Thread: Kirk Cousins open to being traded

Default Kirk Cousins open to being traded

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ins?src=mobile

Kirk Cousins open to being traded

With the Washington Redskins making it clear that Robert Griffin III is their starting quarterback, backup Kirk Cousins is open to being traded, league sources told ESPN.

Kirk Cousins is open to being traded to a team where he has a chance to start, according to sources.
    Cousins believes he is ready to start and already has had discussions with the Redskins' hierarchy, which declared Griffin as their starter last month.

Cousins will not be eligible to be traded until March 11, but the Redskins are expected to receive calls from quarterback-needy teams.

One destination could be the Cleveland Browns, who plan to hire Kyle Shanahan as their new offensive coordinator, sources told ESPN on Saturday.

Shanahan has spent the last four seasons as Washington's offensive coordinator and worked with Cousins over the last two years.

Although he loves Washington and the organization, it is more important to Cousins to play, which is why he would welcome a trade to a team on which he would have that chance to start.

Shanahan and his father, former Washington head coach Mike Shanahan, were fired by the Redskins following a 3-13 season. Washington hired Jay Gruden as its new head coach last month.

Cousins has started four games and has appeared in eight contests overall during his two-year career, passing for 1,320 yards and eight touchdowns with 10 interceptions.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Kirk Cousins open to being traded

Really??? I thought he'd be content backing up RGIII for his whole career.

@Pacers24Colts12

@Pacers24Colts12

When the starter has issues, arguably fails, and gets a vote of confidence anyway, then it's not surprising Cousins would decide it's time to move on. It's easier to be a backup when you're an up and comer IF you think you'll get a shot at starting if the starter fails. But when it looks like the door should be cracking open for you and it instead gets slammed in your face... well...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I do not blame him. RG3 sucked it up big time this year and got the vote of confidence. He is not going anywhere anytime soon so Cousins is jus going to be ridding the pine. I am sure like any player he thinks he should be starting. Then throw in the fact that owner and team just seems destined to be a loser I would want out of there too.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Open? I'd be pleading for it.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post: