Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacers Magic Post Game Thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers Magic Post Game Thread

I will say this for Mad-Mad-Mario: He does live up to his username. Angry fella. Settle down?

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

This was at least fun before we drank the Sochi kool aid in the fourth quarter.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Gill View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It wasn't a ridiculous game situation. Pacers had a 4 on 3 fastbreak with 2 WIDE OPEN SHOOTERS. Frank Vogel was justified in assuming his team of professional basketball players didn't need to be coached on what to do there.
    It was ridiculous though. We nearly force a jump ball, but apparently a time out was called, then we force another time out to be called because Orlando couldn't pass it in, then they pass it in between David West's legs, ball bounces high and we come up with it. Then we run down the court and PG takes a bad shot missing open shooters. You could tell as soon as PG got to half court he was attacking the basket and taking a shot. He never even saw Hill or Stephenson. Because as soon as he got the ball he went into "I NEED TO SCORE NOW" mode. It was a chaotic series of events that lead to the Pacers getting the ball. You don't want chaos on your last possession. Thats why Vogel should have called time out.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    The more recent one is more important and useful. Seeing as how its the one after the grind of the season has set in. Scola is never going to get a First 30 games of the year again this season. The season is going to keep grinding on him.
    Because no one in NBA history has ever had a mid-season swoon. They are at their peaks at the beginning of the year, then they progressively get worse as the season goes on, without fail. I don't know why I'm engaging in this.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We flat out didn't deserve to win this game.

Lately when we get up we use that as an excuse to get cute and try to do highlight stuff. Doing this crap bites us in the butt.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Because no one in NBA history has ever had a mid-season swoon. They are at their peaks at the beginning of the year, then they progressively get worse as the season goes on, without fail. I don't know why I'm engaging in this.
    20 games is more than a slump, and is something to be concerned about. Especially from a guy who is going to be 34 come playoff time

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    This was at least fun before we drank the Sochi kool aid in the fourth quarter.

Afflalo's face is priceless.
    @qandrews9428

11. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    The more recent one is more important and useful. Seeing as how its the one after the grind of the season has set in. Scola is never going to get a First 30 games of the year again this season. The season is going to keep grinding on him.
    Do you know what stretch is more useful than everything else, my friend? The playoff one. That's when the one stretch that matters above everything else.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    It was ridiculous though. We nearly force a jump ball, but apparently a time out was called, then we force another time out to be called because Orlando couldn't pass it in, then they pass it in between David West's legs, ball bounces high and we come up with it. Then we run down the court and PG takes a bad shot missing open shooters. You could tell as soon as PG got to half court he was attacking the basket and taking a shot. He never even saw Hill or Stephenson. Because as soon as he got the ball he went into "I NEED TO SCORE NOW" mode. It was a chaotic series of events that lead to the Pacers getting the ball. You don't want chaos on your last possession. Thats why Vogel should have called time out.
    This, unless PG was unimpeded to the basket he should have called timeout. We have five guys who can score on the floor. Run a play to get somebody 1 on 1

This is the type of game a more experienced team would have locked up. I just hope we don't have to play 4 games in Miami. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    My point is that there was no reason for that sequence to be chaotic. It was a pretty simple, turnover off an inbounds play leading to a 4 on 3. Frank Vogel isn't the head coach of a bunch of delicate 7th graders - he coaches a group of professionals who fancy themselves championship contenders.

Let's assume we had no TOs remaining. Championship players do not panic and play hero ball.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eddie Gill For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Do you know what stretch is more useful than everything else, my friend? The playoff one. That's when the one stretch that matters above everything else.
    You seem to be assuming he will be playing better by then?

If not we are in big trouble. Our weak back up bigs is the #1 weakness that Miami exploited.

If Bird wasn't concerned with how poor Scola and Mahinmi have looked we never would have signed Bynum. Bird is concerned so maybe we should be too. In Bird I trust.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This is the type of game a more experienced team would have locked up. I just hope we don't have to play 4 games in Miami. That is all.
    Way not to capitalize on yesterday's gift from Utah. Losing against Orlando makes it even worse.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    Way not to capitalize on yesterday's gift from Utah. Losing against Orlando makes it even worse.
    Yep. The Heat were actually off in that game and tried to come back but didn't make it. It was not the same type of game. We just let this game get away from us. If this team wants to come out of the east, it really needs to be more careful than the Heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    Now we know how the Heat fans must have felt. Earlier in the year everytime we lost, they lost.

Sports Logo

I feel that a lot of us are pissed off about the game at this point and that's why emotions are running high. It's best to avoid infighting at times like these. People say stuff that they don't mean when they're angry.

So, let's just sit back and relax. We have a game tomorrow as well and I need some sleep in order to catch it
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Was gonna post about the game...till I read the contents of this thread.

All I'll say is We just lost our 11th game of the season..there are improvements to be made...but let's not go cray cray.

Ps. Somebody get Mr.Mario a mushroom

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Was gonna post about the game...till I read the contents of this thread.

All I'll say is We just lost our 11th game of the season..there are improvements to be made...but let's not go cray cray.

Ps. Somebody get Mr.Mario a mushroom
    You can insult and ridicule me all you want. But Scola and Mahinmi are playing like ***. Bird and Walsh agree with me or else they wouldn't have given Bynum a million dollars.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    I don't know if thats fair to say, because this team has won its fair share of games like this.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Flop of the year.
    It's not Easter yet.
    Mafia own the Magic.
    What was the points in Vegas.
    Paul sure can shoot a wad in Miami.
    Adam Silver is the true Pacer Hater all these years.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Gill View Post
    My point is that there was no reason for that sequence to be chaotic. It was a pretty simple, turnover off an inbounds play leading to a 4 on 3. Frank Vogel isn't the head coach of a bunch of delicate 7th graders - he coaches a group of professionals who fancy themselves championship contenders.

Let's assume we had no TOs remaining. Championship players do not panic and play hero ball.
    Yes, of course PG could have played it better. But we did have a TO. And it was a mistake not to use it. A turnover is always a chaotic event. A one point game is a pressure situation. A ball was literally just passed between the legs of David West on an in bounds pass. This has little to do with who was playing. I want a TO called if LBJ has the ball there even.

While PG needs to be better than to go hero ball (but its understandable that he did since he just carried us back into the game), it could have been prevented tonight had Frank called time out.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    I feel that a lot of us are pissed off about the game at this point and that's why emotions are running high. It's best to avoid infighting at times like these. People say stuff that they don't mean when they're angry.

So, let's just sit back and relax. We have a game tomorrow as well and I need some sleep in order to catch it

Turnovers are going to cost this team HCA. We need to cherish the basketball and take care of it like its the Larry O'Brien trophy.

I only know of two times Bird publicly reprimanded this team. Once in the playoffs when we were "s o f t" and the other regarding turnovers. Hope this team learns quick before we end up in south beach for game 7.

Were giving the Heat every reason to begin playing with effort.

Excellent game by PG...until the last 90 seconds or so when hero ball won out over simply getting the best open look available. And that PG conclusion is representative of our TEAM for most of he second half. They got back in cause we got lazy and stopped playing team ball.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

33. The Following User Says Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    Turnovers are going to cost this team HCA. We need to cherish the basketball and take care of it like its the Larry O'Brien trophy.

I only know of two times Bird publicly reprimanded this team. Once in the playoffs when we were "s o f t" and the other regarding turnovers. Hope this team learns quick before we end up in south beach for game 7.

Were giving the Heat every reason to begin playing with effort.

We are never going to be a great team with Turnovers. But that doesn't mean we can't cut them down. Mostly on the stupid oop attempts and just the general lets play superstar attitude that runs through the team sometime.

This was one of those losses where you are so mad you just sit and clench your jaw, giving the stare of Medusa at the television.

Myself and several other posters made the comment when they cut our lead from 17 to the 13-11 range "Don't take these guys lightly. They don't give up!"

Sure enough. We make enough dumb, cute passes that lead to turnovers, and their young guns get a bit of momentum and BOOM! 17 point lead turns to 7 point deficit.

Disgusting effort and composure during that 3rd/4th quarter stretch. Then yes, PG hit a couple big shots to get us back into the game despite trailing by 5 with under a minute to go.

And you can all say what you want about the whole "We didn't deserve to win this game" ******** (my stance on this mindset is well documented), but tonight both the Pacers and the officials pulled the proverbial trigger together on the pistol to our foreheads. Coach Vogel allowing the momentum to CRUSH us for an extended time before calling timeout!? Davis somehow forcing a jump ball on West?! West NOT getting the jumpball on that "timeout" by Afflalo/Vaughn?!?! And who can forget Paul George getting no call on a triple-teamed hack at the buzzer when he also had several WIDE open teammates?!

Simply awful decision making. Simply shameful officiating late in the game. Simply inexcusable loss.

But, at least we had a few cute turnovers that would have been REALLY nice highlights!

36. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post: