Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 675 of 1032

Thread: Andrew Bynum 13-14 General Discussion

  1. #651
    Long time fan diamonddave00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Castle de Verde (Greencastle)
    Posts
    1,375
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Andrew Bynum

    Lets allow Bynum to play a few games as a Pacers before we say he was a good pick up or bad, I know when I watched him vs the Bulls early this season he looked very serviceable vs Noah

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamonddave00 For This Useful Post:


  3. #652
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,703

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 02/01/14 Update: Andrew Bynum is a Pacer

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Meant to say you "can" take the wait and see approach.

    To your point though I don't think there would be a need for a third center if Bird felt Ian could play better and Bird doesn't strike me as a guy who waits for half a season to fill a important need.

    What is more likely is that Ian is not performing at a high enough level in Birds eyes which is why the Bynum signing happened now rather than some mediocre third string center signing back in October when probably some on here wanted an Ivan Johnson type.

    Its quite possible and in fact more likley that you value a thrid string center more than Bird does which goes back to why do this signing in the first place? The answer to that question has more to do Ian's performance or lack there of than filling a roster spot you deem important while Bird ignored it for 40 some games.
    None of one of us have any idea about what Bird thinks of the need for a 3rd Center.

    Just like how u assume that Bird thought that Mahinmi isnt doing a good job ( hence the need to find a better Backup Center ), I assume that Bird finally recognized that going into the Playoffs with 2 legit Centers that can help protect the paint and no backup ( except for Scola...who can't protect the paint ) wasn't going to cut it.

    Why did it take so long for him to fill the spot? I have no clue...maybe he was patient enough to wait it out and look for opportunities to materialize. Bird is the only one that knows this.

    The bottom line is that U and I are assuming what Bird's intentions are.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  4. #653
    Member TinManJoshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,366

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Andrew Bynum

    Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lets allow Bynum to play a few games as a Pacers before we say he was a good pick up or bad, I know when I watched him vs the Bulls early this season he looked very serviceable vs Noah
    That's fine, but I watch a lot of the Cavs, and he looked like he was still struggling with confidence in his knee then. His rotations on D were bad, particularly when he had move horizontally.

  5. #654
    You can call me Taz cinotimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Andrew Bynum

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Start the PG is IN Heat rumors.
    fixed.....

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to cinotimz For This Useful Post:


  7. #655
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,636

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 02/01/14 Update: Andrew Bynum is a Pacer

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it's crazy to assume they signed Bynum to be the 3rd string center. He wouldn't come here for that.
    Agreed. Bynum said he was excited to backup Roy and Frank said he envisions him backing up Roy. Ian's name hasn't come up once in any of the interviews I've read and heard.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  8. #656
    Member spazzxb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    fort wayne In
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,823

    Default Re: 02/01/14 Update: Andrew Bynum is a Pacer

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    None of one of us have any idea about what Bird thinks of the need for a 3rd Center.

    Just like how u assume that Bird thought that Mahinmi isnt doing a good job ( hence the need to find a better Backup Center ), I assume that Bird finally recognized that going into the Playoffs with 2 legit Centers that can help protect the paint and no backup ( except for Scola...who can't protect the paint ) wasn't going to cut it.

    Why did it take so long for him to fill the spot? I have no clue...maybe he was patient enough to wait it out and look for opportunities to materialize. Bird is the only one that knows this.

    The bottom line is that U and I are assuming what Bird's intentions are.



    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed. Bynum said he was excited to backup Roy and Frank said he envisions him backing up Roy. Ian's name hasn't come up once in any of the interviews I've read and heard.
    Ian's name was referenced. Frank mentioned speaking with Mahimi and him being a consummate pro about it. He also mentioned that Ian would be most effected.


    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:


  10. #657
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,293

    Default Re: 02/01/14 Update: Andrew Bynum is a Pacer

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it's crazy to assume they signed Bynum to be the 3rd string center. He wouldn't come here for that.
    If Bynum is what I expect him to be, he will backup Roy most of the time. There will still be times where Ian's mobility might be a better matchup. But if Bynum is really healthy (which I doubt)...or if he gets healthy in mind and body, he is better than Roy Hibbert.

  11. #658
    Go Paytherth! rel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,821

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 02/01/14 Update: Andrew Bynum is a Pacer

    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed. Bynum said he was excited to backup Roy and Frank said he envisions him backing up Roy. Ian's name hasn't come up once in any of the interviews I've read and heard.
    In one of the interviews during the game, Frank mentioned that he sat down with Ian about the signing. He said Ian was disappointed with the obvious decrease in minutes but was professional about it. I took that as a 'hey, bynum will take your spot' kind of talk...

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rel For This Useful Post:


  13. #659

    Default Re: 02/01/14 Update: Andrew Bynum is a Pacer

    Quote Originally Posted by rel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In one of the interviews during the game, Frank mentioned that he sat down with Ian about the signing. He said Ian was disappointed with the obvious decrease in minutes but was professional about it. I took that as a 'hey, bynum will take your spot' kind of talk...

    Oh please, if Cope is cool with getting garbage minutes Ian should be even cooler with it. At least Cope can shoot. Ian can't really do anything.

  14. #660
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,861

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 02/01/14 Update: Andrew Bynum is a Pacer

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh please, if Cope is cool with getting garbage minutes Ian should be even cooler with it. At least Cope can shoot. Ian can't really do anything.
    Except play really good defense....

  15. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  16. #661
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,842

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 02/01/14 Update: Andrew Bynum is a Pacer

    Quote Originally Posted by rel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In one of the interviews during the game, Frank mentioned that he sat down with Ian about the signing. He said Ian was disappointed with the obvious decrease in minutes but was professional about it. I took that as a 'hey, bynum will take your spot' kind of talk...

    Agreed. You don't bring in Andrew Bynum so that you can play him behind Ian Mahinmi.

    Ian has played as solid as he can this year, but let's face it, Andrew Bynum will be a significantly better player if he can regain ANY of what he had two years ago. He brings skills to the table that Ian simply does not possess, most notably offense. You add him to Scola, Granger, Lance, and CJ, and wow, that's a hell of a rotation with a ton of offensive firepower. With the way Lance and Danny have been passing lately, Bynum will have quite a few opportunities to use his offensive skills. This doesn't mean that Ian won't still be valuable. Against a team like Miami, we will need both Bynum and Mahinmi. Their 12 combined fouls will be extremely valuable against the Heat and I hope that we encourage both of them to lay some wickedly hard fouls.

    Bynum is obviously comfortable backing up an all-star like Hibbert, but I don't see any way that he would come here if he thought that he would be behind Ian Mahinmi on a depth chart. This guy is playing for money next year and you don't get paid by sitting on the bench. There are other teams that he could have played for. I don't think that he would sign here without Vogel and Bird giving him some assurances that the backup spot was basically his as long as he produced at a quality level.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  18. #662
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,364

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Andrew Bynum 13-14 General Discussion

    http://www.tmz.com/2014/02/05/austin...medium=twitter

    TMZ is still trash, but at least we now have Austin's take on the Bynum signing!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  20. #663
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,186

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Andrew Bynum 13-14 General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.tmz.com/2014/02/05/austin...medium=twitter

    TMZ is still trash, but at least we now have Austin's take on the Bynum signing!
    I can't believe Tom Thibodeau couldn't reach out and save Bynum's career the one day he was on the Bulls. A complete failure on his part, obviously. TMZ sports, SMH.
    UncleBuck:

    "See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

  21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:


  22. #664
    Bring Back Bender bballpacen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,050

    Default Re: Andrew Bynum 13-14 General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But Croshere says the Pacers 40-year-old coach Vogel will succeed in getting through to Bynum ... where veteran guys like Mike Brown and Tom Thibodeau failed.



    Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/02/05/austin...#ixzz2sVAb28fG
    Thibbs didnt get Bynum's career back online in the hours that he was a member of the Bulls... What a carefully written and researched article...


    ** Shags with the sniper post prior to mine...
    Last edited by bballpacen; 02-05-2014 at 08:43 PM.

  23. #665
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,364

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Andrew Bynum 13-14 General Discussion

    Roy Hibbert ‏@Hoya2aPacer 1m

    Happy 2 have Bynum on the team. Hope they don't put his locker next to mine. Gonna be knocking knees sitting next to each other. #7FootProbs
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  24. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  25. #666

    Default Re: Andrew Bynum 13-14 General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by bballpacen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thibbs didnt get Bynum's career back online in the hours that he was a member of the Bulls... What a carefully written and researched article...


    ** Shags with the sniper post prior to mine...
    Croshere IS a stud though, they got that part right

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  27. #667
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,636

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Andrew Bynum 13-14 General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by bballpacen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thibbs didnt get Bynum's career back online in the hours that he was a member of the Bulls... What a carefully written and researched article...


    ** Shags with the sniper post prior to mine...
    They also screwed up Croshere's affiliation with the Pacers. He's no longer a Pacers analyst. I'm just glad they correctly quoted him.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  28. #668

    Default Re: Andrew Bynum 13-14 General Discussion

    So he'll be on the bench in a suit tomorrow right? I'm sure we'll get some shots of it on TV but any of you guys going to the game it'd be cool if you kept an eye on him outta the corner of your eye. He's always been a pretty aloof guy, would be really encouraging if he was next to Hibbert/West talking about things when they're not in. If he's behind the bench staring off into space with a mop on his head, well....

  29. #669
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,787

    Default Re: Andrew Bynum 13-14 General Discussion

    Anyone else hear Conrad Brunner on Dan Dakich show. Sounds like Bynum hasn't been working out since being cut from the cavs. (Bynum admits as much. And he won't play until a week or two after the AS break.

  30. #670
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,962

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Andrew Bynum 13-14 General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone else hear Conrad Brunner on Dan Dakich show. Sounds like Bynum hasn't been working out since being cut from the cavs. (Bynum admits as much. And he won't play until a week or two after the AS break.
    This is a bit suprising. I can see not being in basketball shape, but you'd think he'd still be lifting weights or running on the treadmill. Maybe he was trying to give that knee more recovery time?

  31. #671
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,787

    Default Re: Andrew Bynum 13-14 General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is a bit suprising. I can see not being in basketball shape, but you'd think he'd still be lifting weights or running on the treadmill. Maybe he was trying to give that knee more recovery time?
    I think the bigger and more troubling part isn't whether he has been working out or whether he has been sitting in front of the TV for 6 weeks, it is that he said he hasn't had a regular workout routine. Like he doesn't really care.

    I would guess he's done something to stay in some kind of physical condition

  32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  33. #672
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,064

    Default Re: Andrew Bynum 13-14 General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the bigger and more troubling part isn't whether he has been working out or whether he has been sitting in front of the TV for 6 weeks, it is that he said he hasn't had a regular workout routine. Like he doesn't really care.

    I would guess he's done something to stay in some kind of physical condition
    This is why I although I know he should be better than Mahinmi, I'm not going to believe it until I actually see it. I don't trust his knees or work ethic.

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  35. #673
    Member thewholefnshow31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,315

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Andrew Bynum 13-14 General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is a bit suprising. I can see not being in basketball shape, but you'd think he'd still be lifting weights or running on the treadmill. Maybe he was trying to give that knee more recovery time?
    Why is it surprising given who it is? Given Bynum's track record this does not surprise me at all. Hopefully Vogel and company can whip the guy into shape quickly. Unless Bynum wants to get his stuff together then no help from West, Vogel, or Hibbs will matter.

    All this really tells me is he really has not changed and we should not get our hopes up with him contributing ina back up role.

    I hope I am wrong because Bynum even giving us half of what he was in LA would be a big upgrade.

  36. #674
    Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,628

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Andrew Bynum 13-14 General Discussion

    http://www.nba.com/pacers/video/2014...207f4v-3138139
    Here's the video for those who may not have seen it.

  37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PGisthefuture For This Useful Post:


  38. #675
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,703

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Andrew Bynum 13-14 General Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is why I although I know he should be better than Mahinmi, I'm not going to believe it until I actually see it. I don't trust his knees or work ethic.
    But....but....he's better than Mahinmi.......by a long shot....you should completely ignore all these potential red flags and concerns that you have brought up and just go on the assumption that he will automatically be better than Mahinmi ( cuz Mahinmi sucks on offense ) without knowing how Vogel will use him while having no idea about how he will fit into the lineup.

    Again...for all of you that think that I'm a hater here.....I'm just saying that I will be skeptical about what Bynum brings to the table until I know how Vogel is going to use him in the lineup. Now, couple that with concerns about his conditioning.....I'm just in a "wait and see" mode. I really hope that he would likely take Mahinmi's place in the lineup....but I'm not going to automatically assume anything given ( what could be considered ) some valid concerns that has been brought up.
    Last edited by CableKC; 02-07-2014 at 02:27 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •