Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Bynum 13-14 General Discussion

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Andrew Bynum 13-14 General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love what I'm seeing, I'm just totally nervous about whether the guy will be healthy for the playoffs. How can you really count on him being available in April?
    Yeah, I know that it's going to be tempting to play him a lot since he is just such a G out there, but we do need to be a bit cautious with him so that he can shred Miami when it matters most.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    I love what I'm seeing, I'm just totally nervous about whether the guy will be healthy for the playoffs. How can you really count on him being available in April?
    I think if there was any real expectation of him being able to stay healthy his demand and price range would have made it impossible for us to acquire him.

We just have to be smart with his minutes and how much we work him. For what it is worth he isn't hurt now, just getting back into shape. If something happens to him though well what can you do?

Get well soon PG! Believe_in_blue's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I know he does have a legit injury history, but I think his mindset has as much to do with it as anything. He's motivated, he knows he has a shot to win another ring, and has a chance to get paid next year. I expect he'll ball out for the next few months. I just hope everything stays cool between him, Roy, and Ian.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Believe_in_blue For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    I don't think anybody thought they would get all of those guys.
    The good folks at ESPN did lol. It was all they talked about every morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    My prediction is that Bynum will actually be a better player than Hibbert from here on out
    No way. I thought he was much improved on D, but let's not go overboard.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

He's looked better than I expected, so I'm pretty happy thus far. The good/scary part is I don't feel like he's playing above his head at all. If anything, his teammates could be throwing him better passes and exploiting his matchup more than they do. Having him off the bench is insane.

It's almost like when Roy sits now, Frank calls for Titanfall and suddenly there's an ogre Titan on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    No way. I thought he was much improved on D, but let's not go overboard.

I don't think predicting that Bynum will be better than Hibbert is going overboard at all when you consider that Bynum two years ago was way better than Hibbs has ever been. With Bynum, it's all about the health. If healthy, he could definitely be better than Roy down the stretch. By no means am I advocating that he should be the starter or anything, but he could definitely be the better player. Regardless, it's just awesome to have a center rotation like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    He's looked better than I expected, so I'm pretty happy thus far. The good/scary part is I don't feel like he's playing above his head at all. If anything, his teammates could be throwing him better passes and exploiting his matchup more than they do. Having him off the bench is insane.

It's almost like when Roy sits now, Frank calls for Titanfall and suddenly there's an ogre Titan on the floor.

I cant wait to see him working with CJ, get the beast the ball on time and in a position he can do something with it and enjoy. Id also like to see him with Cope, they drop the double team toss it back out for the three if not pound it home. Works for me.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MiaDragon For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I'm watching the Heat / Rockets game with Oden on the floor......I think that the Birdman will have more of an impact on the game than Oden does. Although between Hibbert, Bynum and Oden....all of them are slow-footed....when the Pacers crowd the paint with Oden on the floor.....I can see him having problems. Oden simply doesn't have enough lift to fight inside the paint. He may have a longer reach than many of the Players....but I don't see him being effective and active enough to be able make a big difference.

In Bill Simmons book, he says that Oden walks around like an old man.....I don't think that has changed one bit. At worst, Oden = Bynum....but I realistically put Bynum ahead of Oden in terms of impact. My guess is that the Birdman will ( and has always ) been an issue for the Pacers. He's really active, he's really good at being a garbage man scorer along with being able to finish on wide open buckets ( when the defense collapse on the LeDecision and Wade ).
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Most teams are lucky to have one interior presence like either Roy or Bynum, we have two. He's just a presence out there in the second unit that teams don't really have an answer for. Just by his sheer size and strength, he's a force out there. I'm hoping his knees hold up because having 48 minutes of a mammoth in the middle is incredible.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I'm watching the Heat / Rockets game with Oden on the floor......I think that the Birdman will have more of an impact on the game than Oden does.
    My brother and I were discussing that exact same thing today watching the Heat/Rockets. From what I've seen, the Heat are better off playing Andersen the 10 minutes Oden gets. Oden just adds absolutely nothing on the offensive end and really doesn't make a significant impact defensively. Andersen constantly gives Miami energy, he'll go all-out for rebounds, and at least has the ability to score in the pick and roll game. The box score will show that Oden had 6 rebounds today, but just about every one of them was uncontested and fell right into his hands. At this point, Andersen is clearly the more effective center off the bench on both sides of the court.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BenR1990 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    Most teams are lucky to have one interior presence like either Roy or Bynum, we have two. He's just a presence out there in the second unit that teams don't really have an answer for. Just by his sheer size and strength, he's a force out there. I'm hoping his knees hold up because having 48 minutes of a mammoth in the middle is incredible.
    Things should be pretty interesting this summer for Bird. He has so many different options to choose from. But, the more he learns about his players, the more he probably concludes that he he has a lot of players that he really does not want to see leave.

For example, do we really want to face Bynum playing for another contender. Probably not, but is there any way in heck that we could afford to keep him? Fr that matter, just how good could Bynum and Turner be for us if they were actually with the team through summer sessions, training camp and the exhibition season?

And, how important is it to keep Scola, Mahinmi, Copeland and Sloan.

Where does Lance fit in? Can/could he be replaced by Turner?

Lots of good players. Lots of options. This summer should be as busy as any we've seen in years. Lots of drama. Lots of forum "discussion".

19. The Following User Says Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

sav

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post

The Pacers have never had a center combination like this. It is insane. And the power forwards of West, Scola and Allen and Copeland is nuts also. The only thing
    standing in their way is immaturity and maybe the coaches not making those small adjustments in time. I believe Lavoy is a hidden jem in their toolbox of players yet to b
    fully realized.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    Things should be pretty interesting this summer for Bird. He has so many different options to choose from. But, the more he learns about his players, the more he probably concludes that he he has a lot of players that he really does not want to see leave.

For example, do we really want to face Bynum playing for another contender. Probably not, but is there any way in heck that we could afford to keep him? Fr that matter, just how good could Bynum and Turner be for us if they were actually with the team through summer sessions, training camp and the exhibition season?

And, how important is it to keep Scola, Mahinmi, Copeland and Sloan.

Where does Lance fit in? Can/could he be replaced by Turner?

Lots of good players. Lots of options. This summer should be as busy as any we've seen in years. Lots of drama. Lots of forum "discussion".

This summer is going to hurt bad. If Bynum continues to play like he has then he's out of our price range period. Lance has lowered his value since the all star break IMO. GM's are smart enough to see the bad as well as the good in him. Turner will be lucky to get a full MLE offer and I doubt if he gets that. We may be able to keep Lance but if not we should be able to keep Turner and one other player. My gut feeling is that Bynum gets more money then Lance or Turner from someone but it's early for Bynum, he'll have to prove he's worth it all the way until the end which is hopefully a title for us.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

sav

I think Bynum is an off the bench player for the rest of his career. At least that would be best for him. It is the perfect situation for him also.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This summer is going to hurt bad. If Bynum continues to play like he has then he's out of our price range period. Lance has lowered his value since the all star break IMO. GM's are smart enough to see the bad as well as the good in him. Turner will be lucky to get a full MLE offer and I doubt if he gets that. We may be able to keep Lance but if not we should be able to keep Turner and one other player. My gut feeling is that Bynum gets more money then Lance or Turner from someone but it's early for Bynum, he'll have to prove he's worth it all the way until the end which is hopefully a title for us.
    I agree. If Bynum stays healthy and keeps playing well, he will get offers in the $8-10 million range and maybe even more. I still say someone will offer Lance a 4 year $50 million deal or close to it. The Pacers can't afford that and personally I don't think he is worth that much. I have not been very impressed with Evan Turner. He is certainly not worth the $8.7 qualifying offer on his contract. Someone will probably offer him $8-10 million, but the Pacers should not.

One thing we need to keep in mind is that even after we re-sign or replace Lance, we will still need to find an experienced back-up wing. As it now stands our only back-up wing would be Solo and he has barely played this year.

The best way, in my opinion, to get the parts we need is via trades. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by BenR1990 View Post
    My brother and I were discussing that exact same thing today watching the Heat/Rockets. From what I've seen, the Heat are better off playing Andersen the 10 minutes Oden gets. Oden just adds absolutely nothing on the offensive end and really doesn't make a significant impact defensively. Andersen constantly gives Miami energy, he'll go all-out for rebounds, and at least has the ability to score in the pick and roll game. The box score will show that Oden had 6 rebounds today, but just about every one of them was uncontested and fell right into his hands. At this point, Andersen is clearly the more effective center off the bench on both sides of the court.
    Andersen is a better help defender but one on one Roy chewed him up just like he did Bosh and this is the real reason why Oden was brought in.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BenR1990 View Post
    I fully expect for the Birdman to get as many minutes as he can handle at the backup Center spot for the very reasons u suggest.
    Last edited by CableKC; 03-17-2014 at 03:31 PM.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    Andersen is a better help defender but one on one Roy chewed him up just like he did Bosh and this is the real reason why Oden was brought in.
    I think that this is true. However, when u watch him play.....u can see that Oden will become more of the guy brought in to give TagAlong and the Birdman some rest and less of a guy that will really give Hibbert/Bynum/Mahinmi a real problem. Oden's mobility seems to really be limited...to the point where I can see some impact to the game when he is playing....but not enough to make a huge difference.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    The Pacers wont have the Capspace to re-sign Bynum unless Lance or Turner is within Price range, Bynum can be had for cheap ( $2 to 3 mil range ) and there r some other moves that r made ( like Copeland, Mahinmi.....or more than likely....Scola is off the books by the trade deadline ).

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    The Pacers wont have the Capspace to re-sign Bynum unless Lance or Turner is within Price range, Bynum can be had for cheap ( $2 to 3 mil range ) and there r some other moves that r made ( like Copeland, Mahinmi.....or more than likely....Scola is off the books by the trade deadline ).
    If Bynum can be had for $3 million, we should jump all over that...assuming he stays healthy the rest of the year. Unfortunately, I think there will be someone that will go crazy signing him...for way more than $3 million.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by sav View Post
    If Bynum can be had for $3 million, we should jump all over that...assuming he stays healthy the rest of the year. Unfortunately, I think there will be someone that will go crazy signing him...for way more than $3 million.
    I fully expect that.....hence why i dont think we will re-sign Bynum.

well no bynum tonight due to knee swelling

and so it begins of the every game will he or wont he play

fun!

Well now, is the swelling caused by or joined by any pain? Or is it just maybe fluid ala what Dwayne Wade has? In that case, the knee just needs to be drained. If it's a fluid buildup issue, no big deal.

I wouldn't expect Bynum to ever be playing in a game like the one tonight. Hopefully he's ready to go for the Knicks game Wednesday night. Vogel comments didn't seem like this was anything too unexpected.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to BenR1990 For This Useful Post: