Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Pacers please stop the showboating and crying to the referees its getting old

Default Re: Pacers please stop the showboating and crying to the referees its getting old

Gonna just bump this here, since it apparently hasn't reached BLF yet.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers please stop the showboating and crying to the referees its getting old

I never thought there would be a reason to dislike Pacers fans but wow... this thread is full of people that suck.

Pacers are finally winning again and people are complaining about the players being excited on the court and winning games?

Maybe the players should be zombies.

Seriously... we have a young, exciting team that's built to win a championship and people still whine about the players. I don't even like Richard Sherman but uh, how exactly did he hurt his team? Let our players have some swag. Unless you'd prefer going back to the Muprhy, Dunleavy, Foster, Deiner, Peja era.... I'm white but even I can see that we literally trotted out a lineup of white players to clean up the image. If that's the basketball you prefer, k. Our guys aren't doing anything wrong other than having fun while wanting nothing more than to win. Make them act like they don't care though and they probably won't. This isn't an assembly line where you can beat people down into submission. They make millions of dollars. Tell them to not enjoy themselves and you end up with Andrew Bynum. Someone who collects a paycheck and doesn't give a s***.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I bet people in Seattle would love to have a team puffing out their chests when they have the best record in the league while killing it on defense. So we lost to Orlando. Miami lost to utah, the Spurs to Detroit, and OKC lost to some low level team as well. It happens in any season. I'll take a team with a little swagger, were we all not jumping on that last season, to one playing scared and afraid to lose.
    quick go tell lance to airhump after every basket and george to whine to the refs after every call becasue there's a city that would love to have a team. best logic ever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    quick go tell lance to airhump after every basket and george to whine to the refs after every call becasue there's a city that would love to have a team. best logic ever.
    The logic I got out of it was "stop nitpicking"
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    But... it's the internet... the nits... they have to... you must... the nits MUST BE PICKED

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    I never thought there would be a reason to dislike Pacers fans but wow... this thread is full of people that suck.

Pacers are finally winning again and people are complaining about the players being excited on the court and winning games?

Seriously... we have a young, exciting team that's built to win a championship and people still whine about the players. I don't even like Richard Sherman but uh, how exactly did he hurt his team? Let our players have some swag. Unless you'd prefer going back to the Muprhy, Dunleavy, Foster, Deiner, Peja era.... I'm white but even I can see that we literally trotted out a lineup of white players to clean up the image. If that's the basketball you prefer, k. Our guys aren't doing anything wrong other than having fun while wanting nothing more than to win. Make them act like they don't care though and they probably won't. This isn't an assembly line where you can beat people down into submission. They make millions of dollars. Tell them to not enjoy themselves and you end up with Andrew Bynum. Someone who collects a paycheck and doesn't give a s***.
    Well the Pacers have been winning for 3 years now. Also, they haven't won anything yet.
    @qandrews9428

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    See, the logic I get out of this debate is that it's hypocritical for us to laugh at the Heat for flopping and whining to the refs seemingly every chance they get, but it's okay for us to do it.

I don't care so much about the showboating (insofar as it doesn't hurt the team on the court), but I'd really not like to turn into Miami north with respect for begging for calls.

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post

We are nit picking the stuff that is not fun to watch and is also preventing them from winning.