Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pacers please stop the showboating and crying to the referees its getting old

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers please stop the showboating and crying to the referees its getting old

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Again, not beating up Paul...but Paul has great players around him. LeBron only had Mo Williams to help him score.
    He still had some decent shooters...Mo Williams, Daniel Gibson, Anthony Parker, Delonte West, Damon Jones, Wally World....that's all George Hill is relegated to on that last play, a shooter.

Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar

Default Re: Pacers please stop the showboating and crying to the referees its getting old

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    He still had some decent shooters...Mo Williams, Daniel Gibson, Anthony Parker, Delonte West, Damon Jones, Wally World....that's all George Hill is relegated to on that last play, a shooter.
    I would take Lance, West and Hill over any of those players.
    LeWade are going down.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

I would take Lance, West and Hill over any of those players.
    In a game? Absolutely. Better talent? Yes. Better Players? Yes. For a corner three point shot? If it comes down to George Hill or one of those guys, I'm probably still picking Hill, but all of those guys were pretty good shooters in their own right.

I get what you're saying, but Paul is a superstar now...and all these Pacers are doing are taking after the Heat. No, it's not always pretty.
    Paul has had a very good first half of this year. That does not make you a superstar. I agree he can be and is an up and coming star. It seems everyone on here is talking about beating Miami. It will take alot more maturity than we display sometimes to get that done. I sometimes question whether we have enough maturity to do it. Even if you get past Miami it could get even tougher in the championship series. If the Thunder make it they are a tough matchup for us and in my opinion a better team than Miami. We have got to stop the nonsense to get it done. Careless turnovers, lack of concentration, poor perimeter defense could really cost us. I think we have the ability to win it all but it will take maturity, team play and more consistency from a few of our players. I think Bynum can improve that second unit and make it easier for Scola and Granger to play their games. Mahimi in not a threat offensively at all and does not require any attention. Bynum will and that will help, I hope.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to doctor-h For This Useful Post:

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

In a game? Absolutely. Better talent? Yes. Better Players? Yes. For a corner three point shot? If it comes down to George Hill or one of those guys, I'm probably still picking Hill, but all of those guys were pretty good shooters in their own right.
    Well...you might want to consider that LeBron James is still a lot better than Paul George.
    LeWade are going down.

You might also want to cut PG some slack given the fact LeBron's been in the league close to a decade. Give PG24 time. Yes, he has some things to learn.
    LeWade are going down.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

We didn't need a three.
    LeWade are going down.

Well...you might want to consider that LeBron James is still a lot better than Paul George.
    So he's not as good as the best player on the planet? Okay, that leaves him with the rest of the human population. If we want our "baby dragon" to be an NBA superstar, and if we want to truly beat the Heat, then we can't have him being tentative about taking the big shot and trying to take over the game. It works both ways. He hit a big 3 late to get us within 2, was anyone complaining about that contested shot when he hit it?

So he's not as good as the best player on the planet? Okay, that leaves him with the rest of the human population. If we want our "baby dragon" to be an NBA superstar, and if we want to truly beat the Heat, then we can't have him being tentative about taking the big shot and trying to take over the game. It works both ways. He hit a big 3 late to get us within 2, was anyone complaining about that contested shot when he hit it?
    I'm with you on PG being "the man". I'm not beating him up. But I do think he needs some constructive feedback from the coach.
    LeWade are going down.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

I'm with you on PG being "the man". I'm not beating him up. But I do think he needs some constructive feedback from the coach.
    It works both ways, that's all I'm saying. He just as easily passes it to Hill and it rims out, and the same people are saying, "Paul is our #1, why's he passing it?". It's a fine line, but I think either way if we don't score, he's going to take the brunt of it. It wasn't the cleanest of looks for Paul, but there was a lot of contact, and that easily could've been a foul. I don't fault the guy for taking the big shot when it matters, because it shows me he has the cajones to take it.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Oh, we're still finding petty things to cry about?

hmm.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gold For This Useful Post:

It works both ways, that's all I'm saying. He just as easily passes it to Hill and it rims out, and the same people are saying, "Paul is our #1, why's he passing it?". It's a fine line, but I think either way if we don't score, he's going to take the brunt of it. It wasn't the cleanest of looks for Paul, but there was a lot of contact, and that easily could've been a foul. I don't fault the guy for taking the big shot when it matters, because it shows me he has the cajones to take it.
    Understood. It's hard to fault him too much because he is the face of the franchise. I still think a more mature Paul George makes the pass in that situation. That's all I'm saying. I don't really expect a 23 year old player to play like a vet, so afaic he just needs feedback not a spanking.
    LeWade are going down.

Trade Paul!!!! He sucks!!! He's not a team first player!!! We don't need him!!! But on the serious side, I'm kinda shocked at how much hate PG is getting here. No he's not Melo, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Paul is a team player and infact made 7-8 very nice passes in the game I can remember right off the top of my head. The point is though, Paul has confidence he can hit any shot he wants. Just like KD, LeBron do, because while he isn't as good as LeBron or KD, of you consider anyone besides those two to be a superstar, then your damn right Paul is one as well. What the hell are we even mad at Paul for this game? 10-19 shooting 27 point 7 reb 3 assts. he played perfectly fine on offense. I agree he needs to quit complaining so much, but god damn some of you need to chill out here
    Paul George for 3!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    Paul George just might be the NBA's biggest blowhard. Why can't he be humble like Andrew Luck
    Hell, if they just acted like Roy, I'd be ecstatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    Paul George just might be the NBA's biggest blowhard. Why can't he be humble like Andrew Luck
    This is what I am talking about, chill out here man. Your mad because we lost, and now your trying to insult Paul after he played a pretty damn good game? Just walk away from the computer/phone and calm down a little
    Paul George for 3!

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

There's a necessary evil to having such a great player, and a great team overall. Pretty much every great player flops, whines to the officials, can attempt to hero ball an occasion or two, and celebrates their great plays.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Best record in the league, and Pacers fans are complaining about their 23 year old star who is full of potential.

Incredible. Never in a million years would I have guessed that PG would be the Digest whipping boy this season.

27. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Firstly, as far as complaining to the officials about calls, you are talking about every player or coach in every sport ever. Nothing special going on here. It's not going away, get used to it.

Second, in terms of complaining and getting in trouble on the court, Lance does need to watch himself. He's fourth in the league with eight techs; PG meanwhile is tied for 22nd with four. Our dear leader Coach Vogel is third for coaches with six. Do we complain a lot? Kind of. Is what we're doing weird? Not really.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Man some of you guys need to lighten up. They're young guys having a good time. God forbid someone enjoys themselves playing basketball.

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    Man some of you guys need to lighten up. They're young guys having a good time. God forbid someone enjoys themselves playing basketball.
    I agree. I think a lot of people here really underestimate how much a successful flashy behind the back pass can pump up the entire team.
    DG for 3

Mood

I don't mind the highlight plays when they work and when we're winning. Otherwise, just control the damn game and win it.

The excessive whining to the refs is getting very old, though, Paul George.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I don't mind the highlight plays when they work and when we're winning. Otherwise, just control the damn game and win it.

The excessive whining to the refs is getting very old, though, Paul George.
    Especially when the call is an obvious one. I can see guys getting upset when they don't get a call they should, but there is too much complaining on every call, even those that were correctly called.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    Oh, we're still finding petty things to cry about?

hmm.
    The only criticism I find newsworthy is the one LEGEND made mention of about a month ago. Turnovers.

Pacers rank 23rd in A/T ratio @ 1.4 per game. Love to see the BnG get that ratio up closer to 2:1.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/te...tTurnoverRatio

Tonite we had 19 Assists and 14 TO's. Eliminate the 4 in a row that cost us momentum and a 17 pt lead and its easily a 2:1 ratio. Bird stated Turnovers.

I believe no other stat exemplifies more accurately the point Legend had made.

* when the basketball is turned over it does not allow this team to get back and setup on DEFENSE. essentially were not only throwing the ball away but handing the other team 2 pts on a fastbreak transition layup.

A team like the Heat/OKC will pound us right into the offeseason giving away EASY buckets.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    Basketball enjoyable? DO YOU THINK THIS IS JUST SOME GAM- oh wait.