Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Bynum 13-14 General Discussion

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Andrew Bynum 13-14 General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Always easier to tell people it's going to be a while, and bringing players back early, than it is to give people a date and then miss it.
    Particularly around here, where a date is set in stone and the only thing that could cause someone not to be back by then is that they were lying.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    And, knowing Bynum, he probably subsisted on pizza rolls and Mountain Dew for that entire six weeks.
    When he first arrived he told reporters that he hadn't been working out but had been eating well in his time off. Take that for whatever its worth though.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I heard Bruno on Dan Dakich show today at noon. Says Bynum seems to be working hard, fitting in well. But he showed up way out of shape to play, so it is going to take awhile.

Kravitz and Bruno were both on with Dan and both if I remember correctly said their sourcres said the same thing

And that's where the soreness stuff comes in. In the NBA, the banging. And the working out, soreness from that too. Seems he's experiencing the symptoms of body-switch. When you've been in park physically for a month, and then all of a sudden, start going hard all at once.

Hmmm, I was expectiing him to debut on Tuesday so he'd get 2 days rest after.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

Mood

Hopefully he helps.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Hopefully he helps.
    He can't hurt.

I think most of us would contribute more then Mahimi offensively.
    Dear P_George,
    You have received an infraction at Pacers Digest.

Reason: Unacceptable Comment and/or Content

Hoping Bynum can provide offense in the post. When you have Mahinmi and Scola in the game, there's basically no option to post up. With a team that struggles in half court offense, the post game would be really nice to have on that second unit.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BenR1990 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BenR1990 View Post
    Hoping Bynum can provide offense in the post. When you have Mahinmi and Scola in the game, there's basically no option to post up. With a team that struggles in half court offense, the post game would be really nice to have on that second unit.
    Spot on. Teams know that now and it's so evident and as a result, perimeter pressure goes up and then we struggle. Look what happened yesterday with the atrocious return in points from the bench and how we played when they were in. Praying for our jumpers to go in. Not good enough.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Scott Agness@ScottAgness 6m
    Paul George on Bynum: "He's been looking great in practice. He's really bought into this whole locker room and has been a great teammate."

Can we stop with the Bynum's a bad teammate business now?

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BenR1990 View Post
    If Vogel had a brain, he could've played LaVoy Allen when he got here. The kid has a post-up game. Not as great as Bynum's, but he can score in the post better than Ian.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    If Vogel had a brain
    Stop with that please.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If Vogel had a brain, he could've played LaVoy Allen when he got here. The kid has a post-up game. Not as great as Bynum's, but he can score in the post better than Ian.
    But he's not a center.

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    But he's not a center.

He's listed as a PF/C combo. Which means he can play either or. I doubt he could start at center, but in today's small ball NBA...playing at backup center would be quite normal for him.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He's listed as a PF/C combo. Which means he can play either or. I doubt he could start at center, but in today's small ball NBA...playing at backup center would be quite normal for him.
    In the garbage time he has played he looked out of position at C. In garbage time.

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    But he's not a center.
    He played a lot of center for Philly. But he's only 6'9" and looks smaller than I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    He played a lot of center for Philly. But he's only 6'9" and looks smaller than I expected.
    Just means he's quicker for 5's to guard.

Welcome CJ Miles! BlueCollarColts's Avatar

Impressed by Bynum tonight

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Yeah, me too. Would be happy if I have to eat crow on this topic.

He's listed as a PF/C combo. Which means he can play either or.
    Well, no - he can't.

Early thoughts on Bynum, and keep in mind these are EARLY thoughts. Like if I would be judged on the first day on my job. Guy still has a lot to learn, a lot to get back in conditioning.

1. First & foremost, I'll always worry about his health. I don't trust he'll be able to be healthy when needed. But...nothing we can do there, and silly to evaluate, so I just say that as a preface.

2. Incredibly impressed with his hands. Really, as long as he's the taller man, it's a prospect of lobbing it up there, and he'll probably catch it. He'll get you buckets on terrible entry passes just because his hands are that soft.

