Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pacers please stop the showboating and crying to the referees its getting old

Default Re: Pacers please stop the showboating and crying to the referees its getting old

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think having the best record in the NBA shows you put forth a consistent effort when playing. Of course there is room for improvement, but when you have to completely dismiss their current record in order to argue a hypothetical, yeah......
    Oh I agree it's odd to see the "they will never win again" mentality after a loss especially when they do have a hell of a record, beating good teams and bad teams, and losing to good teams and bad teams. Every team will have those types of losses, it's odd to totally dismiss the success this team has had this year based on some mistakes and losses to teams they "should" beat

Default Re: Pacers please stop the showboating and crying to the referees its getting old

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    Wait, are we still talking about the Pacers?
    Pacers havent played elite defense lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    It's the regular season, man. There are ups and downs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    It's the regular season, man. There are ups and downs.
    I understand. But these are still issues.

Guess you missed the Portland game
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    Guess you missed the Portland game
    Isnt this kind of talk against tos. Besides 103 points in regulation aint bad. But its not elite either

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Jan (15 games): Pacers opponents scored 93.5pts on 41.5fg%
    Feb (5 games): Pacers opponents scored 93.2pts on 42.3fg%

PPG would be good for 2nd in the league
    OppFG% would be good for 1st in the league

I'm starting to notice a trend here.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Jan (15 games): Pacers opponents scored 93.5pts on 41.5fg%
    Feb (5 games): Pacers opponents scored 93.2pts on 42.3fg%

PPG would be good for 2nd in the league
    OppFG% would be good for 1st in the league

I'm starting to notice a trend here.
    Compare it to December.

Besides PPG isnt the best metric for the judging a d over a season.

Dec (14 games): 92.8ppg 44fg%

Maybe I should go to Nov?

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

So BTW if we lose tonight and no longer have the best record does it make these concerns more valid?

Whats our PER for each month just out of curiosity

A few weeks ago our PER was 92.6. Now its 94. So i know our D has been slipping even though our schedule is easier.
    Last edited by Mad-Mad-Mario; 02-10-2014 at 03:57 PM.

In Dec, the Pacers opponents shot 44%. In Jan, they shot 41.5%. In Jan, they shot 42.3%.

How is that "getting worse?"
    Misread because my ****** phone.

While the Pacers have had a few games where they struggled defensively (I think mainly because they were tired in a few games like home to the Suns) I think it is incorrect to suggest there is a trend of playing poorly defensive as of late. I see no objective evidence that is true.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    While the Pacers have had a few games where they struggled defensively (I think mainly because they were tired in a few games like home to the Suns) I think it is incorrect to suggest there is a trend of playing poorly defensive as of late. I see no objective evidence that is true.
    Our PER is going up against weaker competition is that not evidence? And i didnt say we were playing poorly. But we havent been playing like sn Elite defensive team lately. Hence our rising PER

Our PER is going up against weaker competition is that not evidence? And i didnt say we were playing poorly. But we havent been playing like sn Elite defensive team lately. Hence our rising PER
    I don't see a trend, I see a few games here or there where our defense wasn't as good as normal. But after the schedule calmed down a bit I see a defense right back to where it normally is. (Note: weaker competition doesn't always mean weaker offense)

So holding opponents to sub-43fg% isn't "elite?" Holding teams to under 94pts isn't "elite?"
    Last edited by Since86; 02-10-2014 at 04:31 PM.

Just an FYI for those superstitious out there. Of the 3 teams to win 64 games, none of them won a championship. Please Pacers if we are at 63 wins in the final game, tank. I want a championship, not to be another 64 win disappointment. :P

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I don't see a trend, I see a few games here or there where our defense wasn't as good as normal. But after the schedule calmed down a bit I see a defense right back to where it normally is. (Note: weaker competition doesn't always mean weaker offense)
    Well if the offenses arent weaker then our turnover issues are even more troubling. All im saying is over the last 8 or 9 games we havent looked elite. We gave up 100 points 5 straight games its not exactly a reach to say lately our D has been having troubles.

Well if the offenses arent weaker then our turnover issues are even more troubling. All im saying is over the last 8 or 9 games we havent looked elite. We gave up 100 points 5 straight games its not exactly a reach to say lately our D has been having troubles.
    What 5 would that be?

So holding opponents to sub-43fg% isn't "elite?" Holding teams to under 94pts isn't "elite?"
    Those arent good metrics to judge a team by. They dont take into account pace or failure to rebound. For example if you give up 2 offensive rebounds on a possesion. They go 1 for 3 shooting but the possesion was a failure for the defense.

I'm split on this. The whining is getting old but the showboating is w/e. Lance and PG makes this an exciting team. I'm glad we aren't like the spurs who have always been good but are just boring to watch. I don't get this feeling with the Pacers. I live in FL and i might the only Pacer fan here lol jk but even when I'm around some friends who are Heat fans they think PG is fun to watch.

I also think this is how PG has even gotten this good. He believes he is just as good as lebron and Kd. I'm not worried about PG's slump cause when its playoff time against Miami he will show up to play.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to LeRyan07 For This Useful Post:

J7F

What 5 would that be?
    ****** phone ugh. Ill respond tomorrow when i can use my comp. stupid phone is pissing me off. But feel free to check our PER recently. Pretty sure its been close to 100 alot lately.

What 5 would that be?
    ****** phone ugh. Ill respond tomorrow when i can use my comp. stupid phone is pissing me off. But feel free to check our PER recently. Pretty sure its been close to 100 alot lately.

PG is only 23, cut him some slack. Should he have passed the balll? Yeah. Was he fouled? Yeah. I'm just happy hes confident to take the shot, if he didn't think he would make it, he wouldn't have taken the shot. Lebron went through the same thing when he was younger. You guys need to chill, the sky isn't falling.

I do agree that PG and Lance's heads have gotten too big, and they need to be grounded some how. I hope Vogel brings down the hammer and brings these guys back to Earth, him or Bird. It won't matter if game 7 is in Indiana, when lebron and wade turn it on, these pacers as of right now, don't have the concentration and execution to take down the defending champs.

The only thing that might knock some sense in their heads is losing to Miami again in the ECF. They aren't mature enough yet to make it to the finals