETHING that would get *****ed about.
    George Hill not being a "true" PG.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Can we not talk about the game please? We should be focusing on how many turnovers. That the Nuggets were hampered. And this team is first round fodder.

Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    Anyone at the game pay attention to this? Curious if he got cheers.
    He did get a cheer. Not a standing ovation, but a nice enough cheer to make him wave to the crowd to acknowledge it.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    12-4 from January 10 to February 10, and that includes an extremely difficult road trip. I'll take that any day.
    I know people have been razzing us hard for "falling off". We're 15-6 since the new year. Miami is 11-7 in the same time period with what 4 games left on their road trip?

One of my buddies who lives in NYC texted me the other day and goes "from an outsider's perspective it seems the wheels have really fallen off for the Pacers"

This opinion seems to have some legs among a group of the fan base but it really doesn't make sense.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

David West was in beast mode last night.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

I know people have been razzing us hard for "falling off". We're 15-6 since the new year. Miami is 11-7 in the same time period with what 4 games left on their road trip?

One of my buddies who lives in NYC texted me the other day and goes "from an outsider's perspective it seems the wheels have really fallen off for the Pacers"

This opinion seems to have some legs among a group of the fan base but it really doesn't make sense.

I think some things have been exposed though. Our bench looks lost at times because we have no prolific scorer. Like a Goran Dragic type. Nor can anyone off the bench really create for other guys if Lance is not on the floor. That's something Larry will have to fix at the deadline. Bynum was fixing the Mahinmi disaster. Something he tried to do once already by acquiring Robin Lopez. Good thing he was aware enough to take a second crack at it.

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    David West was in beast mode last night.

When he is on, I still say that he has the prettiest offense on the team. I love watching him mow down a helpless defender and then turnaround for a beautiful J. IMO, he has easily been our best player over the last few weeks. As others have mentioned, Hill has really come alive too. I'm glad to see that these two are reminding everyone that they were the reason this team became one of the best in the NBA two years ago.

Well by gawd if a month record of 15-6 is the wheels falling off no one else had wheels to begin with.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:

On one hand, I guess it's kind of a compliment. We came out of the gate this season bulldozing teams left and right, so it's gotten to the point that people think we are "off" if we eek a few wins out and lose a game here and there. Think about it, we are 12-4 over the last month which includes a Western road trip, yet people are saying that we are "lazy", the "wheels are falling off", and that we have "lacked effort". I guess that tells you just how great the Pacers are.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post: