Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 209

Thread: Pacers Magic Post Game Thread

  1. #151
    Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Port Charlotte, Florida
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,270
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Magic Post Game Thread

    While watching the Magic climb back into the game, I felt like Frank went with the bench too long. Magic had just came from 17 down to OKC a few nights before, so they had the confidence that they could do it again. We should have halted that run way before we ultimately did.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mildlysane For This Useful Post:


  3. #152
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    4,237

    Default Re: Pacers Magic Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersForever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    George Hill should not be the primary ball handler, Lance should be. Enough said.
    Only if your goal is to make sports center highlights get turnovers and lose the game. Lance needs to handle the ball some but we need to reduce the amount of time that he does.

  4. #153
    Biggest Pacer Fan PacersForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    248

    Default Re: Pacers Magic Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    An odd conclusion to draw from last night seeing as how Lance was careless with the ball and turned it over 5 or 6 times. Meanwhile, George Hill had 7 assists and 1 turnover. Lance is more talented, but he's too careless with the ball.

    It's not about last night it's about the whole season. Turnovers have been an issue all season because ball movement has been an issue all season.

    George Hill is a SG. He knows how to move the ball in a SHOOTING GUARD role. Drive, Pump fake pass. Lance is looking to create as soon as he has the ball or can run a play for the other 4 guys.

    Lance has turnovers because he doesn't have a defined role as point guard meaning no real strategists or rhythm to this decisions and he is always placed to make a highlight WHEN THE OPPONENTS DEFENSE IS SET AND HE'S FORCED TO BREAK IT HIMSELF.


    Come on guys Lard Bird knows this. Frank doesn't.
    Last edited by PacersForever; 02-10-2014 at 11:06 AM.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersForever For This Useful Post:


  6. #154
    Biggest Pacer Fan PacersForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    248

    Default Re: Pacers Magic Post Game Thread

    I will refuse to watch our team who are the best in the NBA if George Hill is the primary point guard. It's a waste of offensive resources to our team.

  7. #155
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,986

    Default Re: Pacers Magic Post Game Thread

    Last time I checked (a few seconds ago) Pacers still have the best record in the NBA. After reading this thread, I was beginning to wonder. Sure we want them to play better all the time, but best record in the NBA is what we want and that is what we have. We have two home games before the break, if we win those two that will give us the best record in the NBA and would put us on pace to win 65 games. Not too bad.

    And if we want to see how many times the top 5 teams in the NBA have lost games they should not lose I will bet you the pacers have fewer than other elite teams. I only count three games we should not have lost. At Orlando, home to Suns and home to Pistons. The Heat has about 6 or 7 games they should not have lost. Spurs have lost 8 home games already. And the Thunder just lost in Orlando Friday night.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 02-10-2014 at 11:45 AM.

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  9. #156
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,743

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Magic Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersForever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not about last night it's about the whole season. Turnovers have been an issue all season because ball movement has been an issue all season.
    Lance: 2.8 TOs/game
    GHill: 1.2 TOs/game

    You were saying?
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  10. #157
    Biggest Pacer Fan PacersForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    248

    Default Re: Pacers Magic Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lance: 2.8 TOs/game
    GHill: 1.2 TOs/game

    You were saying?

    BALL MOVEMENT AND TURNOVERS ARE TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ELEMENTS TO AN OFFENCE.

    You were saying ?

  11. #158
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,743

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Magic Post Game Thread

    Oh, sorry. Here I thought you said "turnovers have been an issue all season" My bad.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  12. #159
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,477

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Magic Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersForever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BALL MOVEMENT AND TURNOVERS ARE TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ELEMENTS TO AN OFFENCE.

    You were saying ?
    Not when Lance is moving the ball to the other team.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  14. #160
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Magic Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is the type of game a more experienced team would have locked up. I just hope we don't have to play 4 games in Miami. That is all.

    You say that as if Miami hasn't lost a lot of close games to bad teams this year. I think 9 of their losses have come against teams under .500. They just lost to the Utah Jazz one night prior. OKC lost to this same Orlando Magic team on Friday. Orlando is playing well at home right now and every team loses a game to a bad team eventually. It's happened to every good team in the league this year at least once.

    Everybody take a deep breath, relax, and ease up on PG. He had a good game and shutdown Aaron Aflallo. The Pacers aren't within 1 point or have the opportunity to win the game without him. David West and George Hill missed several wide open shots in the fourth quarter but no one is piling the blame on them. It's one road loss... nothing more.
    Last edited by naptownmenace; 02-10-2014 at 11:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:


  16. #161
    Biggest Pacer Fan PacersForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    248

    Default Re: Pacers Magic Post Game Thread

    I don't want watch Hill try to force a pass to a tightly guarded player on the wing or post. It's 1 on 1 end ends up a lot of the time in a bad short or double team turnover.

    PREDICTABLE

    ASSES TEAM TURNOVERS NOT AN INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS.
    Last edited by PacersForever; 02-10-2014 at 11:47 AM.

  17. #162
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Pacers Magic Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Frank "We know teams are going to make runs". Good, glad to see you recognize this Frank, but would it hurt to call a timeout in a timely manner to try and change that run? The one thing I always appreciated about Carlisle is his feel for calling a timeout and at times I have to question Frank's ability.
    Yeah, I have mixed feelings on it, but ultimately when it's costing you games it's time to reevaluate a policy. He's trying to be like Phil Jackson and force his team to figure it out on the floor versus being conditioned to just let coach put bandaids on every run.

    I admire that to a point, but sometimes you've got to step in faster IMO.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  19. #163
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,143

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Magic Post Game Thread

    It's an 82 game season. You're going to lose some games you shouldn't. Especially in these "dog days" of the season. It's just too hard to maintain focus that long.

    Personally, I was just glad to see Paul George making some shots again.

  20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  21. #164
    The Mole ColeTheMole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    552

    Default Re: Pacers Magic Post Game Thread

    Lance Stephenson averages 2.8 turnovers per game, tied for 24th in the league.

    He averages 55 touches per game, at 84th in the league.

    EVERY SINGLE PLAYER ABOVE HIM in turnovers per game (except one, Tony Wroten) is higher than him in touches per game by a wide margin. In simple terms, he turns the ball over more times per touch than almost anyone in the league. He is not ready to assume primary ball handling responsibility yet, plain and simple.
    DG for 3

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ColeTheMole For This Useful Post:


  23. #165
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,743

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Magic Post Game Thread

    Okay, Lance should be the primary ball handler, because turnovers are a problem. Lance averages twice as many turnovers as GHill, therefore Lance having the ball more would help reduce turnovers and promote better ball movement.

    Sounds like a position I can get behind.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  25. #166
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Magic Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersForever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will refuse to watch our team who are the best in the NBA if George Hill is the primary point guard. It's a waste of offensive resources to our team.
    The same George Hill who just 2 nights prior had the best statistical night a Pacers player has had since probably the Jalen Rose/Reggie Miller years? Man, living with short-term memory loss must be terrible. I'm glad I don't have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:


  27. #167
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Pacers Magic Post Game Thread



    Also just as a general statement in regards to some of what was said last night on this thread:

    If you're about to say something that's personal rather than something that has to do specifically with the game or the people involved with the game (players, coaches, refs, whatever), you're probably about to say something you ought to not be saying here, because usually whenever you make it about the poster instead of what the poster said, it just stirs up attitudes and/or tempers and detracts from the point of the thread, so can we please either just stick to the topic or otherwise ignore what would make you want to say something about the poster? Please? Thank you.



  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  29. #168
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Pacers Magic Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's an 82 game season. You're going to lose some games you shouldn't. Especially in these "dog days" of the season. It's just too hard to maintain focus that long.

    Personally, I was just glad to see Paul George making some shots again.
    Yeah, for the most part I was pretty encouraged by Paul's game, but that last play just soured me. Foul or no foul, right or wrong, reality is he shouldn't expect a call there, so we're left with his decision to go one on three in a scramble rather than making a smarter decision, and that just... ugh. I don't care for it, I'll put it that way.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  31. #169
    Biggest Pacer Fan PacersForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    248

    Default Re: Pacers Magic Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ColeTheMole View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lance Stephenson averages 2.8 turnovers per game, tied for 24th in the league.

    He averages 55 touches per game, at 84th in the league.

    EVERY SINGLE PLAYER ABOVE HIM in turnovers per game (except one, Tony Wroten) is higher than him in touches per game by a wide margin. In simple terms, he turns the ball over more times per touch than almost anyone in the league. He is not ready to assume primary ball handling responsibility yet, plain and simple.


    This is a statistic, but please tell me why do you think this happens ?


    Is it because Lance makes poor decisions because he is a poor decision maker ?
    Is it because Lance makes poor decisions because he is not the primary ball handler ?
    Is it because Lance makes poor decisions because he is not the primary ball handler therefor can't make play calls ?
    Is it because Lance makes poor decisions because he is not the primary ball handler therefor can't make play calls and is forced to create himself ?
    Is it because Lance makes poor decisions because he is not the primary ball handler therefor can't make play calls and is forced to create himself in an stagnate offence ?
    Is it because Lance makes poor decisions because he is not the primary ball handler therefor can't make play calls and is forced to create himself in an stagnate offence with a coach doesn't believe in his play-making and PG role ability?
    Is it because Lance makes poor decisions because he is not the primary ball handler therefor can't make play calls and is forced to create himself in an stagnate offence with a coach doesn't believe in his play-making and PG role ability but LARRY BIRD DOES and recently said in an interview he believes Lance is a point guard?




    Nonetheless the only question is, can we win a championship with our current ball movement ? Which I think is 50/50.
    Last edited by PacersForever; 02-10-2014 at 12:07 PM.

  32. #170
    Biggest Pacer Fan PacersForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    248

    Default Re: Pacers Magic Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The same George Hill who just 2 nights prior had the best statistical night a Pacers player has had since probably the Jalen Rose/Reggie Miller years? Man, living with short-term memory loss must be terrible. I'm glad I don't have it.

    Yes it must be terrible that the best team in the NBA will play against an NBA team on any giving night facing the same offence challenges that it faced the game before but your short-term memory prevented you from remembering.

  33. #171

    Default Re: Pacers Magic Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersForever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    . . . Nonetheless the only question is, can we win a championship with our current ball movement ?
    Yes.

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:


  35. #172
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,477

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Magic Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersForever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is a statistic, but please tell me why do you think this happens ?


    Is it because Lance makes poor decisions because he is a poor decision maker ? Right now, yes. His turnovers are usually the result of poor decision making.
    Nonetheless the only question is, can we win a championship with our current ball movement ? Yes, and we will.
    My answers in bold.

  36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  37. #173
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,143

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Magic Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, for the most part I was pretty encouraged by Paul's game, but that last play just soured me.
    It wasn't a good play. I think there is plenty of truth to the theory that he gets caught up in playing hero ball.

    But it isn't like he hasn't shown that he is capable of succeeding with that style of play. We got to overtime in Sacramento, and nearly pulled off the win in regulation last night with it. I'm all for moving the ball, and playing the normal offense, but there are times where you need a guy who can just go up and get his own. Paul can, and has done that. Mainly, I just like that he's willing to take those kind of shots.

  38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  39. #174
    Biggest Pacer Fan PacersForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    248

    Default Re: Pacers Magic Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My answers in bold.
    I will hold you to that prediction.

  40. #175
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,477

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Magic Post Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersForever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will hold you to that prediction.
    Fine by me. I've made it many other places.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •