Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So what did you guys think of Marcus Smart shoving a fan in the stands?

Mood

Default Re: So what did you guys think of Marcus Smart shoving a fan in the stands?

Well, I believe words actually do hurt, but that's a discussion I'm not prepared to dive into. But let's not ignore psychology here.

Default Re: So what did you guys think of Marcus Smart shoving a fan in the stands?

I found Durant's response surprisingly honest. I expected him to go the PC route but he does have a point its easy to say on the outside that you wouldn't react that way until it happens. Actions speak louder than words here I think deep down a lot of athletes would've reacted the way Smart would've most won't admit it though.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I found Durant's response surprisingly honest. I expected him to go the PC route but he does have a point its easy to say on the outside that you wouldn't react that way until it happens. Actions speak louder than words here I think deep down a lot of athletes would've reacted the way Smart would've most won't admit it though.
    I honestly doubt it. I'm sure Durant, or any other racial minority making a living playing professional sports, has heard every name in the book.

Marcus is just lucky his shove wasn't hard enough for the guy to fall. He really would have been in a world of hurt then. Athletes responding this way to verbal insults from fans is going to encourage more dumbasses to shout stupid things.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, I believe words actually do hurt, but that's a discussion I'm not prepared to dive into. But let's not ignore psychology here.
    An emotional hurt sure, but it's not like it's a punch where you have to defend yourself from getting phsyically hurt even more. They guy said it, he's a moron, just let it go and walk away. I don't think confronting ignorance, in that setting, is going to do anything to fix the problem. You're just giving them the exact reaction they're looking for, which I would think would embolden them to do it again.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It is just my opinion, but i believe he said more than calling him a piece of crap. This guy has a long history of taunting opposing players so I'm sure it was not the first thing he had said during the game. Does that give Smart justification for doing what he did? No, for i tell my students if you respond to words with physical action you will get punished. In the case of kids I would punish the instigator as well and tell them they need to lean to watch their mouth or it can get them hurt. The jerk deserved to be shoved and should be thankful he didn't get the Jax treatment.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SycamoreKen For This Useful Post: