Thread: Fans collapse at overcrowded station in NJ

Default Fans collapse at overcrowded station in NJ

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013...-train-station

Fans collapse at overcrowded station

SECAUCUS, N.J. -- Several people have collapsed in an overcrowded New Jersey train station while waiting in long lines to get to the Super Bowl.

Several people collapsed at the overcrowded Secaucus Junction train station while waiting in long lines to get to the Super Bowl.
    Emergency medical workers pushed their way through the overheated crowd to treat the people at Secaucus Junction on Sunday afternoon.

Long lines have come to a standstill in front of airport-style security machines that apparently cannot handle the crowd volume. People were squeezed together in an enclosed stairwell.

As more trains arrived, police tried to thin the sweating, jostling crowd by spreading people across the platform.

Initial fan calls of "Seahawks" and "Broncos" gave way to angry shouts of "New Jersey, your Super Bowl sucks!"

"The league is aware of the problem, and New Jersey transit is handling it," NFL spokeman Greg Aiello told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio. "It's clearing up. Fans are here."

Default Re: Fans collapse at overcrowded station in NJ

You never heard any stories like this during Indy's SB.

Look at the last four SBs- Dallas had the ice storm causing injuries and seating problems, New Orleans had the blackout, and NY/NJ has this. Indy didn't have any major issues.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Indy is pretty much universally regarded as one of the best Super Bowl host cities ever.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

I know and we had warm weather too what were the odds?

The only gaffe I can think of for the Indy SB was M.I.A. flipping the bird at halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

The only gaffe I can think of for the Indy SB was M.I.A. flipping the bird at halftime.

The Indy Super Bowl was just one of those things where everything just magically came together for a perfect outcome on all levels. The event was perfectly organized. The warm weather was surreal. And we honestly had about as hyped of a match-up as you can possibly have with the Giants and the Pats. It was the rematch of one of the most famous Super Bowls ever and there was the whole NY-Boston angle. Let's face it, the Pats being here instead of the Ravens made for a much more interesting week. The Giants-Pats match-up gave Indy's game max hype.

Even though I don't care for NY or Boston for the most part $$$ wise it was best for the city and it ended the way I wanted to with the Patriots losing.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

I love New York but would never want to go to the Super Bowl there (or have to commute there every day via car). The city is already chock full of people any nondescript day of the week, add onto that the Super Bowl crowds? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    I love New York but would never want to go to the Super Bowl there (or have to commute there every day via car). The city is already chock full of people any nondescript day of the week, add onto that the Super Bowl crowds? No thanks.

Yeah, New York is my favorite place, but as Bill Simmons said, you barely knew that the Super Bowl was there this week since the city is always freaking crowded no matter what. That's what made Indy so special. The downtown completely revolved around the Super Bowl during that week. It was totally transformed.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post

The zip line trumps all