Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 93

Thread: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

  1. #51

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Adam Silver

    took me awhile too. kept thinking all star
    Silver's got to set the tone early and fine him! Silver can't be shown to be no push over now!
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  2. #52
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,185
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    I bet that's easily 50k fine for PG.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  3. #53
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,071

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nah I don't think so, but if it was, it was the most baller turnover ever. I loved that whole exchange. Scola calmly throwing it off of Pierce's ***, it taking Pierce a beat or two to realize what hit him, then frantically trying to pick the ball up and heave it downcourt as Scola walks by and just looks at him, calm as ever. #goingfarder
    #GoingFarder indeed.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:


  5. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    I haven't seen anyone mention it, but early in the 1st JJ was going to the line and G2 really let him have it with "NOT AN ALL-STAR!". Could hear it clear as a bell on the other end. Before he took his second Garnett (the ugliest man in the World) turns toward G2 and starts opening and closing his hands like "keep talking". JJ just kept his eyes forward...

    pretty funny
    Last edited by seeker80; 02-02-2014 at 12:49 AM. Reason: misspelling

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to seeker80 For This Useful Post:


  7. #55
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,150

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    Quote Originally Posted by Merz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ugh...saying that is not gonna help him get any calls, might just make it worse.
    Yeah, that was a really stupid tweet by Paul.

  8. #56
    Member Ragnar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,913

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    I was shouting throw it off a Net (because you know they can hear me through the TV) my wife could not believe he threw it at his rear end she thought it was hilarious.

  9. #57
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,851

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  11. #58
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,943
    Mood

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, that was a really stupid tweet by Paul.
    Bynum's attitude has already taken over the locker room.

  12. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  13. #59
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,493

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    It's gonna cost him, but he's right. The quality and consistency of the officiating needs to be improved across the board, and now is the time to start the improvement.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  15. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Paul George ‏@Paul_George24 12m

    AS clean house on them stripes! #Terrible


    PG is totally getting fined.

    Candace Buckner ‏@CandaceDBuckner 33s

    Even after the win, #Pacers locker room seemed a bit lethargic. Paul George still clearly bothered by what he feels are constant no calls...
    What I heard is PG and Adam Sandler are friends and Sandler let him read a script for a remake of Stripes that he is planning on doing...PG thought the script needed work.

    That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to seeker80 For This Useful Post:


  17. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    4,100

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    If this team gets refocused on D then in a month all we'll remember of this game is the W. I'm getting a little concerned with the lack of defense especially from Paul and Lance. Defense is all effort and focus and we haven't seen that for the past 8 games or so. Even with the defense we were getting we could have blown this team out with a little less carelessness in handling the ball. Paul and Lance need to learn from West when it comes to passing. Nothing fancy, just simple and effective without the turnovers. Vogel is getting a lot from this team by being a players coach but it would help if he'd tighten the reigns a little and install some cisalpine in this area. You throw a hot dog pass which results in a turnover and you're sitting.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:


  19. #62
    assuming PG gets back... Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,291

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    Quote Originally Posted by seeker80 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sandler let him read a script for a remake of Stripes that he is planning on doing
    this is blasphemous

  20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  21. #63

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's gonna cost him, but he's right. The quality and consistency of the officiating needs to be improved across the board, and now is the time to start the improvement.
    But you don't improve it by calling touch fouls. "Cleaned up" officiating generally leads to more foul calls, which IMO, disrupt the entire flow of the game. I'd rather less fouls be called and players like George learn to stop whining after every shot attempt.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:


  23. #64
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn








    Someone should just tell PG the refs were distracted...
    Last edited by tadscout; 02-02-2014 at 03:09 AM.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:


  25. #65
    Cardiac Colts khaos01207's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,829
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    Lance Stephenson made an absolutely great personal effort on defense on that last shot by Paul Pierce. He made sure there was no way in hell Pierce made the shot while also giving the Refs NO chance to call a foul. Seriously that paired with the witty veteran play by Luis Scola made my night
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post:


  27. #66

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    Come on PG, if you want to stop getting touched when you shoot the ball, come off screens sharper and stop trying to get fouls called for yourself. Just play the game and let the Ref's see the kind of player you are. Or better yet, volunteer to referee some games yourself and see how easy that job is when 10 giants are banging on each other for 48 minutes. Do we want a foul call a minute like last night or 3 fouls a minute which would be very easy to call. If the rule of verticality was called on the offense as well as on the defense there would be twice as many offensive fouls called.

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cousy47 For This Useful Post:


  29. #67
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,166

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah. Just from listening to Roy's reaction and PG's from earlier today, you kind of get the sense that the players think they can win the title without anyone else's help. Almost like their pride took a hit.
    I agree they are tentative on Bynum. But I disagree with these theories about their pride taking a hit, etc. I think they want more effective pieces to win a championship. Bynum is just a wait and see kind of commodity and not one to get excited about until he's proven worth it.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  31. #68
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,166

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Candace Buckner ‏@CandaceDBuckner 48s
    After the game, Paul George said that he and Andrew Bynum have exchanged texts.
    Side bar question: How do these celebrities get each other's numbers? Do they have to know a friend of a friend to get it? Or is there some "celebrity insider's yellow pages book" or something, or do the agents provide them? I"m just curious. I know I can't just text Paul George if I decide I want to.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  32. #69
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,166

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    Quote Originally Posted by MyFavMartin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could posters please stick to tonight's game and leave the Bynum discussion for the Bynum threads?
    Probably not.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  33. #70
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    136

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Most of those turnovers were caused by us playing cute or trying to make SportsCenter Top 10 play. **** that ****, that aint us, we gotta get back to the "wear em down and knock their asses out" philosophy.
    You make a good point. I think that our team got cocky. For much of the early part of this season, we weren't having any trouble at all beating teams. Those were the games where Lance was let loose a bit. (Remember the near-triple double when he had to be pulled because he was forcing it?) I think that we may have gotten used to being able to play to the crowd a little bit....especially at home.

    The early part of the season was great and we need to get back to that. They came out of the gate trying to prove that Indiana is the team to beat this season. We established that, all the media agreed that we were the better team than Miami right now, and I think that may have gotten into the heads of our players.

    I hope some big time national sports writer (or best of all, Reggie) comes out and says this team isn't ready to win a title. I feel like this Pacers team plays best when they have something to prove. We have gotten lazy over the last few weeks as if we expect to just show up and win. We are the best team in the league, but you still have to try hard every night.

  34. #71

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    Yeah we have to stop pretending we are the Heat. Stop turning it over trying for highlights and stop whining to the Zebras

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:


  36. #72
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,540

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    7 shot attempts in any game for David West is too low, especially when he has Pierce on him. The good news though is that West was once again feeling it on the attempts he had. He has been on absolute fire over the last couple of weeks. It's a great sign to see him recapture some of last year's form. His assists and rebounds were key too.

    Glad to see Roy have a big night on the field and success against KG.

    The four two turnovers from Lance were bad and a couple of them were awful decisions, but the positives still drastically outweighed the negatives with him, as they always do. He had a couple of great dimes and rebounded well. I love seeing his mid range jumper drop. Had a couple of great takes too. I think he should shoot the ball more than 8 times. He has become such a good and efficient scorer.

    I wish PG would take it to the rack more consistently. 20 points is a "ho hum" game from him. That's how good he is.

    The bench was awful again. Granger has looked pretty bad lately. Got swatted badly by KG and threw the ball away a couple of times. Another time they forced a jump ball. He just couldn't make anything happen when he took it to the rack unless he was fouled.

    Livingston torched us. I'm tired of opposing starting guards having a field day against us. KG was drilling those long jumpers as if it was 2008 in Boston. The Nets competed hard last night and are definitely a better team than when we last saw them. I'd like to see them stay in the 7 spot and play Miami in the first round. They wouldn't beat them, but they would give a lot of effort. Hopefully they'd give them some hard fouls and beat them up a little.

    No matter how great you are, it's very very hard to beat the same opponent four times in a single season. I'm not going to be too critical of last night's game for that reason alone.

  37. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  38. #73
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,540

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Side bar question: How do these celebrities get each other's numbers? Do they have to know a friend of a friend to get it? Or is there some "celebrity insider's yellow pages book" or something, or do the agents provide them? I"m just curious. I know I can't just text Paul George if I decide I want to.
    I'm sure that the team just gave him Bynum's digits.

  39. #74
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    this is blasphemous

    Don't worry Mr. White, it's an Adam Sandler movie, noone will see it.

  40. #75
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    That, or agents.

  41. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •