Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NFL offseason thread

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2014 NFL offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ‏@AdamSchefter 2m
    Jets announced deal with former Broncos WR Eric Decker.
    Good, sorry for him though.
    Why so SERIOUS

Why should you feel sorry for him? It's his choice to sign with the Jets, they aren't forcing him. Hard to turn down good money
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    Why should you feel sorry for him? It's his choice to sign with the Jets, they aren't forcing him. Hard to turn down good money
    uh because they suck, and there is always a lot of turmoil there, and their QB is sucky, so yeah...

btw nothing wrong with being sorry for people who make decisions but the turnout bad...
    Why so SERIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    uh because they suck, and there is always a lot of turmoil there, and their QB is sucky, so yeah...

btw nothing wrong with being sorry for people who make decisions but the turnout bad...
    the jets dont suck they will be pretty good next season
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    the jets dont suck they will be pretty good next season
    assuming Smith makes a (big) jump or they get some other QB. same deal as KC last year, pretty damn solid team except for the most important position.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Sounds rather desperate for the Pats

Time will tell if this will pan out for them or not.

It's a great deal for the Pats. He'll play his *** off next year because he will be gunning for the last big contract of his career. With all of the marquee games the Pats get, he'll have the opportunity to produce in front of a big audience and cash in big time a year from now. This could resemble the one year that Deion Sanders played for the 49ers in which he had the greatest season of his career and won a Super Bowl. The next off-season was the "Deion Sweepstakes".

Sports Logo

that's an awful deal for Revis. New England'll be good until Brady's gone obviously but shoulda gone to Cleveland for a fortune opposite Haden, who's probably better than Revis at this point. Assuming that was possible anyway. not like the guy's old or washed up, and screw ring chasing unless you're a QB in the NFL.

it's not because it's the Pats, coulda been whomever, that's just an awful, awful deal for him. I honestly don't get it, frankly I think it's pretty damn stupid. guy signed a one year deal in his prime.

Is Revis really in his prime? Guy went from being the unquestioned best corner in football three years ago to being with his 3rd organization in less than 2-years. Something doesn't seem right.

If it is attitude, effort or commitment Hoodie may do some magic and get his 12 MIL worth. If there are lingering issues with the knee injury this may not take the Pats anywhere.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Downtown Bang! For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    that's an awful deal for Revis. New England'll be good until Brady's gone obviously but shoulda gone to Cleveland for a fortune opposite Haden, who's probably better than Revis at this point. Assuming that was possible anyway. not like the guy's old or washed up, and screw ring chasing unless you're a QB in the NFL.

it's not because it's the Pats, coulda been whomever, that's just an awful, awful deal for him. I honestly don't get it, frankly I think it's pretty damn stupid. guy signed a one year deal in his prime.
    It's Revis being Revis. The contract he had with the Bucs was essentially a string of one year, 16 million per, contracts without any significant bonuses. I don't know the reason why he didnt do more than a year with the Pats, but its pretty irrelevant because if he's still at the top of his game next year he will get a simular contract from somebody.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Natston View Post
    It's Revis being Revis. The contract he had with the Bucs was essentially a string of one year, 16 million per, contracts without any significant bonuses. I don't know the reason why he didnt do more than a year with the Pats, but its pretty irrelevant because if he's still at the top of his game next year he will get a simular contract from somebody.
    sure, until he shreds his knee or cracks his skull

He'll likely be able to sign an even better deal a year from now when he flourishes on one of the best teams in the NFL. If people are willing to pay a lot for him as a Buc, then just imagine what they will pay to pry him away from the Pats after he has a monster season. It's going to be just like Deion Sanders with the 49ers. He was only there for one season and had the best year of his career. The next off-season was the Deion Sweepstakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Bang! View Post
    Is Revis really in his prime? Guy went from being the unquestioned best corner in football three years ago to being with his 3rd organization in less than 2-years. Something doesn't seem right.

If it is attitude, effort or commitment Hoodie may do some magic and get his 12 MIL worth. If there are lingering issues with the knee injury this may not take the Pats anywhere.
    From all I've heard, Revis still looked really, really good on tape this year, especially later in the season as he got further away from the ACL tear.

I don't see the moving organizations as a big problem at all in this case. The Jets traded him because he had an ACL tear, wanted a big contract, and there was still a team who gave a huge offer to get him. That was a no-brainer for them.

TB traded him because they hired a coach who runs a scheme that basically wastes his talent. They found a corner who can be almost as good in that particular scheme for 10 million less. Add in the unique contract that meant no penalties for getting rid of Revis, and the clause in the Jets trade that allowed them to give a 4th rounder instead of a 3rd rounder by getting rid of him, and all of it came together to make sense.

Basically what I'm saying is that even if the Jets and TB both still believe that he's the best CB in football (I don't know if they do or not), they still might have gotten rid of him. The value was just too good to pass up in both cases.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cubs231721 For This Useful Post:

And yes we play the Eagles here in Indy this upcoming season so we're going to see the Colts killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    It's a great deal for the Pats. He'll play his *** off next year because he will be gunning for the last big contract of his career. With all of the marquee games the Pats get, he'll have the opportunity to produce in front of a big audience and cash in big time a year from now. This could resemble the one year that Deion Sanders played for the 49ers in which he had the greatest season of his career and won a Super Bowl. The next off-season was the "Deion Sweepstakes".
    They're willing to pay someone for 1 year but not the other players they've had for years and produced far more in comparison?

And that one year with Sanders for the Niners was after his stint with the Cowboys where he already won an SB.

Revis OTOH pretty much fell off after he left the Jets and actually has something to prove.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    They're willing to pay someone for 1 year but not the other players they've had for years and produced far more in comparison?

And that one year with Sanders for the Niners was after his stint with the Cowboys where he already won an SB.

Revis OTOH pretty much fell off after he left the Jets and actually has something to prove.
    No, Sanders played for the Niners in 1994. He then signed with Dallas after they won the "Deion Sweepstakes". Played with the Cowboys from 1995-1999. He won two straight Super Bowls since the Cowboys won it all in 1995.

Just watch, I bet Revis is an absolute monster with the Pats this year. I hate to say it as a Colts fan, but I'll be shocked if he disappoints.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    No, Sanders played for the Niners in 1994. He then signed with Dallas after they won the "Deion Sweepstakes". Played with the Cowboys from 1995-1999. He won two straight Super Bowls since the Cowboys won it all in 1995.

Just watch, I bet Revis is an absolute monster with the Pats this year. I hate to say it as a Colts fan, but I'll be shocked if he disappoints.
    Nah, I think Revis has faded. Revis Island is more like a peninsula now. I'm not saying he will be a bust, but frankly he wasn't very good in man coverage last year for Tampa.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Mood

sure, until he shreds his knee or cracks his skull
    Its on him then.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

He's a fine player, maybe not quite what he was 3-4 years ago, has had a few injuries. I'm not tore up about the Pats gettin him.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    He's a fine player, maybe not quite what he was 3-4 years ago, has had a few injuries. I'm not tore up about the Pats gettin him.
    The guy was coming off an ACL injury and still at the end of the season was rounding into form. He may not be arguably the best defensive player in the league like he use to be, but he is still one of the top tier corners in the league. This is an easy gamble for the Pats.

I had to laugh at Saffold failing his physical and his contract being voided. The Raiders just cannot catch a break.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to thewholefnshow31 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    I think its a wash from him and Talib right now but overall I would still take Revis if that makes sense.

Hopefully Wilfork gets cut and we sign him for a discount..

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by thewholefnshow31 View Post
    This is an easy gamble for the Pats.
    A gamble, yes... easy, no. $1mill for Andrew Bynum is an easy gamble. $12 mill is a lot to throw at a gamble. I get that he's asking for less years than Talib... but on-field production, I'm not prepared to say Revis elevates the Pats secondary that much over Talib, and that's why I say I'm not terribly torn up about them getting him.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 03-13-2014 at 12:33 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

I'm looking forward to Revis v. Hilton this year. It will be exciting when Hoodie's crew rolls into Indy. The Colts have so many marquee games this year. Baltimore, Cincy, Philly, Washington, and NE are all big home games. I bet that NE and Washington will be SNF/MNF games. Away games are big too. There is a Luck-Manning rematch in Denver. We also travel to NYG, Pitt, and Dallas. None of them were playoff teams last year, but they are all very historical franchises and we only go to Dallas and NYG once every eight years. I bet that Colts @ Dallas will be a SNF/MNF game. The Colts will be all over the SNF/MNF landscape next year. Can't wait.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 03-13-2014 at 12:43 PM.

Looks like Saffold will end up back with the Rams. Everyone thinks his shoulder is ok except for the Raiders. Here's a story on his failing the physical. Apparently he thought he passed it based on what the Raiders doctor told him.
    http://www.stltoday.com/sports/footb...d7c2e99b4.html