Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    8 pages, and not a word about the fantastic defense DG played, amazing, I am glad I have no fans, means I get dissapointed a lot less.
    Our wing defense was excellent last night and Danny played a part on that as well.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    Some things I noticed at the game last night...

1=The crowd was really into the game last night and the defense chant was extremely loud and I know it affected
    Portland in the latter part of the game. The fieldhouse is such a great venue. Even after 15 years it is still beautiful.

2=Rasual Butler is a great player to have on your bench. He does not hurt you and last night really contributed with
    clutch shooting

3=With Lance out and Roy and PG mostly zeroes(it happens) the Pacers still won. That would not have happened last year

4=Bynum was talking to Ian after some plays and was involved. He is big, definitely bigger that Ian

5=Being taller than the player you are guarding is large when defending. The Pacers had the advantage their except for Hill and he paid for it. The defense dramatically picked up when PG was switched to Lillard.

6=Robin Lopez is a superstar...at least against the Pacers. Actually he is a very good center. He has really worked on his offensive game since coming into the league and he defends well.

7=The refs were bad, both ways..ugghhh.

I really wanted the Pacers to get Robin Lopez as THE b/u center, but he went to Portland as a starter. I can't wait to see Bynum play.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Even when Paul is terrible offensively last night he made an impact. Switching him on to Lillard was key. Lillard didn't do much except when Paul almost stole the ball on an inbound and it bounced to him. And then the garbage time 3 with them down 5. Let's be excited that we are so good and stacked that we can beat an elite team when our 2 all stars are having their worst scoring games of the year and our top playmaker is in streetclothes. We have an amazing TEAM. I want to see Hill play more like a shooting guard on a regular basis. He is such an underrated scorer. I hope tonight cemented that mindset in Hill. He is capable of abusing smaller point guards in the block. I want to see that utilized vs. Chalmers and Colw when the time comes. Also if Hill can increase his role as needed it may soften the blow if god forbid we cannot retain Lance. He's a baller, in a dif situation noone would complain about his 8 mil.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Still better than watching FSI for the billionth time, IMHO. ESPN's better HD makes it worth watching.
    Always wondered if I was the only one that noticed how bad "HD" is on Fox sports.... It's better than standard but still terrible for "HD"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ThA HoyA For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Who's minutes is he taking then? Granger's?

He can take minutes from a number of wings. No says he has to play big minutes, but more than the 20 some games Frank has played him.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    He's not playing well on the offensive end but he is still playing really good defense. He had 8 rebounds and 7 assists so it's not like he is totally useless if he isn't hitting his shots. He got and took a lot of good shots within the flow of the offense that just rimmed out. Even Reggie Miller had shooting slumps. And let's not forget that he had Nicolas Batum, one of the leagues premeire defenders, guarding him. That steal and dunk was huge in overtime as well as the three he hit in the 4th quarter.

Yes, and go back the last 10-12 games. He didn't have premier defenders guarding him every one of those games.

He's pushing himself to be "THE MAN" when he has fellow players to whom he can defer and who he should trust to make plays. It's not his job to do it all every game, and he needs to understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Who's minutes is he taking then? Granger's?
    A little bit from the other 3 wings for rest reasons. Butler playing 8 minutes a game could keep Granger and George from getting weak legs during tough stretches.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Last night's crowd was electric. The 4th quarter and overtime were loud as hell. We've got great fans coming to the game now.

Except for the one old man who left the game after Granger stepped out with 40 seconds left, b*tching about how Granger lost the game. That was funny.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    That sounds awesome. What's the app?
    The app is called SecondMic . Keep in mind, this was his first time doing it (I believe), and there's no set schedule at this time. But it was cool.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Mood

So, LeBron... about that great offense beats great defense any day comment you made...
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Yep. We can get a lot better looks than some of the shots we are taking, and its not just PG taking some bad shots. Gotta listen to Larry and move the ball.
    That, and I think we may need more set called plays by the coach to get players going. At least before crunch time.

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    8 pages, and not a word about the fantastic defense DG played, amazing, I am glad I have no fans, means I get dissapointed a lot less.
    I sure noticed it, but since I've been saying so many other good things about Danny I figured that for me to mention it is just piling on.

Danny does struggle chasing smaller players around screens, but he more than makes up for it with interior and help defense. I loved when Aldridge tried to post him up and wasn't able to make anything happen.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by ThA HoyA View Post
    Always wondered if I was the only one that noticed how bad "HD" is on Fox sports.... It's better than standard but still terrible for "HD"

Yeah, you really notice it when you have something to compare it to. I flicked back and forth from ESPN to FSI a couple of times to compare it, and it was just a night and day difference. Obviously you'd expect ESPN to have better HD than FSI since they are the mother ship, but it shouldn't be that big of a difference.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

"I'm your huckleberry"

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ThA HoyA View Post
    I'll take it and Denari + Quinn over the bland, uninsightful ESPN garbage any day, even if FSI only did standard definition broadcasts. I'm surprised they didn't have Doris Burke doing the game.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DocHolliday For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
    I'll take it and Denari + Quinn over the bland, uninsightful ESPN garbage any day, even if FSI only did standard definition broadcasts. I'm surprised they didn't have Doris Burke doing the game.
    I am growing tired of Quinn. I shake my head a lot as he mush mouths his way through a broadcast.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by seeker80 View Post
    I have been fighting this off, but I can't help myself.

One of the bonuses of last night's great win was not having to hear from the Lance Fanboy nation. Can you imagine the hue and cry if we had lost? Lance's new contract offer would now be in the 20 mil range and the "trade for tacos (donuts)" machine would have worked all night long without respite. Of course, GH's trade value couldn't be higher after last night so let's strike while the iron is hot.

