Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Pacers Magic Post Game Thread

Default Re: Pacers Magic Post Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not even considering his other shots. He's not converting. He's getting open looks, but he's shooting under 50% from right in front of the hoop. That's a poor percentage no matter who you are.
    If he's getting fouled and hitting his free throws better then any other wing then that doesn't count into his fg% but it's still being effective when he drives. I wish he would do it more since his shots aren't falling. Danny could put up 8-10 ppg just in foul shots if he focused on this.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    If he's getting fouled and hitting his free throws better then any other wing then that doesn't count into his fg% but it's still being effective when he drives. I wish he would do it more since his shots aren't falling. Danny could put up 8-10 ppg just in foul shots if he focused on this.
    If Danny could put up 8-10 ppg in foul shots he would be leading the league in free throws made per game. That's unrealistic for his playing time, even if he was playing as well as he ever has.

But that's not what we're even talking about. He's making 95% of his FTs, but he's only shooting 2 per game. That's 1 trip per game, and he's fouled on jumpers nearly as often as he is driving to the hoop. I will agree he gets good opportunities, but 1 extra trip per game to the foul line doesn't mean that his drives are incredibly effective. I will agree he typically gets good looks, but he doesn't finish.

If you listen, basically every time Danny scores on a layup Quinn says, "It's nice to see Danny with that burst again." It doesn't happen that often.
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

3. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    No kidding. That last play, going 1 on 3 on a scramble break where you could easily move the ball... I wanted to vomit. I really, really hated his decision.
    Seriously......when I saw that play....I was like.....WTF was Vucevic doing?

Vucevic LITERALLY bounced the ball off the floor like he was doing some trick shot and the ball pretty much went straight into the air waiting for ANYONE to get the ball.

I was like Holy FRAK.
    Last edited by CableKC; 02-10-2014 at 02:34 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I can only pray they learn from this. They should feel embarrassed.

Unacceptable!
    it's not like this is the first time they've stunk up the court.
    It's getting to be pretty common really. most of the games for the last few weeks have featured long stretches where our great athletes look average at best.

I didn't "get" to see this one but I'd wager to say that there were lots of dumb assed jump shots, sloppy turnovers and not nearly enough post play, simple passes and early ball movement. I'm guessing Roy should have got more touches, Somebody dribbled out the clock while others mostly stood waiting at their spot.
    Am I right?

These guys don't know who they are I'm sorry to say. They think "we're a good team so let's chuck some up and look good on Sportscenter.
    They WISHED that they were the eighty's Lakers sometimes and forget that they ain't **** without CONSISTENT 48 min. in your face grind it out effort.

There aren't many bigger P fans than me but LOL at ya'll who want to block guys who make obviously correct criticisms. Noticing when we SUCK doesn't make some one obnoxious.

In fact I like to see different opinions and generally learn more from those who disagree with me than other fan boys.

So I'm not gonna block Hicks. hahaha... or Mad whatever. Never used that feature yet. i can easily just skip over some of it when it gets too off base.

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    Please no whining about the refs. Please?

Quit telling people what to think and do.

Thanks.

This loss made my birthday even worse than it already was.

I'm just gonna blame it on Scola.

And maybe Stephenson... put the ball back in our point guard's hands. Stephenson has become far more selfish with the ball in his hands and is constantly playing for triple doubles. His triple doubles are cute but he's playing for them specifically. Lebron could have many more if he wanted them.

up 17, going on 20, Hill turns it over with a weird behind the back pass, then Lance pips in with 3 turnovers in a row and not playing one second of defense but instead ballhawking a rebound (of a shot of the guy he as supposed to defend) to push up his stats, and all of a sudden Orl has the ball to take it down to 9 so yeah Lance was pulled.
    But no, PG lost the game going for a score (as our leading scorer) because he did not take a TO with 6.9 seconds left and driving to the hoop, as if a TO would have "solved" the 3 Orl players in the paint, (no there would've been 5 after a TO) or to get a better shot (or not being able to bring it in like Orl and not having any TO's left to save it) or no it wasn't on;y PG he had help from DG who only shot 2-8 (but played defense very well) and of the 6 misses 3 were in and out again, dunno what you can do about those shots, even Quin sad he was very unlucky to see that happen.
    We forget that Lance and Hill both remain incapable of making an entry pass to Roy, hence his 4FGA, ignore DG constantly as well and yes it now is DG's low percentage for the season (which includes all his games since his return) no really ? that percentage is low? I can say that if we are down to 5 seconds and i want a shot made, i still have DG in the top 3 of people i want to take it on our team.

The momentum was ours and Lance threw it away, once the got to under 10 we were toast and PG brought us back, despite another cute turnover from Lance and you all complain about him taking the last shot? no TO would have given that shot to anyone else on our team.
    Bad loss ? yes, but we've been flirting with it for some time now.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to able For This Useful Post:

This game highlighted the two of the biggest concerns come playoff time.

Long scoring droughts associated with turnovers.

Trouble closing one possesion games.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Maybe Vogel should think about giving Butler and Cope some PT over DG and Scola. It probably wouldn't improve much, but being benched can only help to motivate two proud vets like Danny and Luis.

As of right now though, neither one can knock down ANYTHING and it's starting to be a consistent theme for both
    If Bynum can move well enough on defense to erase some of Copelands shortcomings on that end of the floor then playing those two together could work out really well. Copeland can certainly stretch the defense and Bynum should eat up second string post defenders on the block.

Ultimately though Scola getting his **** together will do more for this team come playoff time.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Downtown Bang! For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Seriously......when I saw that play....I was like.....WTF was Vucevic doing?

Vucevic LITERALLY bounced the ball off the floor like he was doing some trick shot and the ball pretty much went straight into the air waiting for ANYONE to get the ball.

I was like Holy FRAK.
    They had no timeouts and he was running out of time so he tried to bounce it off Carpe or Diem and they were too quick for him.......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Haven't felt a loss this bad since the Eden Hall Academy Warriors JV Hockey team blew a huge lead in the 3rd period of their first game of the season.
    PACE YOURSELF

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    No offense, but no. This is a bad idea.
    I don't mean bench them for the rest of the season. Just bench them for a few games, much like Vogel did with D.J Augustin (and Green for that matter) last season. Show them that they need to produce if they want to play. That's all.

At the end of the day, if we are going to want to depend on our bench the production is going to have to improve from Danny and Scola.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

That was actually very painful
    "We want Miami"

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coopdog23 For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

I was dumbfoundedly mesmerized.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Frank "We know teams are going to make runs". Good, glad to see you recognize this Frank, but would it hurt to call a timeout in a timely manner to try and change that run? The one thing I always appreciated about Carlisle is his feel for calling a timeout and at times I have to question Frank's ability.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

22. The Following User Says Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Frank "We know teams are going to make runs". Good, glad to see you recognize this Frank, but would it hurt to call a timeout in a timely manner to try and change that run? The one thing I always appreciated about Carlisle is his feel for calling a timeout and at times I have to question Frank's ability.
    I really miss Carlisle. I am still annoyed he got scapegoated out of here

Paul George should be benched until he learns to pass. Sick of Paulhog
    David "And One" West

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    I really miss Carlisle. I am still annoyed he got scapegoated out of here
    I just call it, Larry done his friend a favor.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    Paul George should be benched until he learns to pass. Sick of Paulhog
    I'm sick of the word "Paulhog" .

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    I just call it, Larry done his friend a favor.
    True, he did go on to a better situation. But the drop off from him to O'Brien was just so PAINFUL

I don't understand the obsession with the last play of the game. It never should have come down to that. Up 17 against a 15-37 team. Sorry, that is 110% on the players playing late 3rd and early 4th qtr. They let down. They didn't respect their opponent. They thought Orlando would just lay down. Well, they didn't lay down against OKC. Utah didn't lay down against Miami. These other guys are NBA players. They are good. They want to keep their jobs. I was very worried when the lead went down to 10 at the end of the 3rd after the Pacers dominated most of the quarter. We can only hope that they learned a very painful lesson from this experience.

Quote Originally Posted by greyhound80 View Post
    I don't understand the obsession with the last play of the game. It never should have come down to that. Up 17 against a 15-37 team. Sorry, that is 110% on the players playing late 3rd and early 4th qtr. They let down. They didn't respect their opponent. They thought Orlando would just lay down. Well, they didn't lay down against OKC. Utah didn't lay down against Miami. These other guys are NBA players. They are good. They want to keep their jobs. I was very worried when the lead went down to 10 at the end of the 3rd after the Pacers dominated most of the quarter. We can only hope that they learned a very painful lesson from this experience.
    I think the obsession is just because it seems like a microcosm of the problems we are dealing with as a team. Selfish and/or superstar style basketball causing us to take bad shots or turn it over. Plus the fact that we had the final shot to win it, when just a few secs earlier we thought we would be needing a 3 to try and force OT, so it was gift wrapped for us and we threw it in the trash with a bad shot.

Biggest Pacer Fan PacersForever's Avatar

George Hill should not be the primary ball handler, Lance should be. Enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersForever View Post
    George Hill should not be the primary ball handler, Lance should be. Enough said.
    An odd conclusion to draw from last night seeing as how Lance was careless with the ball and turned it over 5 or 6 times. Meanwhile, George Hill had 7 assists and 1 turnover. Lance is more talented, but he's too careless with the ball.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    That's just not true. He has clanked an absolute ton of balls off of the rim after taking it to the rack.
    I have to agree with Sollozzo here. Matter of fact, Buckner stated during one game last week (I believe it was one of the Pheonix games) that Granger usually doesn't finish around the rim. And this was one of the main reasons, when we had the Danny vs. Lance starting debate before the season, that I wanted Lance. With Danny, we would resort to mostly jump-shooting.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to pogi For This Useful Post: