Thread: Roy Sticks Up For Bennett

Member DangerGranger3pointranger's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Roy Sticks Up For Bennett

Roy lent a hand to the number one pick:http://allball.blogs.nba.com/2014/02...=iref:nbahpt6f
    Everybody ride the Scola train! WHOO WHOO

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DangerGranger3pointranger For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Roy Sticks Up For Bennett

Very nice of him. Bennett may turn out to be ok, but let's look at the facts: Should never have been the #1 pick. He's fat and out of shape, which suggests his a bit on the lazy side. He's a tweener. 6'8" and 260lbs. He seems more like a PF, but listed as a SF.

I don't get why teams continually take chances on tweeners. There have been so many of them that have fizzled out quickly. How many tweeners find success in the NBA? I'm not saying they can't, but I would seriously stay away from them with a lottery pick.

Derrick Williams being another. I'd say Beasley, but I think his problem is that he'd rather get high...and yet he still suckers a desperate team to sign him.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Found this on Reddit a while back. The ol' Pick and Stroll... Maybe he can be good with the proper coaching and motivation, but this is about the lamest basketball play I've ever seen.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Found this on Reddit a while back. The ol' Pick and Stroll... Maybe he can be good with the proper coaching and motivation, but this is about the lamest basketball play I've ever seen.

Cleveland is a mess, hopefully he gets his self together. Hit the gym, play motivated, they aren't going to make the playoffs give the guy minutes
    Impossible Is Nothing

In his defense, they switched on the pick. His lack of effort didn't matter.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to The Big Smooth For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Smooth View Post
    It was an awful play on both sides.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Very nice of him. Bennett may turn out to be ok, but let's look at the facts: Should never have been the #1 pick. He's fat and out of shape, which suggests his a bit on the lazy side. He's a tweener. 6'8" and 260lbs. He seems more like a PF, but listed as a SF.

I don't get why teams continually take chances on tweeners. There have been so many of them that have fizzled out quickly. How many tweeners find success in the NBA? I'm not saying they can't, but I would seriously stay away from them with a lottery pick.

Derrick Williams being another. I'd say Beasley, but I think his problem is that he'd rather get high...and yet he still suckers a desperate team to sign him.
    Could've nabbed Oladipo, and traded Waiters OR bring him off the bench. Bennett was about the worst player they could've chosen for what they're looking to do

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Could've nabbed Oladipo, and traded Waiters OR bring him off the bench. Bennett was about the worst player they could've chosen for what they're looking to do
    I agree. I kept reading they didn't take Oladipo because they have Waiters.

I kept thinking, then *****ing trade Waiters!

Now really free Lance!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Any chance this happened at the end of a game in a blowout? That's really the only thing that makes sense.

Going back into hiding RamBo_Lamar's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo

Doesn't look exactly inspired...

Too funny.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by RamBo_Lamar View Post

Doesn't look exactly inspired...

Too funny.
    It was garbage time at the end of the game and the play was either not designed for him or he knew his teammates would never pass him the ball. Look at all those scrubs on the floor. Who does Philly even have in the game? I don't recognize any of them. It's uninspired but it's also a little unfair to pick one play out of a game and try to use it to make a judgement on a player.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

The Cavs are a mess. Kyrie and Waiters don't like each other and haven't since Dion was drafted. Kyrie is coming off like a prima donna it's hard to know just who up there is a problem outside of him. It's a shame that Kyrie is acting like such a baby too because his leadership was supposed to be one of his biggest positives.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

The Cavs are a mess. Kyrie and Waiters don't like each other and haven't since Dion was drafted. Kyrie is coming off like a prima donna it's hard to know just who up there is a problem outside of him. It's a shame that Kyrie is acting like such a baby too because his leadership was supposed to be one of his biggest positives.

Now really free Lance!

The problem with saying it's all Kyrie being entitled is ignoring the reports that come out about Dion's grating personality wearing thin on ALL of his teammates and that he's getting kicked out of practices. The "player's only" meeting(read: fistfight) has two different stories involving two of three people: Kyrie, Tristan, and Dion. I'll let you guess who was the constant in the boxing match rumors.

The issues up there, from what I can tell, are:

-Kyrie stinks(like worse than Nash) at defense and doesn't beat on his chest and scream a bunch so people think he doesn't care.
    -Dion Waiters thinks he's a #1 on a championship ball club and lets his teammates know it.
    -Deng just got there and the dumpster fire was already too great for veteran leadership to extinguish.
    -Andy can't stay healthy and is marginally talented so despite him giving 1000% effort when he's on the court he's not looked at as a leader.
    -Andrew Bynum hates being on losing teams.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Terrence Jones is doing just fine right now.( and if Bennett would be in that situation we might be looking at a different player IMO) Every player needs to be evaluated on his merit. Bennett problem isn't his tweannernize. The issue I had was his tape, the dude never played hard. He also rarely banged in the post even though he could own the college post area if he wanted too. (In the NBA he never goes in the paint just sad to watch him play). I blamed a lot of his college laziness on the selfish culture that was on his team at UNLV. His guards never passed him the ball. Derrick Williams style never looked like it would translate IMO. I was pretty out spoken at the time of his draft that I would pass on him. He was the most lackadaisical college player never got back on defense. If Sean Miller can't get you to play hard than no one can IMO.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 02-04-2014 at 05:03 PM.

Bennett might be good in 2-3 years after opponents forget about him going #1. Guys are going after him hard this year
    David "And One" West

^^ Are they going after him on the bench ??

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    ^^ Are they going after him on the bench ??
    Whenever he does play, opponents play him very tough. A lot of jealousy and envy from players who dreamed of going #1
    David "And One" West

HE HIT! HE HIT! HE HIT! glazedham42's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Smooth View Post
    Only did the first half of the pick and roll. If anyone was still caring on that play Bennett should have sealed his new man once they switched. Then go to work on the block once he's got the mismatch. Point guard should have looked for him. Probably knew he'd miss or just didn't care since they were in garbage time. Man Cleveland is a mess. I don't like lebron but I can't really blame him for leaving. People who think he is going to come back and be the redeemer when his Miami deal,is up are nuts.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I agree. I kept reading they didn't take Oladipo because they have Waiters.

I kept thinking, then *****ing trade Waiters!
    The Cavs excuse to not draft Oladipo was laughable and just shows why Lebron left and why that team will not go anywhere any time soon. You take the best player available no matter the position and figure it out later. Waiters is not god enough to say he is not replaceable.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The issue with Waiters is that he needs a coach to tell him to stop taking long range jump shots. That guy has an incredible ability to get to the hoop when he wants to but for whatever reason, he'd rather shoot jumpers a foot inside the 3 point line. While he isn't the tallest 2 guard out there, Waiters is more physical than most of his matchups and he needs to use that advantage. I hope he gets out of Cleveland and gets on a team with a coach that will make him play to his strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by BenR1990 View Post
    The issue with Waiters is that he needs a coach to tell him to stop taking long range jump shots. That guy has an incredible ability to get to the hoop when he wants to but for whatever reason, he'd rather shoot jumpers a foot inside the 3 point line. While he isn't the tallest 2 guard out there, Waiters is more physical than most of his matchups and he needs to use that advantage. I hope he gets out of Cleveland and gets on a team with a coach that will make him play to his strengths.
    Flip it.

His catch and shoot numbers are damn near elite. His ability to get into the lane is nullified by the fact that a layup is(sadly) his worst % shot. Add to that he can't hit a damn free throw. So why on Earth should he be coached to do something he's spent the last two years in the association showing he's incapable of doing instead of playing to his actual(not perceived) strengths?