Last night should make it crystal clear. The is a TEAM. If your 5th option can drop 37, you should get on your knees and thank the gods and stop trying to make it about 1 guy.

Someone made the comment that last nights game proved that Lance should have the ball in his hands all of the time and let everyone else score.

...must have been watching a different game.

GH had the ball in his hands 80% of the time for the last 20 mins. Pushing the break. Driving into the paint time after time for a tear drop, a dime to DWest or drawing a fould. Just how would that work if he never had the ball in his hands?

What GH proved is he willing do whatever it takes so the TEAM has the best chance to win. He will defer if he needs to or be assertive if he needs to because its not all about him or triple double watches.

This issue is the biggest concern I have about keeping Lance around. Will it always be about the TEAM or will it always be about Lance? Sometimes, reading this board, I wonder.
    I don't have any concerns about Lance (I'm sure that he puts the team above everything else just like every other guy on the team) but I completely agree that this a TEAM and that's why I'm thanking it. Lance is also a part of that TEAM so let's not make this a Lance vs Hill issue.

I love every single player of this team.

Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

If I have the option I will never watch a game with Jon Barry.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
    I agree I'm a huge denari fan he calls game really good IMO Quinn is hit and miss. But id love the high quality with denari

30. The Following User Says Thank You to ThA HoyA For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    I am growing tired of Quinn. I shake my head a lot as he mush mouths his way through a broadcast.
    No joke. He's becoming unbearable to listen to. I think he has a ton of great knowledge and insight, but he rambles on an on about every little thing, to the detriment of the telecast in my opinion. I love Denari though. He's a pro and very good at what he does (except I hate "Is that THE ONE on Fox Sports One tonight?!???")

If Buckner could get out of his own way and shut up more often he'd be a great color man.

As for the game itself, I only watched the first quarter so far but what stands out was DG guarding his man out at the arc, and Portland went iso on him. Somebody yelled out "iso, Danny!" And DG knuckled down and popped the ball out of bounds. Great communication and excellent iso D by Danny.

Yeah, Denari is generally really good. Very professional, prepared, and clear.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Last night should also help some folks realize how much Hill and West have sacrificed their game to help the young guys(Paul and Lance) develop theirs. Whether this is more about the way Frank has had them play or just their natural leadership and team first attitude, it is refreshing to see how these two PROs step back and let the youths shine. Danny Granger gets a pretty serious nod for the same reason. Danny could have very well come back firing with both barrels and slacking on defense in a bid to take his starting role back, but it seems all 3 of these older pros are more about their team than their 'glory'.

35. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Cousy47 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by Cousy47 View Post
    Last night should also help some folks realize how much Hill and West have sacrificed their game to help the young guys(Paul and Lance) develop theirs. Whether this is more about the way Frank has had them play or just their natural leadership and team first attitude, it is refreshing to see how these two PROs step back and let the youths shine. Danny Granger gets a pretty serious nod for the same reason. Danny could have very well come back firing with both barrels and slacking on defense in a bid to take his starting role back, but it seems all 3 of these older pros are more about their team than their 'glory'.
    This is an extremely good point. West and Hill are so unselfish. As for Danny, he may have done the same but he really came back misfiring. Still all of these guys are extremely likable, professional and very talented NBA players.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Yeah, Denari is generally really good. Very professional, prepared, and clear.
    I like Buckner because he really has the knowledge. He may trip over his words but he still communicates well. I prefer him over Denari. However, there are other things that bother me about him (things he sometimes says during the broadcasts about certain types of players), but they are probably not topics that can be discussed here.

Denari is professional and likeable...but his voice used to drive me nuts. I've adapted and now tolerate it pretty well.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

"I love ending overrated teams.

Broncos first, next Pacers, who got next?"

- Blazers fan PRE- Hill 3

Quote Originally Posted by Cousy47 View Post
    I agree. Well said.

There were two major events that shaped the course of this current team. The first was when we fired O'Brien and hired Vogel. The second was the 2011 off-season when the brilliant Legend acquired Hill and West. After watching the Bulls series in 2011, Bird knew that we had solid young nucleus that could win games and compete with a (then) top tier team like Chicago. But we lacked the clutchness, experience, and mental strength which is needed to close out playoff games against a team like Chicago, hence the 4-1 series defeat. Bird knew that this team needed a couple of good veteran players who would make us noticeably better on the basketball court and give us the skills necessary to close out tough games against great teams. He went out and got Vogel those players with West and Hill.

West is the old elder statesman who has acted like a role model to the younger players. He taught them how a professional goes about their business in the NBA. Oh, and he is a really good basketball player too. Hill was still a young guy when we brought him in, but the key with him was that he spent 3 years in a world class Spur organization learning how a championship organization conducts itself. He brought the winning traits to Indy that he learned from Pop/Duncan/Manu/Parker. Together, West and Hill have had a profound impact on this organization. Not only are they excellent players, but they had a huge impact on how Hibbert/PG/Lance etc go about their business. Granger gets big credit too because he has always behaved like a complete professional and obviously the other guys have learned a lot from his example.

West sacrificing some this year has been a good thing since he is older and needs to be good and fueled for our playoff run. But it's been nice to see him go on a tear lately and play like he did last year. He was just huge for us last year when we were in an offensive pinch without Granger. Hill is the one who has really sacrificed a lot. He is still in the prime of his career and has deferred a lot to Lance and PG. But being the professional that he is, he just goes about his business and executes when called upon.

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post: