Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 93

Thread: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,103

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    Pacers win. It was ugly. Turnovers not fun. Fanbase still unhappy with play.

  2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,856

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    Win is a win is a win.

    I'll take it!

    We most definitely should not be happy or satisfied with our play, however.

    Lots of things need addressing.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    Winning assketball.

  6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,835

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    So far from firing on all cylinders.

    Lumbering lummox Bynum will fix it all.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Member BobbyMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Homeless Traveler
    Posts
    1,170
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    Pacers win tonite despite not playing well (way too many turnovers) but like a good team will they found a way to win. One other thing I want to mention. Quinn has really improved this year as a commentator. He is spending far less time with extraneous yakking and is really giving very good analysis of the game.

  10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BobbyMac For This Useful Post:


  11. #6
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn


    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:


  13. #7
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,856

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Not sure what is funnier:

    - Luis throwing the ball of Pierce's back.
    or
    - Two different Nyets drawing flopping fines on the same play.

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:


  15. #8

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    People are talking about Hibbert's lack of enthusiasm regarding Bynum when questioned.... wasn't paying attention to the interview- was it that obvious?
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  16. #9
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,103

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People are talking about Hibbert's lack of enthusiasm regarding Bynum when questioned.... wasn't paying attention to the interview- was it that obvious?
    Yeah. Just from listening to Roy's reaction and PG's from earlier today, you kind of get the sense that the players think they can win the title without anyone else's help. Almost like their pride took a hit.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  18. #10
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,835

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah. Just from listening to Roy's reaction and PG's from earlier today, you kind of get the sense that the players think they can win the title without anyone else's help. Almost like their pride took a hit.
    Get the POV, and certainly think anything less than an EC championship right now is a disappointment.

    Don't know how we stack up if OKC comes out of West - although Bynum probably doesn't make a significant difference anyway.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  19. #11
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,081

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah. Just from listening to Roy's reaction and PG's from earlier today, you kind of get the sense that the players think they can win the title without anyone else's help. Almost like their pride took a hit.
    I agree they are tentative on Bynum. But I disagree with these theories about their pride taking a hit, etc. I think they want more effective pieces to win a championship. Bynum is just a wait and see kind of commodity and not one to get excited about until he's proven worth it.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  21. #12
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,808
    Mood

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People are talking about Hibbert's lack of enthusiasm regarding Bynum when questioned.... wasn't paying attention to the interview- was it that obvious?
    I don't get everyone trying to judge the players reactions to the questions about Bynum. They can't be enthusiast or positive about him under the circumstances. They just can't hype up Bynum, doesn't mean the players hate or dislike the signing.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:


  23. #13
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't get everyone trying to judge the players reactions to the questions about Bynum. They can't be enthusiast or positive about him under the circumstances. They just can't hype up Bynum, doesn't mean the players hate or dislike the signing.
    Like West said earlier when asked about Bynum: What did Larry say?
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:


  25. #14

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn


    Last edited by rock747; 02-01-2014 at 10:07 PM.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:


  27. #15
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    transcript of texts released:

    Bynum: wanna go bowling?

    PG: nah, game 2night vs nets

    Bynum: come on skip it. let's go bowling!

    PG: [no response]

    Bynum: bowling BOWLING BOWLING!!!!

  28. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  29. #16
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,835

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    Hibbert expectations sounded LOOOOOW for the lummox.

    Could be tactical avoidance of course.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  30. #17

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibbert expectations sounded LOOOOOW for the lummox.

    Could be tactical avoidance of course.
    does anyone have video of the interview?
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  31. #18
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,103

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    A couple of semi-related tidbits:

    The Washington Professional Basketball Team beat the Thunders in the District tonight, so the Pacers can now lay claim to the league's best record once more.

    I flipped over to the Suns/Bobcats game after the Pacers game ended and the Suns announcers have been yapping a lot about the Suns two wins over the Pacers, what it meant to the team, how they are perceived around the league, and how it almost validated them as a "good" team. Especially withstanding the Pacers' rally in the second game. Indirectly, high praise for us.

  32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  33. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,392

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    0-3 against the Nets last season
    4-0 against the Nets this season

    I'll take this season's results.

  34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:


  35. #20
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    I think y'all are possibly reading too much into that interview.

  36. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  37. #21
    Smooth tadscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Greenfield
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,838
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think y'all are possibly reading too much into that interview.
    Agreed. Roy is almost always emotionless and blunt/to the point in post game interviews.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:


  39. #22
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,103

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think y'all are possibly reading too much into that interview.
    It's not just that interview. The PG interview was similar. Then Candace Buckner's tweet and the other media related tweets about the Pacers players kind of having a "meh" attitude towards the signing (interestingly enough, reaction from the Heat players had similar verbage) paint the picture. Or else yeah, I would agree.

  40. #23
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not just that interview. The PG interview was similar. Then Candace Buckner's tweet and the other media related tweets about the Pacers players kind of having a "meh" attitude towards the signing (interestingly enough, reaction from the Heat players had similar verbage) paint the picture. Or else yeah, I would agree.
    Maybe I'm misinterpreting you guys' reaction to this all, then. To me, the vibe from the team is about what I would have expected. I think it would be weirder if they WERE hyped up about it. Bynum has a lot to prove based on his history.

  41. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  42. #24
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,103

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe I'm misinterpreting you guys' reaction to this all, then. To me, the vibe from the team is about what I would have expected. I think it would be weirder if they WERE hyped up about it. Bynum has a lot to prove based on his history.
    I mean if it were a move that they thought would legitimately make the team better and improve their chances, I would think they would smile or at least compliment the guy with the usual, "he's a great player, he will help us a lot" tropes. But their reactions have been a little more muted. I'm not worried about it or trying to make it a big deal, just pointing it out. I don't really think it will be a problem.

  43. #25
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,961

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post-Game Thread: Pacers beat Brooklyn

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I mean if it were a move that they thought would legitimately make the team better and improve their chances, I would think they would smile or at least compliment the guy with the usual, "he's a great player, he will help us a lot" tropes. But their reactions have been a little more muted. I'm not worried about it or trying to make it a big deal, just pointing it out. I don't really think it will be a problem.
    PG did compliment him in that interview that I saw.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •