Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 47 of 47

Thread: Will Danny Get a Banner?

  1. #26
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,252

    Default Re: Will Danny Get a Banner?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Too early to say that about PG.

    It is extremely unlikely Granger will. He would need to be re-signed, and then play the Pippen role for several seasons while making serious runs at a title in order to have a serious consideration.
    Granger's not going to be a critical player for this team going forward. In any case, I watched Scottie Pippen. Even a healthy Danny Granger is no Scottie Pippen. If healthy, he's probably the 4th best player on this team. This team just has better players than the time Granger had the opportunity to be the #1 option.

  2. #27

    Default Re: Will Danny Get a Banner?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Granger's not going to be a critical player for this team going forward. In any case, I watched Scottie Pippen. Danny Granger is no Scottie Pippen. If healthy, he's probably the 4th best player on this team. This team just has better players than the time Granger had the opportunity to be the #1 option.
    You really gotta read posts more carefully

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:


  4. #28
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,252

    Default Re: Will Danny Get a Banner?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You really gotta read posts more carefully
    A Pippen role is the #2 option on a team. That's not going to ever happen unless we take a large step back and that means no contention.

    Danny isn't as important to this team as Paul or Hibbert. Paul is light years better. Losing Hibbert means you don't contend. Losing Granger is that you upgrade that position with Lance Stephenson.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  6. #29

    Default Re: Will Danny Get a Banner?

    Jermaine O'neal gets a banner before Granger...
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  7. #30
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,861

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Will Danny Get a Banner?

    Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jermaine O'neal gets a banner before Granger...
    not if we win the title this year.

    Rings matter. Especially when it would be the first NBA Championship for the Pacers. Players will be recalled on a bit differently if they have that title to their names.

    Only way I see DG getting his number retired is if we end up keeping him this year and we win a title or two with him. He would probably end up number 2 in scoring as well.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  9. #31
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,252

    Default Re: Will Danny Get a Banner?

    If we win a couple titles he will need to be averaging 15ppg to make it by the skin of his teeth. Even then I would be surprised but it could happen.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  11. #32
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,824
    Mood

    Default Re: Will Danny Get a Banner?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we win a couple titles he will need to be averaging 15ppg to make it by the skin of his teeth. Even then I would be surprised but it could happen.
    I would be surprised as well, cause I don't see him here to win a couple titles.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  12. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,744

    Default Re: Will Danny Get a Banner?

    I will say no to the jersey hanging in the rafters.

    A couple years ago, there were some posters who were saying Granger was that team's Batman. My argument was that he might make a good Robin, but was in no way comparable to Batman. That role would have to go to another player, whom as of yet was not on that team.

    Folks, you might hang Batman's cape from the rafters, but you do not hang Robin's cape from the rafters.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:


  14. #34
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,824
    Mood

    Default Re: Will Danny Get a Banner?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will say no to the jersey hanging in the rafters.

    A couple years ago, there were some posters who were saying Granger was that team's Batman. My argument was that he might make a good Robin, but was in no way comparable to Batman. That role would have to go to another player, whom as of yet was not on that team.

    Folks, you might hang Batman's cape from the rafters, but you do not hang Robin's cape from the rafters.
    Depends on the Robin.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:


  16. #35
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,142
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Will Danny Get a Banner?

    Well the Pacers are VERY stingy when it comes to retiring numbers, Reggie is the only NBA guy so far...JO may have been if it weren't for the stain those teams left on the franchise, Granger needed about another 3 seasons or so at the rate he was going before the injuries to be considered. The only way I see it happening is if the team loses Lance at the end of the season, Granger goes back to his starter role and can score a solid 15-20 ppg, and the Pacers win a title or two. The odds of that happening are pretty zilch, there's a better chance he's traded before the deadline.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  17. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,046

    Default Re: Will Danny Get a Banner?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Granger's not going to be a critical player for this team going forward. In any case, I watched Scottie Pippen. Even a healthy Danny Granger is no Scottie Pippen. If healthy, he's probably the 4th best player on this team. This team just has better players than the time Granger had the opportunity to be the #1 option.
    We understand, you can't let any chance to dog on Granger go. I was simply saying what would need to happen for his number to be retired, nothing more.

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  19. #37
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,267

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Will Danny Get a Banner?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We understand, you can't let any chance to dog on Granger go. I was simply saying what would need to happen for his number to be retired, nothing more.
    Haters gon hate.

  20. #38
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,252

    Default Re: Will Danny Get a Banner?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Depends on the Robin.
    I thought Tom made a pretty good point, but this is true as there is always an exception. Pippen's jersey indeed hangs in Chicago. Considering he's a top 50 player of all-time with half a dozen rings, that is appropriate.

    BTW, Pippen did not play on sub .500 teams for most of his career. He played on perhaps the best team of all-time as their #2 option.
    Last edited by BlueNGold; 02-09-2014 at 08:39 PM.

  21. #39

    Thumbs down Re: Will Danny Get a Banner?

    In my opinion he doesn't even come close. He is contributing less and less this year and was just a decent player on a very bad team. He is a one time all star and you shouldn't have your number retired when that is all you've done.

  22. #40
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Will Danny Get a Banner?

    Start a ring of honor for 33, 45, 7, and 10.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  23. #41

    Default Re: Will Danny Get a Banner?

    Were he to hang around after this year and continue to contribute, eventually ending his career as the franchise second leading scorer, then maybe. How much getting a NBA title would matter is kindof hard to measure because the Pacers haven't had titles since Richard Nixon was in office. ATM you can't really say he's been better than Smits or O'Neal but if you win a title, heck we might have people wanting to retire the numbers of the whole starting five. I'm not saying they should, just that a title would build a lot of sympathy for his cause.
    Last edited by Ransom; 02-10-2014 at 12:54 AM.

  24. #42
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,767

    Default Re: Will Danny Get a Banner?

    I cannot foresee how it could happen. Don't think he's even close right now.

  25. #43

    Default Re: Will Danny Get a Banner?

    With how he is playing right now, even if we lose Lance I don't see us resigning him. And even if we win the title this year I don't think thats even close to enough.

  26. #44
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,102

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Will Danny Get a Banner?

    The best he can hope for is to be a part of the team that raises this city's first NBA Championship banner.

  27. #45
    Flipped Off The Refs Larry Staverman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    515
    Mood

    Default Re: Will Danny Get a Banner?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A couple years ago, there were some posters who were saying Granger was that team's Batman. My argument was that he might make a good Robin, but was in no way comparable to Batman.

    These days he is playing more like Alfred

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Larry Staverman For This Useful Post:


  29. #46
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacer Purgatory Praying for Paul
    Posts
    3,559
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Will Danny Get a Banner?

    He can.

    Well, at least a replica of one from the Homecourt Gift Shop.

    The difference between Danny and the rest of us? He might be able to get Reggie to sign his.

  30. #47
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Will Danny Get a Banner?

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Staverman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    These days he is playing more like Alfred

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •