Thread: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

Threaded View

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    QB blamed Bynum for Ian's butter fingers during the game so maybe not.../green
    I heard him say that too and thought it was total baloney. Ian fumbles at least one pass every game. My nickname for him is Iron Paws.

I've been ready for an upgrade for Ian since the Heat series in the ECF last year. I think that Larry Bird feels the same way. Really think about it for a minute. Larry Bird said when he returned this past Summer that the biggest needs was to sign PG to an extent ii and upgrade the bench. He got rid of almost everyone on the bench except for Mahinmi. That was the one position he was unable to upgrade during the offseason. Mahinmi has been woefully inconsistent and foul prone all season. I'm sure Larry has noticed that as well and when he had an opportunity to sign a former All-Star who once scored 42 point in a game and pulled down 30 rebounds in another for a mere 1 million dollars he jumped on it with both feet.

I'm glad this team is so close. I love the fact that they support each other. However, during the Westcoast trip, a major weakness has been exposed. If Roy Hibbert get in foul trouble, the defense decreases rapidly. Another potential problem is that if both Roy and Ian are in foul trouble, they don't have enough size to continue to defend the rim with the Scola and West tandem. Signing Bynum makes a lot of sense. If he's healthy he's the backup for 15-18 minutes and Ian is the 3rd center.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post: