Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 251

Thread: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

  1. #76
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,750

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tends to happen when you attack what I say out of context. Funny how these things work
    so in other news...we won the game...
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post:


  3. #77

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think this is definitely a top 3-5 win on the season when you factor in the circumstances. We were up against an elite team with no Lance and PG playing like crap on the offensive end. We were bailed out by the two guys in West and Hill who completely changed the culture of the franchise when they arrived in the 2011-12 season. A nice symbolic victory that reminds us how this franchise got turned around two years ago.
    I would put it up there with winning in San Antonio and beating Miami after the West coast trip

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:


  5. #78
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't get you at all.

    I don't think I have ever seen someone flip flop more. What is your point?
    He's attempting to be sarcastic, but it's not working very well.

    Partially because his attempt to be over-the-top ridiculous is actually still relatively sane by PD standards.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  7. #79

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't get you at all.




    Replying to^










    I don't think I have ever seen someone flip flop more. What is your point?
    That's not flip flopping and one of those post was about Roy not PG.

    Saying we would be 3-20 without PG and Roy isn't flip flopping it's acknowledging that they are a big part of the team. You diss PG more than anyone you should agree with my Pg bashing.

  8. #80

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're right, he still did some key things. The guy has been a beast all year and deserves the benefit of the doubt. I just wish he'd cut down a bit on the forced shots on nights like tonight. There's no need to force such ugly junk when you're surrounded by great teammates. The more he missed, the more desperate he became it seemed.
    I think when players are slumping, there is a tendency to try and force things. (Especially with young guys).

    PG plays a lot of minutes and has had a fantastic season right now. Honestly, the guy probably just needs a bit of a break. All Star weekend will be good for him.

  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  10. #81
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    Hey Naptown Seth, when you get some time this weekend I'd love to see some "Hammer" analysis of (at least) Miami and OKC.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  12. #82
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,267

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    I'm really hoping this game can be the same type of "lightbulb" game for Hill that the GS game was for Roy last year.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  14. #83

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    I remember when people (not saying necessarily people on here, just in general) laughed at the Rasual Butler addition, like what's that old geezer gonna do with this team?

    Guy has been the definition of solid when called upon.

    EDIT: Accidentally a word.
    Last edited by Dr. Hibbert; 02-07-2014 at 11:02 PM.

  15. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  16. #84

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    Coach West


  17. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  18. #85
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,462

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I remember when people (not saying necessarily people on here, just in general) laughed at the Rasual Butler, like what's that old geezer gonna do with this team?

    Guy has been the definition of solid when called upon.
    Butler still has it!! Could easily see steady minutes if he weren't on Indiana.
    David "And One" West

  19. #86
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's attempting to be sarcastic, but it's not working very well.

    Partially because his attempt to be over-the-top ridiculous is actually still relatively sane by PD standards.
    No, I really don't think he is trying to be sarcastic. He just doesn't get it.
    @qandrews9428

  20. #87

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Coach West

    So West is responsible for those terrible plays we ran for PG?

  21. #88
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,753

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    I'm looking forward to the prospect of adding a backup center in Bynum who can score the basketball. That should open up some opportunities in the second unit. Should help Scola out a bit.

  22. #89

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Paul George had a wide open pass to Rasual, acted like he didn't see them and then made a stupid behind the back pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Paul has shot 50% or better in 4 of his lat 21 games including tonight. AWFUL.
    There are way more post I can bring up, so why the flip flop? Why defend PG now?

  23. #90

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    David West: in my top 3 all-time favorite Pacers, right where he belongs.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  25. #91
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,338

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    I know its tacky as hell to call out the officiating when your team wins with a big advantage at the line, but I'm going to do it; that was some of the WORST work I've seen all season long from this crew.

    Blown calls (no call on that elbow to CJ? Are you ******** me?), having to go to replay seemingly every other possession? Just awful.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  27. #92

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    Paul George needs to SHUT UP and play. Seriously, stop complaining to the refs. None of us as fans like it, and more importantly it doesn't help his case with the refs. I've enjoy the Pacers just fine without Jermaine O'Neal/Stephen Jackson pt. 2.

  28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  29. #93
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,983

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    I REALLY think this game deserves an "Odd Thoughts" if any games does.... man I miss reading those....
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:


  31. #94
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,597

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    I have to give a big shout out to Rasual Butler.

    While he doesn't play much, he's been as solid as could be when called upon. What a great vet presence.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:


  33. #95
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Blown calls (no call on that elbow to CJ? Are you ******** me?), having to go to replay seemingly every other possession? Just awful.
    Larry was HOT at that no call and was dropping some F-bombs (pretty sure that was the play):





    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:


  35. #96

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    I see PG gets his whining to the refs from Larry himself.

  36. #97
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,631

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think when players are slumping, there is a tendency to try and force things. (Especially with young guys).

    PG plays a lot of minutes and has had a fantastic season right now. Honestly, the guy probably just needs a bit of a break. All Star weekend will be good for him.
    Good thing he's not doing anything over the entire All Star week and weekend......oh wait
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  37. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  38. #98

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good thing he's not doing anything over the entire All Star week and weekend......oh wait

    He's hanging out with a bunch of his friends..doing a dunk contest and playing a game with barely any defense..It'll still be like a vacation.

  39. #99
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,631

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    PG24s shooting ( as of Late ) has been horrible. There is no way to sugar coat that.....he either needs a rest or needs to hit rock bottom ( as in find his ZERO Pt Warrior game ). I really question why he continues to shoot his way out of his game slump when he's not hitting his shots.

    I'd rather him do what he FINALLY did in the game....attack the basket to try to get to the line. He did attack LMA in the 4th and was able to get LMA into foul trouble. And....as always, his defense was stellar.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  41. #100

    Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game Thread - 2/7

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know its tacky as hell to call out the officiating when your team wins with a big advantage at the line, but I'm going to do it; that was some of the WORST work I've seen all season long from this crew.

    Blown calls (no call on that elbow to CJ? Are you ******** me?), having to go to replay seemingly every other possession? Just awful.
    Yeah, it really was some pretty sad work by that crew. I'm not a big fan of Marc Davis to begin with, but he really had a bad night. Lots of anticipation calls instead of actually watching the play. And of course the usual, "Look at me, Look at me, everyone's here to watch me blow the whistle" stuff. It was funny to watch him argue with Danny after the out of bounds call.

  42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •