Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 251

Thread: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

  1. #51
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,217
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which might be ok if this was an occasional thing. But its becoming the norm. With the occasional All Star quality game.
    I'm convinced that you just get lost in what you think is really happening. You understand that even though Paul's shot wasnt falling like we would like that he still finished with 17pts, 6 rebs, and 7 assists right? I'll take that all day as an "off" game.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  3. #52
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,586

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    The Fieldhouse was rocking tonight. It seems like weekend games are virtually automatic sellouts at this point.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  5. #53

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm convinced that you just get lost in what you think is really happening. You understand that even though Paul's shot wasnt falling like we would like that he still finished with 17pts, 6 rebs, and 7 assists right? I'll take that all day as an "off" game.
    On 23 shots. Did you miss that part of the box score. And he got 6 rebounds in like 46 minutes. Not exactly stellar

  6. #54

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm convinced that you just get lost in what you think is really happening. You understand that even though Paul's shot wasnt falling like we would like that he still finished with 17pts, 6 rebs, and 7 assists right? I'll take that all day as an "off" game.
    The only thing PG can contribute to this team is offense. He doesn't rebound, get assist or play defense against the other teams best offensive threat. If he's not scoring he needs to sit on the bench.

  7. #55
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,586

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only thing PG can contribute to this team is offense. He doesn't rebound, get assist or play defense against the other teams best offensive threat. If he's not scoring he needs to sit on the bench.


    That's a bit of a "stretch", don't you think?

  8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  9. #56

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PG sucks, stop making excuses for him. He got 17, 6 and 7 tonight that won't cut it
    Did the trolls forget to feed you?

  10. #57

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As perplexing as it is, I think we just have to accept the fact that this is who Roy is, as frustrating as it may be. He just always seems to have those games where he is a ghost. As long as he morphs back into Roy Olajuwon against Miami, I'm fine with him.
    I generally agree. In tonight's case, I think our offense going away from him really exacerbated things, but you're right - his history is pretty undeniable at this point.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Eddie Gill For This Useful Post:


  12. #58
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,941

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I understand that everyone can have a bad game. But as far as PG is concerned, I just got tired of watching him clank ugly forced shots and then immediately look/whine to the ref. It's one thing when you're playing smart and the shot just isn't falling. It's another when you're taking terrible forced shots on a stacked team with a couple of red hot teammates. He's not 2006 Kobe playing on a garbage Laker team with no help.
    It's true that he shot horribly and forced several shots.

    However, I wouldn't say that the whole of his game was bad. His D was great (he did slow down Lillard), his passing was very good (he did have 7 assists) and he also fought on the boards. He was able to get a key steal as well in OT.

    Same with Hibbert. His D at the rim was great and he played a key part at securing some rebounds late in the game. Lopez certainly outplayed him overall but Roy outplayed him in the closing minutes. That said, I didn't trust him with the ball tonight.

    All in all, I think that this was a GREAT game for our TEAM. Yes, PG and Roy struggled offensively but I'd say that their impact broke even. Hill and West were HUGE and they are why we ended up winning this game. Danny had some key boards and Rasual gave us some quality minutes as well. CJ was aggressive, Scola hit his jumpers and Mahinmi at least fouled Aldridge instead of letting him score on him.

    To win this game without Lance is a huge achievement.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  14. #59
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,142

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Gill View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roy's disappearance is more perplexing to me, because it was just that - a disappearance. Paul missed shots he usually makes, but was still looking for his shot. It just seemed we quit looking for Roy in the post, and Roy became a little passive (most notably passing out of that offensive rebound 2 ft from the basket).
    This is not surprising. What you have is chemistry between David West and George Hill....and you have Paul who is hot or cold...and you have Hibbert who needs Lance in the game to get him the ball in a good position to score. That's what happened tonight.

  15. #60
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,453

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    Hibbert did have the assist of the game with the pass to GH for the game-tying 3
    David "And One" West

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:


  17. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,007

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm convinced that you just get lost in what you think is really happening. You understand that even though Paul's shot wasnt falling like we would like that he still finished with 17pts, 6 rebs, and 7 assists right? I'll take that all day as an "off" game.
    You can put up great stats and still play terribly. Tonight Paul played terribly.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  19. #62
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,217
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On 23 shots. Did you miss that part of the box score. And he got 6 rebounds in like 46 minutes. Not exactly stellar
    So your comeback is to say I missed something in the box score....when I mentioned that his shot wasn't falling in my post....okay then...

  20. #63
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,142

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    We should be happy about this win, right?

  21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  22. #64
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,217
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can put up great stats and still play terribly. Tonight Paul played terribly.
    I already said in an earlier post that he didn't play well. I never said he played great. I'm only saying that even though he had an off game he still contributed. I'm not saying he had a great game. Quite the opposite.

  23. #65
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,586

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's true that he shot horribly and forced several shots.

    However, I wouldn't say that the whole of his game was bad. His D was great (he did slow down Lillard), his passing was very good (he did have 7 assists) and he also fought on the boards. He was able to get a key steal as well in OT.

    You're right, he still did some key things. The guy has been a beast all year and deserves the benefit of the doubt. I just wish he'd cut down a bit on the forced shots on nights like tonight. There's no need to force such ugly junk when you're surrounded by great teammates. The more he missed, the more desperate he became it seemed.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  25. #66

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So your comeback is to say I missed something in the box score....when I mentioned that his shot wasn't falling in my post....okay then...
    Well I assumed you had missed it, because anybody who knows basketball knows that scoring 17 points on 23 shots is not good at all. Like its in fact bad. Combine that with grabbing one board every 8 minutes or so, he wasn't exactly controlling the boards.

  26. #67
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,453

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We should be happy about this win, right?
    I'm thrilled about the victory. Roy doesn't need to score for us to win, unless its Miami. PG took bad shots, but he has been doing this all year
    David "And One" West

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:


  28. #68
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,217
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibbert did have the assist of the game with the pass to GH for the game-tying 3
    No, LaMarus Aldridge had the assist of the game with the inbound to the wide open DWest.

  29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  30. #69

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I already said in an earlier post that he didn't play well. I never said he played great. I'm only saying that even though he had an off game he still contributed. I'm not saying he had a great game. Quite the opposite.
    Yeah you said you would take this as an off night. But the problem is that its becoming the norm.

  31. #70
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,217
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well I assumed you had missed it, because anybody who knows basketball knows that scoring 17 points on 23 shots is not good at all. Like its in fact bad. Combine that with grabbing one board every 8 minutes or so, he wasn't exactly controlling the boards.
    Ahh....nice. So I know nothing about basketball now. Nice debate we're having here....

  32. #71
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PG sucks, stop making excuses for him. He got 17, 6 and 7 tonight that won't cut it
    I don't get you at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    DG > PG
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honestly I think we should trade PG, maybe we can get true scorer like Melo or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Melo usually brings it offensively every game and our weakness is going through stretches where we don't score. But that was just one possibility, we could target guys like Eric Gordon, Kawhi Leonard, Batum from Portland, Thaddeus Young from the 6ers, Chandler Parsons or maybe Gordon from the Jazz if we have no other takers.

    I'm sorry folks but PG's game just isn't that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our "All-Stars" are 3-20
    Replying to^
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That would be our win/loss record without them too
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It might be years from now but I hope PG opts out early and leaves this team
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PG will, Indiana doesn't deserve a player like PG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We need a consistent scoring threat so I proposed a couple of trades that would give us that scorer because he has been struggling bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and if he missed y'all would be all over him, make up y'all mind
    I don't think I have ever seen someone flip flop more. What is your point?
    @qandrews9428

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:


  34. #72

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ahh....nice. So I know nothing about basketball now. Nice debate we're having here....
    Tends to happen when you attack what I say out of context. Funny how these things work

  35. #73
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,941

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're right, he still did some key things. The guy has been a beast all year and deserves the benefit of the doubt. I just wish he'd cut down a bit on the forced shots on nights like tonight. There's no need to force such ugly junk when you're surrounded by great teammates. The more he missed, the more desperate he became it seemed.
    Yeah, I obviously agree with that. Some of those shots had no chance of going in. I clearly remember that post-up in which he pivoted and pivoted and pivoted again and ended up with 3 defenders on him and hoisted up something that never had a chance of going in. He should just make a quicker decision but he didn't and he got trapped.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  37. #74
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,586

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    I think this is definitely a top 3-5 win on the season when you factor in the circumstances. We were up against an elite team with no Lance and PG playing like crap on the offensive end. We were bailed out by the two guys in West and Hill who completely changed the culture of the franchise when they arrived in the 2011-12 season. A nice symbolic victory that reminds us how this franchise got turned around two years ago.

  38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  39. #75
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We should be happy about this win, right?
    For real. Incredible game to beat a very very good team despite missing Lance. This moves us two losses ahead of OKC, 3 losses ahead of Miami, 4 losses ahead of San Antonio, and 5 losses ahead of Portland.

    No matter how much you want to find to complain about, the Pacers are doing very, very well in the standings. 7-3 in our last 10 games, with a 4-game winning streak.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  40. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •