Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacers please stop the showboating and crying to the referees its getting old

Default Pacers please stop the showboating and crying to the referees its getting old

This is a very good team. Too good to do some of the things they are starting to do. Stop trying to make the highlight play. Paul stop posing after every good thing you do. Do you need the attention that bad. Also stop wining to the referees so much it is really getting old. Lance stop acting like you are dying every time you fall on the floor. Just play and take care of business you have way too much at stake to do these things. Paul we liked you because you seemed so humble and seemed to have it all together. Now I'm wondering when you made the comment about you being in the dunk contest to put superstardom back in the event it showed a different side of you. You have a way to go to become a superstar, earn it first.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to doctor-h For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Pacers please stop the showboating and crying to the referees its getting old

Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is a very good team. Too good to do some of the things they are starting to do. Stop trying to make the highlight play. Paul stop posing after every good thing you do. Do you need the attention that bad. Also stop wining to the referees so much it is really getting old. Lance stop acting like you are dying every time you fall on the floor. Just play and take care of business you have way too much at stake to do these things. Paul we liked you because you seemed so humble and seemed to have it all together. Now I'm wondering when you made the comment about you being in the dunk contest to put superstardom back in the event it showed a different side of you. You have a way to go to become a superstar, earn it first.
    I get what you're saying, but Paul is a superstar now...and all these Pacers are doing are taking after the Heat. No, it's not always pretty.

Default Re: Pacers please stop the showboating and crying to the referees its getting old

This does need to stop. Lance and George aren't Lebron and Wade. Whining to the officials doesn't help us like it helps the Heat

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

The 2 back to back behind the back passes (which failed) by Lance then Hill kind of irked me
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MillerTime For This Useful Post:

I think Lance & PG getting over themselves and handling their rising profiles more maturely would be a good thing. Not always an easy thing for up and coming young players.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Paul had to showboat after hitting that 3 late in the game. Hey man, you just gave up a 17 point lead and ended up choking against the worst team in the NBA. Pathetic.

Paul crying for the foul at the end of the game. Sitting on the court, pouting, refusing to be helped up by a Magic player

The flashy plays need to stop. It's about getting the win. Not being in Sportscenter Top 10

For the record, Pacers, you haven't done **** yet.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lord Helmet For This Useful Post:

Paul George needs to get is head out of his *** and become a team first player
    David "And One" West

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

This is a tad bit extreme but....

Are the Pacers becoming what we hate? The Heat?

Lance and Paul are our LeBron and Wade

Lance always going for Sportscenter plays, padding stats for triple doubles, being fined for flopping, Paul crying to the refs, calling them out on Twitter. Always looking for a call

It's pretty sickening but I don't think we've reached the Heat's level yet.

Anyway the major point here is that it has got to stop
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lord Helmet For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    This is a tad bit extreme but....

Are the Pacers becoming what we hate? The Heat?

Lance and Paul are our LeBron and Wade

Lance always going for Sportscenter plays, padding stats for triple doubles, being fined for flopping, Paul crying to the refs, calling them out on Twitter. Always looking for a call

It's pretty sickening but I don't think we've reached the Heat's level yet.

Anyway the major point here is that it has got to stop
    Yes we are becoming Miami. Paul George is becoming more and more unlikeable each game. He cries constantly to the referees, and wants so bad to be the MVP. Celebrates after every good play he makes.
    David "And One" West

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

PG needs to mature and understand this is a TEAM game. He can't do it all by himself, and Vogel and Bird need to explain this to him.

I never notice PG pounding his chest when he screws up. Hmmm

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    PG needs to mature and understand this is a TEAM game. He can't do it all by himself, and Vogel and Bird need to explain this to him.

I never notice PG pounding his chest when he screws up. Hmmm
    Paul George just might be the NBA's biggest blowhard. Why can't he be humble like Andrew Luck
    David "And One" West

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I didn't really notice PG whining a lot this game.
    @qandrews9428

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    Yes we are becoming Miami. Paul George is becoming more and more unlikeable each game. He cries constantly to the referees, and wants so bad to be the MVP. Celebrates after every good play he makes.
    I like the part about the Heat that includes winning and winning rings, but hate hate hate if our players become divas in the process

I feel like I'm being too hard on them, but we just lost to a team that is one of the worst, while having a 17 point lead, and also the team has a player on it named "Big Baby".

Paul thumping his chest after hitting a three late, after the fact that their ESPN play and sloppy play gave up a double digit lead, c'mon dude, no need for that ****.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    I like the part about the Heat that includes winning and winning rings, but hate hate hate if our players become divas in the process

I feel like I'm being too hard on them, but we just lost to a team that is one of the worst, while having a 17 point lead, and also the team has a player on it named "Big Baby".

Paul thumping his chest after hitting a three late, after the fact that their ESPN play and sloppy play gave up a double digit lead, c'mon dude, no need for that ****.
    You are not being too hard. The rest of this board has been soft on PG, the chosen one, for a long time
    David "And One" West

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    I didn't really notice PG whining a lot this game.
    I didn't see all of the game so maybe he didn't whine that much, but the whining he did after he was looking for a foul call, certainly made up for it. Sitting on the court at the end of the game like a baby refusing to be helped up

Also when Magic would get timeouts that were somewhat questionable at the end of the game, you'd have thought the refs wizzed in their cereal or something
    Super Bowl XLI Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    I am afraid this is accurate. I watched Reggie Miller in his younger days, and while he had his flaws too, this is more like Jermaine O'Neal level complaining.

The difference is that Reggie got under the opponent and their fan's skin. JO got under his own fan's skin with his complaints.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

We want and need Paul to be the guy if we're going to beat the Heat, and now people complain when he doesn't defer on the last shot? You can't have it both ways.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    We want and need Paul to be the guy if we're going to beat the Heat, and now people complain when he doesn't defer on the last shot? You can't have it both ways.
    Paul should take the last shot IF he is open for the shot. We are pissed off because there were open teammates PG should have passed the ball to
    David "And One" West

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    I am afraid this is accurate. I watched Reggie Miller in his younger days, and while he had his flaws too, this is more like Jermaine O'Neal level complaining.

The difference is that Reggie got under the opponent and their fan's skin. JO got under his own fan's skin with his complaints.
    It's like Paul is complaining just to complain. Like he "deserves" to get the superstar calls. He should just play the game and shut up
    David "And One" West

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

Everybody around here calls out Carmello for being a chucker and a bad teammate. Paul George is the closest thing the NBA has to Carmello. I don't get it either. His first two years, Paul was completely a team first player. Now that he is an all-star, he thinks he is too cool for school
    David "And One" West

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

LeBron took the same crap years ago, and when he passed to open teammates, they missed them. There was a lot of contact on that last shot, no question. I'm just saying, probably the same people would be saying, "Well Paul George needs to take over, he can't be deferring." Either way, he's going to be the goat.

It's a fine line. Rather than beating up Paul too much, I will just say he has to work on that. We don't want him to defer but there is a limit and he's crossing that line on a routine basis. Still, we want him to be "the man". He just needs some tweaks IMO, but they may be the tweaks necessary to get to the promise land...

37. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I like the showboating to some extent, tbh
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

39. The Following User Says Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:

LeBron took the same crap years ago, and when he passed to open teammates, they missed them. There was a lot of contact on that last shot, no question. I'm just saying, probably the same people would be saying, "Well Paul George needs to take over, he can't be deferring." Either way, he's going to be the goat.
    Again, not beating up Paul...but Paul has great players around him. LeBron only had Mo Williams to help him score.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    I like the showboating to some extent, tbh
    I want him supremely confident. I just want him a little smarter...but that's going to take more seasoning.