Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pacers please stop the showboating and crying to the referees its getting old

Default Re: Pacers please stop the showboating and crying to the referees its getting old

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For the record, Pacers, you haven't done **** yet.
    this. i wish our guys realize it too.

Default Re: Pacers please stop the showboating and crying to the referees its getting old

Lmao we are in first place and this is what yall coming up with? Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Powww View Post
    Lmao we are in first place and this is what yall coming up with? Relax
    We were in first place in 2004. We got outteamed and outefforted in the playoffs so that record meant exactly 0 at the end of it all

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

I don't think anyone on here hates PG or wants to make him the "whipping boy." But it is a valid concern. If you spend all that effort on the refs you are losing your focus on the game itself.

Smash. Mouth. Does anyone remember it? I absolutely love the image this organization has crafted over the last couple years, and I think this kind of stuff does a lot to unravel it. I'm not even talking about the flashy plays because that does have purpose. But now it is pretty much a given that on any athletic play it will be capped off with either some chest-beating or whining to the refs - depending on the outcome. Don't get me wrong, because I'll still love 'em. I just want them to stay shiny and sparkly up on their pedestal in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    We were in first place in 2004. We got outteamed and outefforted in the playoffs so that record meant exactly 0 at the end of it all
    If regular season means nothing, hold you complaints until the playoffs start then.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    There's a necessary evil to having such a great player, and a great team overall. Pretty much every great player flops, whines to the officials, can attempt to hero ball an occasion or two, and celebrates their great plays.
    Just because it is the standard doesn't mean it has to be that way, or that it should be that way. It is the coaches job to complain to the refs. It is the players job to play through bad calls or no calls. So let Vogel do his job, and just play hard and try to win. The problem isn't that they complain as much as they would rather complain than get back on D.

Flops are unacceptable, always.

Celebrations are alright as long as it doesn't get in the way of getting back on defense, which happens sometimes with Paul.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    If regular season means nothing, hold you complaints until the playoffs start then.
    Poor logic. We need to eliminate these problems before the playoffs. Hence the complaints.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

Basketball enjoyable? DO YOU THINK THIS IS JUST SOME GAM- oh wait.
    Yea just a game when the players want to act like children but it is a huge business when they want that big payday. They want to consider themselves a corporation then. When you are a part of a billion dollar industry and you ask cities for arenas, bailouts or tax breaks its no longer just a game. Be professional act professional and get the job done. Blowing that game could cost you home court, home court could determine whether you win the whole thing. Hopefully it won't but it could. Be professional, take care of business and get the job done. If you don't relax and start fooling around you could bump that lead to 25, rest the starters for your back to back which we have been very average in and get your bench some real minutes to work on their conditioning and game. I like the flash once in awhile as much as the next guy but when it gets excessive there is no purpose to it. You may find this hard to believe but my favorite players on this team are Lance and Paul. I think they have unbelievable talent and upside if they keep their heads on straight. I say stop the nonsense now before it gets worse. Also I wonder how Hill and Watson felt on that last play when they both are wide open jumping up and down calling for the ball and their teammate ignores them and forces up a bad shot. What kind of confidence does that show in them.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to doctor-h For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Poor logic. We need to eliminate these problems before the playoffs. Hence the complaints.
    But doesn't the regular season record indicate just how serious, or how many times the problems result in a loss? When a team has the best record in the NBA, I've got to conclude that their problems aren't that big, in terms of relativity looking at the problems other teams are facing.

Effort is an extremely easy thing to fix.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    But doesn't the regular season record indicate just how serious, or how many times the problems result in a loss? When a team has the best record in the NBA, I've got to conclude that their problems aren't that big, in terms of relativity looking at the problems other teams are facing.

Effort is an extremely easy thing to fix.
    With our talent we should have more wins though. Where as teams like the Spurs, Thunder and Heat have had tons of injuries are right in there with us. This is a concern.

More wins than the best record in the league? Come on man.....

I swear, some of you would complain about going on a date with Jennifer Aniston, because she's not Kate Upton.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

I swear, some of you would complain about going on a date with Jennifer Aniston, because she's not Kate Upton.
    We have the best record by the what a single game. Thats nothing. And other teams are facing adversity. Weve had none other than our own problems we arent working to improve.

The Pacers are on pace to win 64 games this season, which would put them tied for 4th best record in NBA history, and we're going to complain that they need to win more.

Welcome to Pacers Digest.

EDIT: When having the best record in the NBA isn't enough, you should proabably start evaulating your expectations.

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

The Pacers are on pace to win 64 games this season, which would put them tied for 4th best record in NBA history.
    That's actually not even close to accurate. Closer to 20, not 4.

The Pacers are on pace to win 64 games this season, which would put them tied for 4th best record in NBA history, and we're going to complain that they need to win more.

Welcome to Pacers Digest.

EDIT: When having the best record in the NBA isn't enough, you should proabably start evaulating your expectations.
    Its all well and good we are on Pace for 64 wins. What happens if we hit a rough patch because of injury. We are going to wish we had built a cushion then.

Its all well and good we are on Pace for 64 wins. What happens if we hit a rough patch because of injury. We are going to wish we had built a cushion then.
    If they do, then your complaints at that particular time will have some merit. But right now, you're merely complaining about the best record in the NBA.

My source is NBA.com

http://www.nba.com/history/decade_singleseason.html
    Team Season Record
    Chicago 95-96 72-10
    Chicago 96-97 69-13
    Chicago 91-92 67-15
    Utah 96-97 64-18
    Seattle 95-96 64-18
    Seattle 93-94 63-19
    Portland 90-91 63-19
    L.A. Lakers 89-90 63-19
    San Antonio 94-95 62-20
    Phoenix 92-93 62-20
    Chicago 97-98 62-20
    Utah 97-98 62-20
    Thats just the 90s

My source is NBA.com

http://www.nba.com/history/decade_singleseason.html
    Team Season Record
    Chicago 95-96 72-10
    Chicago 96-97 69-13
    Chicago 91-92 67-15
    Utah 96-97 64-18
    Seattle 95-96 64-18
    Seattle 93-94 63-19
    Portland 90-91 63-19
    L.A. Lakers 89-90 63-19
    San Antonio 94-95 62-20
    Phoenix 92-93 62-20
    Chicago 97-98 62-20
    Utah 97-98 62-20

Looks like that's just from the 90's, regardless 64 wins would be better than the franchise record and 39-11 is pretty damn great, but there are areas of opportunity to improve on. But 11 loses and people are disappointed we have that many.... We are going to get the best of every team especially the ones we're suppose to beat. Just think back to when the pacers didn't have a chance at the powerhouses and the team yet played them the toughest and had wins over big time opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    That's actually not even close to accurate. Closer to 20, not 4.
    Found the list of all teams, not just 90s.

They'd be 17th with 64 wins (I excluded 49-11 Washington Capitols and 51-13 Syracuse Nationals)

That's like the 99th percentile of NBA teams, which I think still proves my overall point.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

The thing is these aren't actual problems.

How much a player celebrates after a big play is not going to determine whether or not we win the championship this year.

How many no look passes a player makes is not going to determine whether or not we win a championship this year.

How much a player talks to the refs is not going to determine whether or not we win the championship this year.

Wanna know how I know? Because we've seen plenty of champions do all of those things. This is petty, guys. Take your damn diapers off and enjoy the season.

If they do, then your complaints at that particular time will have some merit. But right now, you're merely complaining about the best record in the NBA.
    Which should be better. Just because we have the best record in the league doesnt mean the get a free pass. You have to bank wins when you can. Regardless if you have the best record in the league.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ThA HoyA View Post
    Looks like that's just from the 90's, regardless 64 wins would be better than the franchise record and 39-11 is pretty damn great, but there are areas of opportunity to improve on. But 11 loses and people are disappointed we have that many.... We are going to get the best of every team especially the ones we're suppose to beat. Just think back to when the pacers didn't have a chance at the powerhouses and the team yet played them the toughest and had wins over big time opponents.
    I think having the best record in the NBA shows you put forth a consistent effort when playing. Of course there is room for improvement, but when you have to completely dismiss their current record in order to argue a hypothetical, yeah......

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

The thing is these aren't actual problems.

How much a player celebrates after a big play is not going to determine whether or not we win the championship this year.

How many no look passes a player makes is not going to determine whether or not we win a championship this year.

How much a player talks to the refs is not going to determine whether or not we win the championship this year.

Wanna know how I know? Because we've seen plenty of champions do all of those things. This is petty, guys. Take your damn diapers off and enjoy the season.
    Actually those are the things that will cost us the championship. Turnovers on passes and lazy defense

I swear, some of you would complain about going on a date with Kate Upton because she's fully dressed for more than half the date.
    FTFY

Actually those are the things that will cost us the championship. Turnovers on passes and lazy defense
    Wait, are we still talking about the Pacers?

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gold For This Useful Post: