Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Bynum 13-14 General Discussion

Sports Logo

Default Re: 02/01/14 Update: Andrew Bynum is a Pacer

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Even if Bynum becomes a cancer, I see the players uniting together to rid their lockerroom of him like Reggie and Company united against Brown. Having a common enemy brings people closer together.

I don't see any player being pro-Bynum. West is probably the only one with a strong enough will and confidence to stand against the rest of the group, and there isn't any chance in hell he's gonna bail on Ian.

On a principle level I hate the move, rewarding a guy like that. I'll just have to call him #17 and hope out of sight out of mind.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Meh...the Knicks were busy trying to trade Shumbert, Chandler and Felton for Westbrook and Perkins. Kudos to the guy who posted it here first. Was a good laugh.

Click me

Remember when we were going to trade JO for Bynum?

Instead, we ended up getting Hibbert for JO...

Now we have Bynum backing up Hibbert.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Future For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not the least concerned. Bird wasn't afraid to abolish Tinman from the team 2 st8t seasons while the guy was paid 6 M per. don't think he will batt an eye if Bynum steps out of line.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

J7F

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I mean... are you worried he's going to stab somebody? How exactly do you envision it going to where he leaves scars in the lockerroom? He's going to somehow cause any two or more of the current 14 guys to turn on one another? Really? What damage? Specifically what?
    I can see how he might get mouthy and frustrated if he isn't playing. I don't think players will crumble and crack for this to be damaging. I can see chemistry being changed on the court. I can see Scola and West getting frustrated with him not doing his rotations that they had with Ian. I can see little things dampening the flame. Frustrating the players. By hey might get tired of the little things.

It could be a possibility. And if you are saying there is none because our guys are mental giants. I have to disagree. There are young mouthy guys here. Who may respond impulsively to his immaturity. If in fact he composes himself there.

There are two sides to Paul George's if. He could have said "I look forward to coming in here and embracing what we have established". Instead it is IF he comes in here and embraces

i don't think it is out of hand to ask. " what if he doesn't". What could happen. There is risk. I don't think it is im immeient. But I do give it a possibility to hurt. I would be naive not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    I can see how he might get mouthy and frustrated if he isn't playing. I don't think players will crumble and crack for this to be damaging. I can see chemistry being changed on the court. I can see Scola and West getting frustrated with him not doing his rotations that they had with Ian. I can see little things dampening the flame. Frustrating the players. By hey might get tired of the little things.

It could be a possibility. And if you are saying there is none because our guys are mental giants. I have to disagree. There are young mouthy guys here. Who may respond impulsively to his immaturity. If in fact he composes himself there.

There are two sides to Paul George's if. He could have said "I look forward to coming in here and embracing what we have established". Instead it is IF he comes in here and embraces

i don't think it is out of hand to ask. " what if he doesn't". What could happen. There is risk. I don't think it is im immeient. But I do give it a possibility to hurt. I would be naive not to.
    If it goes that way, how is there permanent damage involved? We kick him to the curb, Ian plays, and we move on. What's permanent about that damage?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    If it goes that way, how is there permanent damage involved? We kick him to the curb, Ian plays, and we move on. What's permanent about that damage?
    There is always a chance that there will be permanent damage, although it is very unlikely.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Mood

Maybe Ian felt Lance didn't have his back. That Lance liked him more. Said some comment about how he like having a big with low post scoring on the bench. Maybe Ian and Lance get into something. Maybe Bynum gets frustrated and calls out Vogel to the press. Maybe instead of looking at the next opponent the players are looking at the tweets of Bynum getting mad. Maybe Bynum is sent home. Lockout. And Then it becomes a distraction. You don't have to be a mental midgit to be distracted.
    Maybe Bynum gets floor burn. Misses a rotation and West chews him out. Maybe Bynum doesn't accept it and mouths off. Maybe that quiets the locker room. Maybe West is less likely to say something to anyone.

"West won't allow it" And so what is West going to just pick him up without him saying a word and jettisoning him out of the locker room like Thor throwing Loki?
    I picture it more like this.....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

17. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    I just hope he can adapt to the tough system the Pacers have
    I think our system is tough for wing players and guards, but is rather big man friendly. We post up ALOT offensively. As long as Bynum can be a presence in the paint on defense, he should be more than okay offensively.

As a guy who's watched his fair share of Laker games, Bynum is more skilled than given credit for. He's not strictly a "power post player". He's got soft touch, and can even knock down short J's (well he used to, I only saw him play a few times on CLE)

Mood

Vogel:

"George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Enough about Bynum, let's talk about how Lance is going to eat Joe Johnson alive tonight
    That matchup should be interesting to say the least. Esp with the nets on a back to back

Sports Logo

Small sample size obviously, but Bynum's still been pretty good defending the rim. If there's a defensive system he'd fit in it's ours.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Mood

Deng on issues the Cavs are going through still:

I'm just speculating, but sounds like Bynum may have not been the cause and just a scapegoat for the coaches whom may have lost the team (or from the GM that collected way to many immature players). Good chance he isn't completely innocent of course, but this proves at least he wasn't the root cause.
    Last edited by tadscout; 02-01-2014 at 07:16 PM.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:

Maybe Ian felt Lance didn't have his back. That Lance liked him more. Said some comment about how he like having a big with low post scoring on the bench. Maybe Ian and Lance get into something. Maybe Bynum gets frustrated and calls out Vogel to the press. Maybe instead of looking at the next opponent the players are looking at the tweets of Bynum getting mad. Maybe Bynum is sent home. Lockout. And Then it becomes a distraction. You don't have to be a mental midgit to be distracted.
    Maybe Bynum gets floor burn. Misses a rotation and West chews him out. Maybe Bynum doesn't accept it and mouths off. Maybe that quiets the locker room. Maybe West is less likely to say something to anyone.
    Maybe I get hit by a bus walking to my car after work. Maybe a bird that feasted on an inbred cow's feces craps from 1,000 feet in the air and it lands in my mouth as I'm yawning, causing me to contract a rare virus that I pass along to everyone I come into contact with causing an epidemic that baffles the medical community and threatens the very existence of the human race on Earth.

People are overthinking this whole thing. Locker room chemistry is delicate, I grant you that, but Bynum only signed a contract for the rest of the year, and it's a cheap one at that. If he comes in and causes problems, he's booted. End of story. He knows that. Bird knows that. The players know that.

26. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Shades of Heat aquiring Birdman around this time last year. Look what it did for their title run.
    Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months.

https://twitter.com/DrogsNavan

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IrishPacer For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Maybe I get hit by a bus walking to my car after work. Maybe a bird that feasted on an inbred cow's feces craps from 1,000 feet in the air and it lands in my mouth as I'm yawning, causing me to contract a rare virus that I pass along to everyone I come into contact with causing an epidemic that baffles the medical community and threatens the very existence of the human race on Earth.

People are overthinking this whole thing. Locker room chemistry is delicate, I grant you that, but Bynum only signed a contract for the rest of the year, and it's a cheap one at that. If he comes in and causes problems, he's booted. End of story. He knows that. Bird knows that. The players know that.
    And all I am saying is that it is never as cut and dry as that. Never.

Default So what was Andrew's Bynum's conduct detrimental to the team??

I know there have been various rumors but did it ever come out what he did? The team doesn't seem excited about him coming in.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerCrazy For This Useful Post:

Default Re: So what was Andrew's Bynum's conduct detrimental to the team??

Not sure but I'm sure West will keep him in check
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

I am hopefully and I think it is a lot different then Artist as he can just be cut if he doesn't behave but from Hill and West's lack of comments it is concerning. Paul George tried to put on a happy face but it felt a little forced. Even Vogel seemed tepid.

Even if it's not, the drop of water that is Andrew Bynum into the Pacers' bucket of water isn't big enough to cause major ripple effects. We have a culture in place here. It's not a Biodome-level ecosystem of delicacy.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

In this case I'm pretty confident it is. People need to stop acting like this is some reality show drama. I'd worry about the emotional impact if this was a women's basketball team, but that last time I checked everyone on our team had a pair.
    Last edited by BenR1990; 02-01-2014 at 07:07 PM.

I just keep picturing Larry, cigar in mouth, pushing all of his poker chips to the center of the table.

This season is so much fun.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eddie Gill For This Useful Post:

My understanding is that it was his attitude plus the health of his knees. Together, that made him expendable. He's probably just about the same as DeMarcus Cousins, except Cousins is healthy and a better player.

There was also something along the lines of a "Delonte West situation" going on involving a coaches wife but that may just be a rumor.