3. I like how he demands the ball. It's anti-Roy. He's anti-Roy in a few ways. Demand the ball, and do something with it, you draw double teams. If everyone else does their job, then you probably win with that unit at any given point in time.

4. Very unimpressed on defense. He really did just stand and watch, and then wait for a rebound opportunity. Wanted no part of challenging at the rim. My early, gut feeling is that he's still not entirely comfortable jumping. Even most of his rebounds, and his dunk, were pretty small jumps, if jumping at all. I don't think he trusts that knee, yet. For good reason.

5. No matter what he said in the postgame interview, I thought he got tired quickly. This isn't a surprise at all. Hell, Granger went through the same thing. We should know by now. But watching him move out there after the first 5 or so minutes, I thought he looked gassed.

6. I love how he simplifies the offense. The second unit has almost no idea where to go with the ball if Scola isn't hitting, and he hasn't been for a while. This gives them direction. They badly, badly need direction. Bynum provides that.

7. I could definitely see Bynum and Lance clashing at some point. Bynum already got his first "dammit, Lance" moment in on the year, and it won't be the last. Bynum wants a touch every damn trip, and to his credit, against most matchups, he deserves one, especially given how the Pacers play. But Lance also wants a touch, and a dribble, and another dribble, and a crossover, etc. I get the sense these are two guys who can **** their teammates off, and I'm thinking there will come a point where they collide. This is totally my opinion. I think it's a fair one though.

Edited in #8. IF Bynum can stay healthy, I think you'll see the Pacers effortlessly start to pull away from lesser teams again in the second half. Between Hibbert, West & a healthy Bynum (always an if, of course), Pacers are just going to beat the crap out of teams in the post. Even if it's not the same players taking the beating over & over, it's just demoralizing after a while. I think this is the vision, and back to the roots of how this team has dominated before, can dominate again. You just have to be smart about where the minutes go, and who is paired with who, leading to my point #9...

9. I get WHY Vogel would pair Scola & Bynum if Scola's shot is falling. That makes sense to me. But defensively, that pairing is a nightmare. This is where Vogel needs to be flexible with minutes and pairings on a given night. If Scola's shot isn't falling, this pairing just can't happen.
    Last edited by Dr. Hibbert; 03-12-2014 at 09:32 AM.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

I think the Pacers under utilize their bigs because Paul and Lance are just a little bit selfish. The one play that really irked me about Lance was where West through him the ball in the middle of the lane and Bynum was to the right of the rim on Lance's right. Lance goes into the big in front of the rim and gets an offensive foul. Bynum was severely aggravated and rightly so. Drive the rim and lay it off the Bynum for a massive jam. That did not happen and I do not know if Lance will ever learn.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    I think the Pacers under utilize their bigs because Paul and Lance are just a little bit selfish. The one play that really irked me about Lance was where West through him the ball in the middle of the lane and Bynum was to the right of the rim on Lance's right. Lance goes into the big in front of the rim and gets an offensive foul. Bynum was severely aggravated and rightly so. Drive the rim and lay it off the Bynum for a massive jam. That did not happen and I do not know if Lance will ever learn.
    Driving and dishing has always been one of Lance's strengths. But Bynum is the first center he's played with that can catch the ball. Remember all the times Lance fed Lou Amundson and Lou fumbled? Same with Ian, though I think Lance learned to feed him less. Lance will have to learn to trust Bynum to catch and finish. But I think that passing is an aspect of the game that Lance really enjoys. I wouldn't call him selfish in that regard, I think he's just a bit gun shy from past experience.

Having two big men (Scola and Bynam) in the game that can pass and catch should make for a dynamic combo. We just need everyone to learn how to play with them.

If Bynum can continue to produce on par with what he did last night, we should be in good shape. He's going to give Miami fits.

“He’s huge,” Paul George said after Bynum’s encouraging debut with the Pacers Tuesday at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. “He’s bigger than Roy. We call Roy the Big Dawg, but Bynum’s probably bigger than Roy.”

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/he...awg-but-bynum/