Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 107

Thread: Paul George and sharing the ball

  1. #51
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Paul George and sharing the ball

    Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We aren't. But you do realize PG is leading us to the best record in the NBA thus far, and has shot poorly for about one week, right?
    Well about a month actually, with the exception of the one 6 game stretch.
    @qandrews9428

  2. #52
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Paul George and sharing the ball

    Ive noticed Paul is not making the extra pass. Not going to label him unwilling or a bad passer but at times esp here recently it has been true.

    I think Paul gets tunnel vision when trying to go 1 on 1. I am not advocating a trade or anything crazy, but it is a trend I have noticed more recently. Put simply Paul is not getting his teammates involved as much as I would like to see. Maybe that has more to do with the offense I don't know.

    the bad passes having been present most of the season. trying to make a bullet pass to Roy in the midst of traffic is more often than not a low % play.


    Lance has actually really been doing well in this regard lately. Its like it is finally starting to click with him, as evidenced by interviews where he has mentioned Coach Vogel emphasizing the easy pass.


    I don't think its too much of a concern, but it is an area I would like to see Paul improve in. Its obvious defenses are paying exclusive attn. to him. Making an extra pass from time to time would be beneficial.


    Another example of this just from last nite was the fast break where Paul had George Hill trailing... the extra pass to Hill there would have been perfect. Instead Paul blew the layup and Hill was there fortunately for the putback.


    This team is a still a work in progress.. best record or not there are areas for improvement. Again, not a huge issue but would be nice to see Paul get his teammates involved a little more than he has at times,,, esp if his shot is not falling.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:


  4. #53

    Default Re: Paul George and sharing the ball

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well about a month actually, with the exception of the one 6 game stretch.
    PG shot bad in 3 games in January when excluding the last 3 games of the month (so in total he shot poorly in 6/15 games by my standards - 35% and under is bad IMO).

  5. #54

    Default Re: Paul George and sharing the ball

    Pacers have the best record in the NBA. Paul George is a top 2-3 perimeter defender. A top 5-10 offensive player in the NBA IMO. He is the 3rd best player in the NBA according to a lot of people these days. A lot of you are bringing up great points, but some of these posts are pretty insane.

    Trading PG
    Saying Lance is our best player (I do think he is a top 25 player, and top 5-10 wing player in the NBA, but his defense is not close to what PG brings to the defense IMO)

    I mean come on, he has games where he struggles, as do all players. And at the end of January he had 3 of those in a row. And hasn't started February great (though his last two games have not been awful). BUT can we look at the big picture please?

  6. #55
    Member VideoVandal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Coatesville, IN
    Posts
    352

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Paul George and sharing the ball

    Lol I find this thread some what ridiculous.

    Remember beginning of last year? You know when Danny went down and nobody was willing to step into the lead role and because of it we were scoring 75-85 points a game every game?

    What was everybody calling for here? They were calling for Paul George to step up and be the man on offense. So now he has and has turned himself into a top 5 player in the NBA and now we question whether he is being too aggressive offensively? Who cares even if he is; your argument that everyone in the starting lineup can score so why doesn't he facilitate more? Well if that were true why weren't we a good offensive team beginning of last year? No, not everybody on this team can score, everybody on a given night is capable of having big games but don't mistake that for everyone on our offense is capable of being a high usage player. Every offense needs a high usage player there is just no way around it unless you have 2-3 superstars on one team which we don't. Thus Paul has taken the high usage role and done it very well.....is he struggling now? Sure obviously but you can't just ungreen light him....I mean so if we do what happens? We run more sets for Roy, more sets for Hill, make our oldest player on the team our go to guy? I mean we have 2 players capable of filling a high usage role, Lance and PG and they both are doing more than fine so yea I think this thread is an overreaction thread to his recent slump.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VideoVandal For This Useful Post:


  8. #56
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Paul George and sharing the ball

    Quote Originally Posted by righteouscool View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    These posts are absolutely ridiculous.
    Can you elaborate?

  9. #57
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,246

    Default Re: Paul George and sharing the ball

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ive noticed Paul is not making the extra pass. Not going to label him unwilling or a bad passer but at times esp here recently it has been true.

    I think Paul gets tunnel vision when trying to go 1 on 1. I am not advocating a trade or anything crazy, but it is a trend I have noticed more recently. Put simply Paul is not getting his teammates involved as much as I would like to see. Maybe that has more to do with the offense I don't know.

    the bad passes having been present most of the season. trying to make a bullet pass to Roy in the midst of traffic is more often than not a low % play.


    Lance has actually really been doing well in this regard lately. Its like it is finally starting to click with him, as evidenced by interviews where he has mentioned Coach Vogel emphasizing the easy pass.


    I don't think its too much of a concern, but it is an area I would like to see Paul improve in. Its obvious defenses are paying exclusive attn. to him. Making an extra pass from time to time would be beneficial.


    Another example of this just from last nite was the fast break where Paul had George Hill trailing... the extra pass to Hill there would have been perfect. Instead Paul blew the layup and Hill was there fortunately for the putback.


    This team is a still a work in progress.. best record or not there are areas for improvement. Again, not a huge issue but would be nice to see Paul get his teammates involved a little more than he has at times,,, esp if his shot is not falling.
    Exactly. I've seen Paul do this on a fast break a few times. He even owed Hill for sharing the ball on the alley oop right before that. Hard work is what got Paul to where he is at now. I hope he doesn't forget that and get too full of himself. Not saying that is the case yet, but he does seem to be a bit more selfish with the ball lately when it's not really there.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:


  11. #58

    Default Re: Paul George and sharing the ball

    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Melo usually brings it offensively every game and our weakness is going through stretches where we don't score. But that was just one possibility, we could target guys like Eric Gordon, Kawhi Leonard, Batum from Portland, Thaddeus Young from the 6ers, Chandler Parsons or maybe Gordon from the Jazz if we have no other takers.

    I'm sorry folks but PG's game just isn't that good.
    PG is better than Melo by a long shot right now due to defense. If people are complaining that the ball has stopped at PG on offense, oh my would people go nuts with Melo on our team.

    Not to mention PG is 23, Melo is 29: as previously stated.

  12. #59
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,604

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Paul George and sharing the ball

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PG touches the ball almost every single possession. 5 assists is not that many. Truth is PG would rather score than pass to a wide open Scola. Thus PG's new nickname "Paulhog"
    Ridiculous.

    I guess this was bound to happen on here since the same thing happened to Granger as well, but I was hoping it wouldn't happen this quickly.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 02-04-2014 at 08:34 PM.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  14. #60
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,604

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Paul George and sharing the ball

    Paul George is playing a minute and a half less this season than last season and is averaging a whopping .7 less APG than last year while scoring almost 6 points a game more than he did last year and somehow instead of analyzing these numbers, some would rather label him an unwilling passer or a ballhog.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  16. #61
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,604

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Paul George and sharing the ball

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can you elaborate?
    You don't think nicknaming him "Paulhog" is ridiculous?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  18. #62
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,630

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Paul George and sharing the ball

    Paulhog is in full effect tonight. Geesh
    David "And One" West

  19. #63
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,604

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Paul George and sharing the ball

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Paulhog is in full effect tonight. Geesh
    Increase your scoring, while shooting a better percentage than you ever have, become an all star starter, get labeled a ballhog. Welcome to Pacers Digest.

    Also, the above post was made while Paul George was 2/4 from the field.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  21. #64
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,604

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Paul George and sharing the ball



    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  23. #65
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,630

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Paul George and sharing the ball

    I promise the nickname will stick!!!
    David "And One" West

  24. #66
    Bring Back Bender bballpacen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,080

    Default Re: Paul George and sharing the ball

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seems like several times a game, Paul holds the ball and puts up a low percentage shot. Besides Mahinmi, all of our players can score, yet Paul seems reluctant to pass. Last night's game, Quinn Buckner mentioned that Paul shot instead of passing to an open Scola. Is this the coaches telling Paul to put up x number of shots per game? Or is this Paul trying to become Kevin Durant?
    He is simply trying to cut down his turn over rate...

  25. #67
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,604

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Paul George and sharing the ball

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I promise the nickname will stick!!!
    That's a very odd thing to hope for as a Pacer fan.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  27. #68
    Gotta Play Big
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,734

    Default Re: Paul George and sharing the ball

    I've been watching the interaction between Hill and Lance for more than a few games. Talk about not sharing the ball. Is Hill freezing Lance out?

  28. #69

    Default Re: Paul George and sharing the ball

    People in this thread aren't actually serious, right?

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  30. #70
    Gotta Play Big
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,734

    Default Re: Paul George and sharing the ball

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People in this thread aren't actually serious, right?
    Hill passes the ball to DWest and sometimes Paul George. I spend quite a bit of time watching for it...and I have not seen him pass to Lance in games. Really. I know he has, I just haven't seen much of that.

  31. #71

    Default Re: Paul George and sharing the ball

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People in this thread aren't actually serious, right?
    Unfortunately some are. It is insane how unappreciative some are of the stars on the Pacers. Pretty obnoxious.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to brownjake43 For This Useful Post:


  33. #72

    Default Re: Paul George and sharing the ball

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Paulhog is in full effect tonight. Geesh
    That drive to the basket and kick out to West on the most important play of the game was real selfish. Then, when West missed the shot and PG came back to high five him at the time out as to say "hey, you've been doing work tonight and I'd go to you again", also selfish. PG is just a "Paulhog", yep, you're right.
    Last edited by brownjake43; 02-05-2014 at 09:03 AM.

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brownjake43 For This Useful Post:


  35. #73

    Default Re: Paul George and sharing the ball

    Winning games unfortunately brings more trolls...

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:


  37. #74
    A Magical Place Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,558
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Paul George and sharing the ball

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can you elaborate?
    If ever there was a post that needed no explanation, that was it.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  38. #75
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Paul George and sharing the ball

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You don't think nicknaming him "Paulhog" is ridiculous?
    Just trying to encourage people to explain their stances vs just labeling it ridiculous and saying nothing else.

  39. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •