Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: CBS announces new NFL Thursday Night Football

  1. #1

    Default CBS announces new NFL Thursday Night Football

    I don't like this (except the Saturday games those I'm cool with)

    CBS announces new NFL Thursday Night Football

    NEW YORK óCBS announced Wednesday that it is partnering with the National Football League to offer fans Thursday Night Football.

    CBS said it will air eight early season games that also will be simulcast on NFL Network. NFL Network will also televise eight late-season games in the run-up to the playoffs.

    The mix of games will include 14 on Thursday nights and two late-season games on Saturday.


    Read more: http://www.kcci.com/news/sports/cbs-...#ixzz2sTL4dJeA

  2. #2
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,930

    Default Re: CBS announces new NFL Thursday Night Football

    Did something change except where the games would be aired? I thought we were already up to that amount of Thurs games?
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  3. #3

    Default Re: CBS announces new NFL Thursday Night Football

    I hear they may be expanding the amount of Thursday games was my thought. Regardless I don't like Thursday games in general I mean they were all rather awful last season from a competitive standpoint except that Bengals/Dolphins game.

  4. #4
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,477

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: CBS announces new NFL Thursday Night Football

    Screw Badell and his low quality Thursday Night Games. As a Peyton owner, it ruined my fantasy season this year when the Broncos played on Thursday Night Football against San Diego. Their offense was of course off the mark, as is virtually every offense when they play on Thursday Night Football. Over the last couple of years, it seems as though almost every elite offense has looked bad on Thursdays. It's just not enough time for guys to recover and prepare.

  5. #5

    Default Re: CBS announces new NFL Thursday Night Football

    The Broncos looked good in the season opener (which as a Thursday game is fine with me but that and Thanksgiving should be the only Thursday games)

  6. #6
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,477

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: CBS announces new NFL Thursday Night Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Broncos looked good in the season opener (which as a Thursday game is fine with me but that and Thanksgiving should be the only Thursday games)
    Yeah, but as you say, that was the season opener. They weren't reeling from playing a regular season game just four days prior. I agree though, the season opener and Thursday should be enough of the Thursday games. But nothing is ever enough for Badell.

  7. #7
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,122

    Default Re: CBS announces new NFL Thursday Night Football

    This is GOOD news to me. They are going to have Thursday games whether we like it or not but now those of us without NFL Network can actually watch them. Awesome!

  8. #8
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,822

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: CBS announces new NFL Thursday Night Football

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is GOOD news to me. They are going to have Thursday games whether we like it or not but now those of us without NFL Network can actually watch them. Awesome!
    Well half of them. The first 8 on CBS. Last 8 on NFL Network still.

    This is a pretty huge announcement. Thursday nights are a huge night for Network TV traditionally. CBS bringing the NFL for 8 weeks, especially as the new episodes of shows start up again is BIG.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  10. #9
    Member thewholefnshow31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,252

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: CBS announces new NFL Thursday Night Football

    Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is GOOD news to me. They are going to have Thursday games whether we like it or not but now those of us without NFL Network can actually watch them. Awesome!
    Horray. More people can watch crappier games.

    The NFL can keep showing more games on Thursday and that will just be more games I do not watch. I could probably count on one hand the amount of games I actually watched on Thursday nights. The quality of those games were subpar compared to Sunday games and I just found myself playing videogames or watching TV over the NFL.

    Cannot wait till Goddell announces Wednesday night football.

  11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thewholefnshow31 For This Useful Post:


  12. #10

    Default Re: CBS announces new NFL Thursday Night Football

    I'd prefer no Thursday football other than opening night and Thanksgiving.

    Need more money?

    Saturday tripleheaders starting in December. 4 weeks, 12 more games. College FB is done by then anyway except for Army-Navy, as December is basically a month off to get ready for bowl games.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  13. #11
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,520
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: CBS announces new NFL Thursday Night Football

    I HATE the Thursday night games, but if they are going to have them, I'm glad they are not just on NFL Network.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  14. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: CBS announces new NFL Thursday Night Football

    I have no problem with Thursday Night Football. The more spread out games are, the more we, the fans, get to watch.

    Basically: Give me 10 1pm Sunday games and 1 Thursday night game over 11 1pm Sunday games.

  15. #13

    Default Re: CBS announces new NFL Thursday Night Football

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ames/#comments

    NFL expected to give CBS marquee Thursday night games

    When the NFL regular-season schedule is released, expect the Thursday night games in the first half of the season to look better than the Thursday night games in the second half of the season.

    Thatís because the NFL plans to give CBS, its new broadcast partner for Thursday nights in the first half of the season, a great package of games to start the season. SportsBusiness Journal reports that the CBS games will be much stronger than ESPNís Monday Night Football package and much stronger than the Thursday night games in the second half of the season.

    In other words, games featuring teams that made the playoffs last year, and teams with the biggest fan bases, will go on CBS early in the season. Games like Texans-Jaguars and Browns-Bills will be relegated to NFL Network late in the season.

    Of course, thereís no way to say for sure in April which games will be good in the fall. The NFL is unpredictable enough that Texans-Jaguars or Browns-Bills could turn out to be big games between teams fighting for playoff spots, and Seahawks-49ers or Broncos-Patriots could turn out to be matchups or disappointing teams. The only package that is guaranteed to have strong games is the NBC Sunday night package, which takes advantage of flexible scheduling to move marquee games into prime time.

    But the NFL has a pretty good idea in advance which games will generate the largest audiences. And a lot of those games will be on Thursday nights early in the season.

  16. #14
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,026
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: CBS announces new NFL Thursday Night Football

    Quote Originally Posted by thewholefnshow31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Horray. More people can watch crappier games.

    The NFL can keep showing more games on Thursday and that will just be more games I do not watch. I could probably count on one hand the amount of games I actually watched on Thursday nights. The quality of those games were subpar compared to Sunday games and I just found myself playing videogames or watching TV over the NFL.

    Cannot wait till Goddell announces Wednesday night football.
    I honestly don't think it is that bad, I think it just feels like that because games that are played during the day on Sunday are more so you have a better chance of hitting a good game during the day, but if you actually look at the games and compare them to the sunday night or monday night games it typically is not a big difference.

    NO vs ATL late in the season, SD vs Denver late in the season, Den vs Balt early, Pats vs Jets(sidenote jets typically play the Pats pretty hard), Chi vs NY Giants, Seattle vs Arizona, Miami vs Cincinnati, Washington vs Vikings(both teams that made the playoffs they year before) you have a lot of playoff teams there, and a lot who were close to making it. It was not super crappy, probably just felt that way because it was one game of football in the NFL and then you had to wait all the way til sunday to see more if you were not excited about the matchup.
    Why so SERIOUS

  17. #15
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,477

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: CBS announces new NFL Thursday Night Football

    It will make money, which is the only thing that matters to Goondell.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  19. #16
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,822

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: CBS announces new NFL Thursday Night Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It will make money, which is the only thing that matters to Goondell, the owners and the players.
    Fixed that for you

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  21. #17
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,078

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: CBS announces new NFL Thursday Night Football

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fixed that for you
    the players hate Thursday games

  22. #18
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    20,922

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: CBS announces new NFL Thursday Night Football

    Then why don't they do something about it during their collective bargaining?

    Because they love their paychecks more than they hate Thursday games.
    ďJust because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.Ē ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  24. #19
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,822

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: CBS announces new NFL Thursday Night Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the players hate Thursday games
    that wasn't my point. everyone involved with the NFL wants money. Even the players. They will keep playing on Thursday as long as the money keeps increasing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •