Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 86

Thread: Update: Paul George talks about paternity claim

  1. #51
    Gotta Play Big BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,476

    Default Re: Update: Paul George talks about paternity claim

    I wish there were a "Close Thread" button that...after X# of clicks a thread would close without the Admins getting involved.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  3. #52

    Default Re: Update: Paul George talks about paternity claim

    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has there ever been a father vs son matchup in the NBA? This has a world of potential.
    Delonte / LeBron?


  4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Karlton For This Useful Post:


  5. #53
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,164

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Update: Paul George talks about paternity claim

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PG got got. I don't give a ****, but he did. Use a rubber dumbass, one you brought. Girl's a stripper man.
    He didn't get got if he files for custody. If say he's got good odds there if he wants to be an actual dad instead of just cutting a check every month.

    This isn't a huge moral issue, but it's both totally understandable if this starts messing with his mental state on the floor, and equally fair to hold him accountable for it. He put himself in this situation.
    Last edited by Kstat; 02-08-2014 at 03:12 AM.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:


  7. #54
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,882
    Mood

    Default Re: Update: Paul George talks about paternity claim

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would they do that when probably half their team has been/will be in the same predicament.
    Even if Kelly Olynyk has enough illegitimate children to start a family band, I think the fans in Boston will still find the energy to shout unpleasant things about PG's predicament. Just saying that certain people (especially PG, whose popularity has skyrocketed and who finds himself in the midst of a potent backlash to his recent superstardom) may want to be ready for some negativity from non-Pacer fans that we haven't seen in a few years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So its the usual ribbing? That sounds about right.
    Not for a player as well liked and recently popular as PG, I would say. He hasn't really had to deal with a whole of a scrutiny until now, and we don't know how he will react to these multiple spotlights. (Hell, some have speculated that his shooting slump is related to this story.) It may end up not being much of a thing as you say, but I just don't think all reactions are created equally level-headed, both on the internet and for a 23 year-old millionaire.

  8. #55

    Default Re: Update: Paul George talks about paternity claim

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He didn't get got if he files for custody. If say he's got good odds there if he wants to be an actual dad instead of just cutting a check every month.

    This isn't a huge moral issue, but it's both totally understandable if this starts messing with his mental state on the floor, and equally fair to hold him accountable for it. He put himself in this situation.
    He said he'd man up and be a father, we'll see, I hope so. I'd be pretty damn surprised if he files for custody though if it's his. I come from a single mom, I was a beautiful (just don't ask my mom) accident, I'm 30, I've seen my dad face to face 3 times in my entire life and one was at a child support hearing. The next'll be his funeral, maybe.

    I feel ****** for making light of it honestly. Mistakes happen, I get that, I've been stupid and had my own scares. Forget the notion of her being a stripper gold digger looking for a meal ticket or whatever, you made it, raise it. Don't cut a check, raise him/her. Major props to Wade for doing what he's done. Gabrielle Union too.

  9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  10. #56
    HE HIT! HE HIT! HE HIT! glazedham42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    378

    Default Re: Update: Paul George talks about paternity claim

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah. That banner must get lonely. Swaying in the breeze all by itself. No banners from basketball, swimming, diving, soccer or anything else to keep it company. How sad that poor lonely banner must be.
    You can have all your NCAA banners. Purdue grads hang flags on the moon.

  11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to glazedham42 For This Useful Post:


  12. #57
    Hoosier for Life CreekShow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Muncie
    Age
    27
    Posts
    478

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Update: Paul George talks about paternity claim

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not aware if there is a way to get a paternity test done while still in the womb?

    Good luck PG...

    Remember fellas, nothing good happens after 2AM.
    There are multiple ways to determine whether or not Paul is the father before the baby is born. All have to be after a certain amount of time.

    Paul is a grown man with a lot of $$ coming. This should not affect him on the court IMO. Unless she turns out to be some crazy pyscjo and tries to ruin his life. Even if hes the father I think the Pacers will be just fine
    I Bleed Blue

  13. #58
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Update: Paul George talks about paternity claim

    Quote Originally Posted by CreekShow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unless she turns out to be some crazy pyscjo and tries to ruin his life.
    Odds of this are what, 60, 70%?

  14. #59

    Default Re: Update: Paul George talks about paternity claim

    Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Odds of this are what, 60, 70%?
    90-95%! The problem is and always has been, 'Once you've lived it up, you can never live it down'

  15. #60

    Default Re: Update: Paul George talks about paternity claim

    Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Not for a player as well liked and recently popular as PG, I would say. He hasn't really had to deal with a whole of a scrutiny until now, and we don't know how he will react to these multiple spotlights. (Hell, some have speculated that his shooting slump is related to this story.) It may end up not being much of a thing as you say, but I just don't think all reactions are created equally level-headed, both on the internet and for a 23 year-old millionaire.

    Maybe but this is rather tame than when Kobe was charged with rape and heard a lot of bad things, or Vernon Maxwell who's dead child was thrown in his face. That was a lot worse.

  16. #61

    Default Re: Update: Paul George talks about paternity claim

    Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Odds of this are what, 60, 70%?
    "115% possible."

    - Dirk Nowitzki

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karlton For This Useful Post:


  18. #62
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Update: Paul George talks about paternity claim

    Quote Originally Posted by Karlton View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "115% possible."

    - Dirk Nowitzki
    lol.
    although that was the year he won the championship too, right? so it could work out

  19. #63
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    3,049

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Update: Paul George talks about paternity claim

    I want to hear more info like the Incognito situation but what it sounds like, Paul is in good shape
    Smothered Chicken!

  20. #64

    Default Re: Update: Paul George talks about paternity claim

    Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lol.
    although that was the year he won the championship too, right? so it could work out

    No it was a couple years before that actually. The Mavs were bounced in the first round when that happened.

  21. #65
    Gotta Play Big BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,476

    Default Re: Update: Paul George talks about paternity claim

    I hope Paul comes back from the All Star game with this chapter closed. Just turn that page young man. Things happen in life and this isn't the last thing that will happen.

  22. #66
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,882
    Mood

    Default Re: Update: Paul George talks about paternity claim

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe but this is rather tame than when Kobe was charged with rape and heard a lot of bad things, or Vernon Maxwell who's dead child was thrown in his face. That was a lot worse.
    I agree in terms of the severity. It's more the maturity aspect. Kobe was a couple years older and had been in the league seven (?) years. For VM, my memory of his career isn't that clear, but isn't he considered one of those really talented players who didn't get it all together because of mental and off-court issues? Not saying that PG would lose it or anything, just that I wouldn't be surprised if this had a somewhat significant effect.

    Also, a Pacers fan will call another team's fan classless (I'm predicting Boston) for shouting something (or making a sign) referencing the incident. This will result in multiple posts in a game thread and maybe even a thread of its own during the playoffs. Not world hunger or anything, but a potential issue for anyone on PD in the next few months. I think this was my original point, and I do agree that it is rather mild.

  23. #67
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Update: Paul George talks about paternity claim

    Obviously Paul wouldn't offer a million dollars to kill a kid that may not even be his. What are people thinking.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:


  25. #68

    Default Re: Update: Paul George talks about paternity claim

    Strippers are gross. I understand mistakes, but why a gross stripper?

  26. #69
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,741

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Update: Paul George talks about paternity claim

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Strippers are gross. I understand mistakes, but why a gross stripper?
    Miami strip clubs>Whatever strip clubs you have been to

  27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  28. #70

    Default Re: Update: Paul George talks about paternity claim

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Miami strip clubs>Whatever strip clubs you have been to
    I live in NYC so we have our own fair share of upscale strip clubs. However, I find those particular women to be gross. Now I get the bachelor party stuff or whatever. But when you "engage" a stripper beyond her "original gig" or "dance"....that's where it gets gross to me. Are they good looking? Sure. But there's something skin-crawl-inducing (to me at least) about being with those sort of women. Although I would put them far above hookers, prostitutes, etc.

    But whether it's high end strippers, or those brothel girls like the Bunny Ranch types? There's still something to me that's just a turn off. Playboy girls, well it depends. Some of them haven't completely sold their souls. So that small number are attractive. The others though.....*shudders*. I am all for hot girls on display, just wish stupid dudes would stop elevating these chicks beyond their job titles. And that includes "engaging" them.

    I blame Hollywood a bit though. All these movies where some guy with money or some prince charming comes in and rescue's a stripper from her "bare it all life" because some bad men are making her take her clothes off. Gimme a break.
    Last edited by Grimp; 02-09-2014 at 04:12 PM.

  29. #71

    Default Re: Update: Paul George talks about paternity claim

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Strippers are gross. I understand mistakes, but why a gross stripper?
    Are men who go to strip clubs gross?

    I don't understand why a man would want to be with a woman that he has to pay for (thus, she doesn't want to be there). That's a strange mentality to me.

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  31. #72

    Default Re: Update: Paul George talks about paternity claim

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are men who go to strip clubs gross?

    I don't understand why a man would want to be with a woman that he has to pay for (thus, she doesn't want to be there). That's a strange mentality to me.

    I don't think men who frequent strip clubs are gross. But strippers aren't gross on the surface. The idea of being intimate with one is though, to me. No matter how hot she is on the outside. Just the idea of her chosen occupation lessens the romantic feelings and overall vibe. As for why men want to be with women who they have to pay, I think because men just want to be "turned on" sometimes. Strip clubs are just for that purpose. It's an easy turn on for men, without having to put in the work, or those times when wife/gf isn't/aren't in the mood. Also the way strippers look (most of the time), is the male playboy fantasy. Yep, us guys are a screwed up bunch sometimes....

  32. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Update: Paul George talks about paternity claim

    I second Grimp's claim about strippers being gross. I don't care how good a woman looks, if she has zero self-respect, low intelligence, and is a cheap you-know-what -- and that perfectly describes most strippers -- she's going to be completely disgusting to me.

  33. #74
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Update: Paul George talks about paternity claim

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I second Grimp's claim about strippers being gross. I don't care how good a woman looks, if she has zero self-respect, low intelligence, and is a cheap you-know-what -- and that perfectly describes most strippers -- she's going to be completely disgusting to me.
    I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

  34. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  35. #75
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,091

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Update: Paul George talks about paternity claim

    Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

    I died.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •