Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1032

Thread: Andrew Bynum 13-14 General Discussion

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Andrew Bynum 13-14 General Discussion

When Bynum was first signed, who imagined this kind of reaction to the idea he might not be able to play at all? A lot of people might have imagined some form of chagrin, but I'd suspect it would have been over the "waste" of money, not over losing a guy that turns out to have been a great potential contributor.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    turns out to have been a great potential contributor.
    "difference-maker", imo

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ErikD. For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    Bleacher Report tho
    You do know who Will Carroll is, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Interesting that they'd let a Pacers medical staff guy talk on the radio. Pacers have always kept medical stuff so secretive. Guess this one is too big to keep under wraps. So has Bynum himself given up, has the team given up on him, or are they just giving their opinion for curiosity seekers?
    Yeah, when is the last time you actually heard any of the medical/training staff on the radio? I don't remember EVER hearing any of them. Of course, it could just be a quote from them through a press release.

shall we do a class for those under 25 years old on how to use a radio. Yes it is pronounced Ray deo.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bleacher Report isn't the hack it used to be... they're starting to get some legitimacy. I just wish they'd do away with the f'n "slideshows". What a pain.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    I'm in Cincinnati but I'm listening to Grady & Big Joe's Podcast now online. Oh, yeah it was Will Carroll of Bleacher Report that was talking about all of this and he's no expert or even in the medical field. It was pure speculation and he never said that Bynum is done. He did say that his knee is bone-on-bone.

It's been uploaded and is podcast #8.
    http://www.1070thefan.com/gradyandjoe/podcast.aspx
    I don't know about anyone sles's thoughts on this, but I'm not putting my faith in Will Carroll to know what he is talking about here.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    You do know who Will Carroll is, right?
    He is a guy with no connection to the Indiana Pacers. He just knows a bit about sports injuries (despite not having any medical training). This is a report from a guy who is making assumptions about Bynum's knees. He is then making a prognosis about the impact of these assumptions.

The guy understands how certain injuries impact athletes, but he seemingly doesn't have the slightest clue of what is going on with the Pacers. This is similar to me asking my doctor about Bynum. He may understand how a certain injury will impact Bynum, but he has no idea of the specifics of Bynum's health.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to The Big Smooth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Smooth View Post
    He is a guy with no connection to the Indiana Pacers. He just knows a bit about sports injuries (despite not having any medical training). This is a report from a guy who is making assumptions about Bynum's knees. He is then making a prognosis about the impact of these assumptions.

The guy understands how certain injuries impact athletes, but he seemingly doesn't have the slightest clue of what is going on with the Pacers. This is similar to me asking my doctor about Bynum. He may understand how a certain injury will impact Bynum, but he has no idea of the specifics of Bynum's health.
    This is how I see it and I would imagine Bynum will get the Dwade treatment for his knees. We all knew this going in that Bynums knees were shot but if he can play a series with treatment and keep the Heat guessing if he is in the lineup then it will/can alter a series.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Smooth View Post

...And by making his statements, he gets invited onto more radio programs.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What's this "radio" everyone speaks of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Radio.

Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Hopefully this isn't true. Those two games will forever live in Pacer lore.
    God can you imagine if we come up just short this year....i mean if it's in game 7 against Miami and Bynum wants to go and has stayed in shape....don't you call for Titanfall? (H/T and shamefully stolen from Hicks on twitter)

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by pogi View Post
    Somewhere the Miami Heat are chest-bumping with Oden
    Why he sucks

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

So in full, Bynum isn't DONE but no one knows when he'll take the court again in a Pacers uni? Sucks. I was hoping he'd be able to play this weekend vs. Memphis and Chicago.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Had not seen this posted. Doesn't sound good imo. Expected us to take the Greg Oden approach with him anyways. ie.. save him for the EC finals.

Andrew Bynum had knee drained, the amount of fluid surprised him

Kurt Helin
    Mar 18, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT

9 Comments

Boston Celtics v Indiana Pacers
    Getty Images

Well, this is not good.

We told you Andrew Bynum was out Monday night for the Pacers (a win over Philadelphia), but now he will be out at least Wednesday (at the Knicks) and maybe longer, reports Scott Agness of Pacers.com. Bynum had swelling after playing 20 minutes Sunday against Detroit… and we’re not just talking a little swelling either.

“This one is a little concerning for me because it caused a lot more fluid,” he said. “I haven’t had that much fluid in there since like the (2010) Boston Finals in L.A.”

This is why the Pacers players and organization have had a “whatever we get from Bynum we get” attitude. They were contenders with Ian Mahinmi playing the backup minutes behind Roy Hibbert and that is not changing. If Bynum could be an upgrade off the bench, great. If not, well at least he’s not playing for the Heat. Right Frank Vogel?

“[It's] not really disappointing at all, to be honest,” he said. “We knew he was going to be in and out of the lineup. He’s got some problems with his knees, we’re well aware of that, and we’ll be excited with what he can give us when he’s in there.”

Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $60,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,500. Starts at 7pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.

Bynum scored 15 points and had 8 rebounds in those 20 mites against Detroit (and its big front line). Offensively his skill and touch make Bynum a considerable upgrade over Mahinmi. However, Bynum was slow on defense, both in terms of movement and recognizing his responsibility and rotations.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...surprised-him/

We all know about that. We need updated news now.

Things are surprisingly quite out there about Bynum... Even more so than DR'S situation...

I really feel bad for the guy. He's got all the skills to be a killer center in the league but the knees just won't allow him to play. From what I saw on the court, he clearly put in effort with us and wanted to make an impact on the court. Bynum's "attitude" or lack of motivation and effort was never a problem here, IMO.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BenR1990 For This Useful Post:

Damn, I was really hoping that he could shred the Knicks in the Garden. This reminds me of Ahmad Bradshaw's year with the Colts last year. Looked damn good when he played, but was finished in the blink of an eye, leaving you agonizing about what could have been. I'll cross my fingers and hope for the best with Bynum, but it's definitely worrisome with his injury history. If he doesn't play again this year, then one day we'll be telling our grandchildren about the dominance we witnessed in those two games and what could have been.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 03-19-2014 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenR1990 View Post
    I really feel bad for the guy. He's got all the skills to be a killer center in the league but the knees just won't allow him to play. From what I saw on the court, he clearly put in effort with us and wanted to make an impact on the court. Bynum's "attitude" or lack of motivation and effort was never a problem here, IMO.

Agreed. The whole "things started going downhill as soon as we signed Bynum" thing was an urban myth that took on a life of its own. The facts didn't back it up though. The team went 10-3 in the first month after signing Bynum, including a 4 game winning streak immediately after we signed him (which included the thriller against Portland). The players had some peeved quotes immediately after he was signed, but it was clear that they embraced him once he arrived and impressed with his jaw dropping talent.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 03-19-2014 at 03:35 PM.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Damn, I was really hoping that he could shred the Knicks in the Garden. This reminds me of Ahmad Bradshaw's year with the Colts last year. Looked damn good when he played, but was finished in the blink of an eye, leaving you agonizing about what could have been. I'll cross my fingers and hope for the best with Bynum, but it's definitely worrisome with his injury history. If he doesn't play again this year, then one day we'll be telling our grandchildren about the dominance we witnessed in those two games and what could have been.
    You really fell head over heels for Mr. Bynum

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    You really fell head over heels for Mr. Bynum

That Boston game was everything you want from a center. He rebounded, owned the paint, and spread the offense out since he is basically impossible to guard 1 on 1. The defense then made a big improvement against Philly when he altered multiple shots. He's just a natural talent. This could go down in Pacer lore with the traded draft pick that could have been Jordan.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 03-19-2014 at 03:39 PM.

This could go down in Pacer lore with the traded draft pick that could have been Jordan.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Isaac For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

This could go down in Pacer lore with the traded draft pick that could have been Jordan.
    ?

It's a shame, but unless we release him for injury and he goes on to start on a team that wins the championship that year, it isn't going to be anything near that traumatic.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

35. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post: