Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NFL offseason thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2014 NFL offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Those are UGLY! Worse than the creamsicles which i see hints of in there for some reason. Those may be the worst NFL uniforms ever. I saw an orange Sapp jersey at a thrift store this weekend.
    Last edited by SycamoreKen; 03-03-2014 at 11:12 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Those are some pretty terrible uniforms for a pretty terrible team...

Happy the Eagles re-signed Maclin. Excited to see him in Chip's offense.

If they just use normal looking numbers on those unis, they are pretty good, IMO.

Unfortunately they took it too far.

Looks like Alex Mack got the transition tag. Really reduces any chance Colts can sign him now.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-of-nfl-teams/

Indy is next stop on D’Qwell Jackson’s tour of NFL teams
    Posted by Josh Alper on March 4, 2014, 11:23 AM EST

APLinebacker D’Qwell Jackson has found plenty of interest from around the league since being released by the Browns with the Colts joining the party this week.

Jason LaCanfora of CBSSports.com reports that Jackson is expected to visit with the Colts after wrapping up his meeting with the Dolphins on Tuesday. Jackson met with the Titans and Broncos over the weekend and there’s been no indication of a leading contender for his services at this point.

The Colts got 16 starts from Jerrell Freeman at one inside linebacker spot last season and used Pat Angerer and Kelvin Sheppard at the other spot. Neither played particularly well and both Angerer and inside reserve Kavell Conner are set to become free agents next week.

With free agency approaching, Jackson’s window of relative exclusivity on the open market will soon come to an end. Judging from the amount of teams that have shown interest in signing him, he should be able to find a new team before the flood of other options is let loose.

Mood

What's so bad about those uniforms?
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

Everything? Looks like an arena football team
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Some have compared them to Seattle's, but I don't care for those either. To busy, but then i guess everything has to be these days don't they? TB's went from some of the best to a bad college alt.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Natston View Post
    They look bad but I'd like to see them outside of the animated rendering before passing final judgement. In unrelated news, I am glad that the Colts haven't changed the uniforms signicantly in quite some time.
    The Colts uniforms, logo, and color schemes are easily some of the best looking merch in the league. I'm soooooo glad that the Colts kept the name and classic look when they came to Indy. If they would have changed names, odds are that the new name would have been lame

While looking at your team logos, I have to admit that the Pats logo and uniforms are pretty dope.

The numbers are hideous. The random dash of "creamsicle" is just out of place and doesn't match. Fix the numbers, get rid of the orange, it will be better.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...to-game-686189

Buffalo Bills Drop Toronto Game in 2014

The decision to postpone the scheduled regular season match-up at Rogers Center follows a recent extension of the NFL team's agreement with Canadian media giant Rogers Media.

TORONTO - The Buffalo Bills recently extended their deal with Canada's Rogers Media to drive up the road and play a home game each year in Toronto.

Buffalo Bills to Continue Toronto Games Through 2017

In a joint statement released Wednesday morning by the Bills and Rogers Media, the NFL club confirmed it will drop the Toronto game in 2014.
    "As such, we have postponed for one year the scheduled 2014 regular season game at Rogers Centre in Toronto, and that game will return to Ralph Wilson Stadium. We will use this time to collectively evaluate opportunities to enhance future games," Russ Brandon, president and CEO of the Buffalo Bills, and Rogers Media president Keith Pelley, said.
    The decision to play all eight games at home in western New York was first reported in the Buffalo News newspaper.
    Buffalo’s long playoff drought didn't help ticket sales in Toronto as none of the team’s previous six regular-season games at Rogers Centre sold out.
    And the Bills winning only one of those six games has apparently left the NFL team asking whether it loses a competitive edge by playing across the border in Canada.
    Leaving the Bills presence in Toronto in limbo is also a blow to Rogers Media as parent Rogers Communications holds minority stakes in the NHL’s Toronto Maple Leafs and the NBA’s Toronto Raptors, and covets bringing the first NFL franchise to Canada.
    To give cross-border Canadian fans a bigger presence in Buffalo, a new sponsorship agreement for the 2014 season includes ticketing, merchandising, media exposure, and a newly-created Canada House near Ralph Wilson Stadium to serve as the official pre-game Canadian tailgate zone for all home games.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-davone-bess/

Browns part ways with troubled wideout Davone Bess

You could see this one coming, from the moment they planned to void the guarantees in his contract.

The Browns announced this morning they were releasing troubled wide receiver Davone Bess, along with wide receiver Brian Tyms and linebacker Paul Hazel.

The talented wideout raised eyebrows with a series of questionable Twitter photos, and eventually landed in a mental health facility after an incident with police.

Bess overcame a rough upbringing to get to the NFL, and at this point, the hope is that he can get his life back in order, beyond any concerns about his ability to play football.

D'Qwell Jackson is an Indianapolis Colt

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:

Jackson, age 30, signed for 4 yrs 22 million. Grigson sure loves to throw money around
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    Jackson, age 30, signed for 4 yrs 22 million. Grigson sure loves to throw money around
    11 million of that is guaranteed and spread out over the first two years so this is just a two year deal and then we can cut him if he is not producing for us.

If he stays healthy he is an instant upgrade over Angerer that is for sure.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thewholefnshow31 For This Useful Post:

Well I won't lie we needed another ILB to play with Freeman. This will certainly help. We still need another OLB/DE that can rush the passer
    Last edited by Suaveness; 03-06-2014 at 11:14 AM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Well I won't lie we needed another ILB to play with Freeman. This will certainly help. We still need another OLB/DE that can rush the passer
    Fixed.

But you're right. If we can get another OLE/DE that can provide a consistent pass rush.
    Last edited by Ace E.Anderson; 03-06-2014 at 11:14 AM.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by thewholefnshow31 View Post
    11 million of that is guaranteed and spread out over the first two years so this is just a two year deal and then we can cut him if he is not producing for us.

If he stays healthy he is an instant upgrade over Angerer that is for sure.
    I learned a long time ago to not freak about NFL contracts, almost everybody is playing on a one year contract regardless of why their numbers are...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post

I am surprised it didn't happen last year...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    D'Qwell Jackson is an Indianapolis Colt
    Indianapolis sure loves Cleveland leftovers hopefully he'll pan out...

Ian Rapoport ✔ @RapSheet
    Follow

Benefit of being financially set like D’Qwell: You can choose a team based on where you want to be. I'm told he turned down more elsewhere

So I guess teams like Denver and Tenn were trying to give as much if not more.

I feel like having Chuck is making people want to come here. He's a great coach to play for

Mood

Ian Rapoport ✔ @RapSheet
    Follow

Benefit of being financially set like D’Qwell: You can choose a team based on where you want to be. I'm told he turned down more elsewhere

So I guess teams like Denver and Tenn were trying to give as much if not more.

I feel like having Chuck is making people want to come here. He's a great coach to play for

Also with Rob coming and the familiarity there could have played a role.
    Why so SERIOUS

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Natston View Post
    I learned a long time ago to not freak about NFL contracts, almost everybody is playing on a one year contract regardless of why their numbers are...
    Depends on how the guaranteed money is spread out, but yeah I like this signing, I think he atleast has 1 good year in him left and the one after should be pretty solid as well. Hopefully after 2 years Mcnary will be ready to take over or whoever we end up developing behind Freeman and Jackson.
    Why so SERIOUS