Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see PG gets his whining to the refs from Larry himself.
    I don't like PG's complaining to the refs either, but tonight's crew deserves it from all angles. Just a PATHETIC job. As much as Joey Crawford gets flak for making himself the star of the game, Marc Davis did what Joey is accused of times 10.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    I know its tacky as hell to call out the officiating when your team wins with a big advantage at the line, but I'm going to do it; that was some of the WORST work I've seen all season long from this crew.

Blown calls (no call on that elbow to CJ? Are you ******** me?), having to go to replay seemingly every other possession? Just awful.
    This is a foul on Hibbert in OT.

Hibbert pushed Lillard on this play too.

Yeah, the blocking call on Luis was really bad, but I thought that was the only egregious call in the quarter. Seemed to me the Blazers were getting called for touch fouls on some GH3 drives early in the 3rd quarter too. I'm just trying to be objective, and I know you are too.
    @qandrews9428

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow. Everytime a player doesn't have a good game, you could expect some to whine about it almost all the time. This has been one of the best Pacers line up in years with big and realistic championship aspirations, hello! Might we also remind ourselves that we got really great guys on the team right now? I love reading really objective criticisms and observations from every forumer but the tactless whining gets to people's nerves most of the time. Great teams lose games and great players net out bad games and stats at times. Deal with it because they certainly are no robots.

This was a really good win. Really proud of this team, the coaches, management, owners and the fans! Go Pacers!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to piggyKing For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    There are way more post I can bring up, so why the flip flop? Why defend PG now?
    When did I defend PG? He shot the ball horribly from the field. I'm disappointed in the way he is playing right now, but I don't hate PG, nor am I a "PG basher.". You will find in the history of my posts that I both complement and critique plays, not one or the other.
    @qandrews9428

That was the kind of game that any fan would enjoy not just Pacer or Blazer fans. Needless to say great games by Hill and West. I really wish Vogel would call more plays for both of these guys. Paul taking more shots then Hill tonight is sad when it was obvious early on who had the hot hand.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

About Paul George: no other team in the league outside of Miami asks one player to be their best offensive and best defensive player. That isn't something you master in one season. It's gonna be a multi year process and I expect a lot more games like this one. If we were just asking him to score efficiently I think he could do that pretty easily.

In a thread this week on PD, someone asked why Durant doesn't guard LeBron. This is why. The amount of effort and concentration it takes to be elite at just one end of the floor is tremendous, now you're asking him to double it and be elite on offense too.

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

And one more thing. LeBron has been coasting on defense for the last two seasons. He's still an amazing defender and turns it on when he needs to, but he has a lot of games where he's extremely lazy and coasts by on his athleticism and extreme intellect but doesn't put in a ton of effort. You never see that from Paul George. So if he has a couple 5-20 games, so be it. That's the price Vogel has chosen to pay.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What a game. What a win!

George Freaking Hill you beautiful man! Outstanding performance. I hope he stays aggressive. Just a fantastic game from him. And David West, what can you say, 13/16 from the field? HOT DAMN! He hit so many big buckets in the second half. He could not be stopped. I think Hill and West have sacrificed the most offensively on the team, seeing them play this way tonight was fun. We really need to look to them more. More Hill/West PnRs please.

PG was frustrating to me tonight. Just made some stupid plays and was missing shots. Hopefully he gets his stroke back soon. But he did hit two clutch buckets. Just needs to hit the shots he was hitting earlier this year. And stop whining. Look, I get the frustration, I agree with the frustration, he's not getting the calls like you would expect. But he's gotta play through. David West plays great mad. PG doesn't. He makes bad decisions. PG did play some great D at the end on Lillard, denying a good shot attempt and making it hard to pass with the double team.

Danny had some big boards and some really nice close outs late in the game. Matthews was hitting everything, and got some good looks, but Danny got his hand there just in time to bother the shot and he missed a couple of buckets because of it. Still needs to shoot it better.

Lance was missed, definitely by Roy. There is no doubt he is important to this team. But I do hope we continue to push Hill to be aggressive with his own shot and continue to establish West more. I really think our offense is at its best when we feature West. He's just so solid and it opens things up for everyone. He operates out of the high post, letting Roy go 1 on 1. He is by far our best guy to run the PnR with which benefits Lance, Hill and PG. We just get better shots.

Also Rasual Butler is the dude.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    About Paul George: no other team in the league outside of Miami asks one player to be their best offensive and best defensive player. That isn't something you master in one season. It's gonna be a multi year process and I expect a lot more games like this one. If we were just asking him to score efficiently I think he could do that pretty easily.

In a thread this week on PD, someone asked why Durant doesn't guard LeBron. This is why. The amount of effort and concentration it takes to be elite at just one end of the floor is tremendous, now you're asking him to double it and be elite on offense too.
    While absolutely true, PG didn't have to guard Portlands best guy or second best guy tonight. He didn't guard Lillard until the end of the game. He just was missing shots tonight.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

"George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:

Next stop June 2015

If we had not gotten used to Paul George producing so much on offense...and all he did was defend and score 8ppg, he would be beloved just for doing that. He is so good at defending. He is very much under appreciated for what he's doing.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Lillard had better work on his defense, or it will be a long end of the season and a short playoffs. He was terrible. There were times it looked like the Pacers were finding out who he was defending and running the plays for them. The dynamic duo of Lillard and Aldridge gave some really sad defensive effort tonight.

Next stop June 2015

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    Lillard had better work on his defense, or it will be a long end of the season and a short playoffs. He was terrible. There were times it looked like the Pacers were finding out who he was defending and running the plays for them. The dynamic duo of Lillard and Aldridge gave some really sad defensive effort tonight.
    They shoot so well, they hardly need to defend. Imagine if the Pacers had shooters like Matthews, Lillard and Aldridge. We would win every game by 40.

I've said it a million times now: "Paul has tired legs!" A lot of his missed shots as of late are from open looks. When the Pace had a short break in January, he came back w/ a vengeance...And I expect the same after the All-Star Break....Then he'll get tired a couple more times before the Playoffs. He plays extended minutes every game and busts major *** on both sides of the floor at that. His shooting will suffer from time to time as a result of this.....
    What you own is your own kingdom
    What you do is your own glory
    What you love is your own power
    What you live is your own story

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WInslow22 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    If we had not gotten used to Paul George producing so much on offense...and all he did was defend and score 8ppg, he would be beloved just for doing that. He is so good at defending. He is very much under appreciated for what he's doing.
    I think fan's are just frustrated that he's not hitting shots like he was in the start of the season. He was shooting 47-48%, now he's shooting about 40%. And he has had more bad shooting nights. Looking at the first 30 games of the season, he only shot under 45% in 11 games. In the last 19, hes shot under 45% in 12 games. 10 of those games are under 40%. 8 of the first 30 were under 40%.

PG just hasn't been shooting well since the new year. I hope he gets himself back around that 45% number. It would be amazing if he got to that 47-48% range again. Thats some pretty damn good shooting for a guy who works the mid range as much as he does.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

West went toe to toe with the best power forward in the league and out played him on both sides of the court.

Hill was a stone cold killer. Stott tried everything to hide Lilliard on the defensive end. Hill had Matthews on him, pick and pop with Granger. Switched. Pick and Pop with West....Damion picks up foul 5.

Paul George needs to exit this slump. Roy needs to get mean.

Scola, Watson, and Scola kept it close in the first half.

So the Thunder didn't just struggle against the scrubs that we struggled against. They flat lost to them while we beat the Blazers without Lance and with Roy and Paul having horrible games.

This team is strong minded. They are different than last year. And the reason why is David West. The best free agent signing ever by the NBA Pacers.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

PG had a shocking offensive game, but to his credit he kept attacking the rim, made his free throws, hit some big shots down the stretch, locked down a guy who had been on fire all night in the most important stretch of the game (apart from that 1 gamble steal), when he wasn't defending Lillard he locked down Batum.

Even with hitting a career high, that was the smartest game I've ever seen George Hill play. He worked out early on the Lillard couldn't stop him and kept on attacking their bigs, working the angles really well.

A fantastic game between two teams with contrasting styles. The Blazers gave us a great game, we hung with them, worked out which match ups gave us an edge and pulled it out. Lots of defensive match ups getting switched by the coaches made for a fascinating game.

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to skyfire For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post

I have no problem with PG24 taking as many shots as he wants...as long as he's hitting them. If he's having an off night....than I really prefer that he becomes extremely picky about taking his shots ( as in taking the high percentage shots that he's more than likely to hit and be...as you suggest....be more of an efficient scorer ) or ( better yet ) attack the hoop and try to finish while drawing fouls.

PG24 finally did do that at some point in the 4th QTR....he only took shots that he should have taken while deferring to GH.

I know that being a 2-way Player drains A LOT out of a Player.....but if his shots aren't falling....then only take the wide open 3pt shots that others create for him, attack the basket to find other ways of racking up points, look for the easy baskets ( as in the quick cut to the basket waiting for a pass ) or try to draw the offense and create for others....all the while cutting down on the shots.

In other words.....if he's having an off-night shooting....then figure out other ways to contribute on the offensive end. Don't continue to try to shoot your way out of a slump.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

I think we need to set more screens for PG. Get him some cleaner looks. We've kinda fallen into the "oh give him the ball and let him score" and teams have noticed. Unfortunately his ball handling skills do cause some issues with coming off screens occasionally. But we still need to do it. Plus he is a good enough passer that if the team over helps, he will find the open man.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

I really don't think that Paul George's problems are not fatigue. I think it is a cerebral slump. No I am not inferring the other news. I simply think he is getting flustered early. Shooters/slingers have to have short-term memory loss. He has to forget the previous misses and forcing it. He has to let the game come to him until he gets some shots to fall.

David West has been carrying this team through the last 4 games.

Aldridge with the assist to West

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Next stop June 2015

That is the best assist I've seen all year.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    I really don't think that Paul George's problems are not fatigue. I think it is a cerebral slump. No I am not inferring the other news. I simply think he is getting flustered early. Shooters/slingers have to have short-term memory loss. He has to forget the previous misses and forcing it. He has to let the game come to him until he gets some shots to fall.

David West has been carrying this team through the last 4 games.
    He's been excellent. Taking out the Orlando game, since he only played 26 minutes because all starters not named Lance had sub 30 minutes, he is averaging 23ppg, 9rpg, 3.3apg, 67% shooting, 5 FTAs, 89% FT, 1.3bpg, and 1spg.

Looking at his game log, It really goes back to the Jan. 10th game against Washington. Take out the Clipper game where he got ejected at halftime and the recent Orlando game where he played less than his usual minutes, he's only scored under 15 twice. He's only shot under 50% in 4 of the 14 games. He's shot better than 60% in 5 of the 14. Since the loss to Atlanta, which was before the Washington game, West really started playing better. He probably would be in the ASG over Milsap if he was playing at that level all season long.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Roy seemed really bummed in his post game interview

Slumped over, barely listening to the question, sulking

His performance tonight really got to him, and he even said so in the interview. "Felt like everyone I defended was hitting their shots and I couldn't hit anything"
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    Roy seemed really bummed in his post game interview

Slumped over, barely listening to the question, sulking

His performance tonight really got to him, and he even said so in the interview. "Felt like everyone I defended was hitting their shots and I couldn't hit anything"

Seemed like to me he was exhausted after playing 39 min... I was sort of expecting him to fall asleep mid interview, he looked so tired.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

42. The Following User Says Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post: