Thread: ATTENTION PAUL GEORGE - You need to call Lebron out in this dunk contest

Default ATTENTION PAUL GEORGE - You need to call Lebron out in this dunk contest

For the sake of amazing NBA History. The premiere rivalry in the Eastern Conference. Top two Superstars in the East. And for crying out loud, if Lebron were ever to get in this contest, this would be one of the sickest, star studded contest to do it. Paul should call him out. This could be one of the greatest dunk contests of All Time.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: ATTENTION PAUL GEORGE - You need to call Lebron out in this dunk contest

It would be one of the most hyped and remembered dunk contests for sure. If he was to face off with Lebron, I'm afraid he would lose. If the NBA was to ever talk Lebron into entering the dunk contest, he'd win just by showing up.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Default Re: ATTENTION PAUL GEORGE - You need to call Lebron out in this dunk contest

Paul George is incredibly overrated as a dunker on this board.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    You DID see the Clipper game, right!?
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

http://www.nba.com/video/games/pacer...ind-play4.nba/
    Paul George for 3!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    You DID see the Clipper game, right!?
    I think what Croz is trying to say is that even though Paul has demonstrated the ability to throw down some sick dunks, to mention how it would make NBA history for him to duel with Lebron within the dunk contest, is a bit much.

Would be nice to see if only because I want to see what type of crazy dunks LBJ would be able to pull off.

Seen the dunk plenty of times and even the 360 is overrated. It was nice, but not even close to on par with the best. Paul's vertical simply is not elite. He's able to perform these dunks because of his length, which takes quite a bit away from the aesthetics of the dunk.

I don't know. I thought two of his dunk contest dunks were pretty epic - the jump over Hibbert and the Larry Bird sticker one. The sticker one was pretty stinking impressive just from a technical perspective.

He only has probably the two most memorable dunks in basketball from the past 12 months, but otherwise yeah overrated.

Also, Lebron's dunks, as has been mentioned elsewhere, are often power based. He throws it down hard, which is great, but I do not think would translate to a dunk contest as well as many think.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 02-07-2014 at 01:37 PM.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Lebron has a great "power dunk" but he may be to big and muscular to really do some of the "exotic" dunks. They require a lot of flexibility.

Trader Joe was quicker than me. I'm old.
    I would rather be the hammer than the nail

I'm sure Lebron would still provide some great dunks. Some of his most impressive in-game dunks are a result of poor passes from his PGs. They've basically come to the conclusion that all they have to do is throw it up, and he'll get it (and they're right). I'd love to see Lebron enter, even if that means he beats Paul George.

Seen the dunk plenty of times and even the 360 is overrated. It was nice, but not even close to on par with the best. Paul's vertical simply is not elite. He's able to perform these dunks because of his length, which takes quite a bit away from the aesthetics of the dunk.
    Verticals for players that size aren't all that important, to be honest with you. Coordination/flexibility is going to be bigger pieces of the puzzle. For instance, DWade's max vertical was only measured in at 35", which isn't anything special at all. That's Tyler Hansbrough level (34"). Blake Griffin came in at 35.5".

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Dwyane-Wade-4726/
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...ansbrough-288/
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Blake-Griffin-1268/

There's a huge difference between Tyler's ability to dunk, and Blake's, when only about an inch seperates them. (Or atleast did)
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

To be fair, comparing anyone to JaVale McGee is a fool's errand.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama-Redneck View Post
    Lebron has a great "power dunk" but he may be to big and muscular to really do some of the "exotic" dunks. They require a lot of flexibility.

Trader Joe was quicker than me. I'm old.
    Lebron is as agile and flexible as almost anyone. It's one of the many things that makes him so good.