Thread: Peyton earns 49 of 50 MVP votes

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Peyton earns 49 of 50 MVP votes

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ed-2013-season

Peyton Manning has won his fifth Associated Press NFL Most Valuable Player award in a landslide.

The Denver Broncos' record-setting quarterback, who threw for 55 touchdowns and 5,477 yards in leading the Broncos to the AFC's best record, earned 49 votes from a nationwide panel of 50 media members who regularly cover the league. New England quarterback Tom Brady got the other vote in balloting announced Saturday night.

Manning won his other MVPs with Indianapolis in 2003, '04, '08 and '09. He also was the runner-up last season to Adrian Peterson.
    Last edited by vapacersfan; 02-01-2014 at 08:48 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Peyton earns 49 of 50 MVP votes

Personally I don't care about the MVP award as I don't think they're that big a deal myself BUT if this dude voted for Brady because he's some salty Pats homer that didn't want Manning to get the unanimous vote even though he thought Manning deserved it then he shouldn't be in a position to vote.

Now if he really believes that Brady is the MVP that's cool but it doesn't seem to be the case here.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I still can't believe that this is real life. We're watching Peyton throw 55 touchdowns, break the single season yards record, win an MVP, beat the Pats in the AFCCG, and make the Super Bowl........with a different team.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Is it the same Jim Miller that wrote the ESPN book?

^its the ex-QB (Bears, mediocre)

He was also Brady's backup QB in the 2004 season the last time they Pats won the SB.

Personally I don't care that he voted for Brady I mean you can make the argument however considering he revealed that he was the one who didn't vote for Manning it screamed that this was more about a "look at me" moment for him rather than him genuinely thinking Brady was an MVP.

Now if he really feels this way that would be one thing but look at how many people are talking about him now compared to how they wouldn't talk about him if he voted for Manning like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was also Brady's backup QB in the 2004 season the last time they Pats won the SB.

Personally I don't care that he voted for Brady I mean you can make the argument however considering he revealed that he was the one who didn't vote for Manning it screamed that this was more about a "look at me" moment for him rather than him genuinely thinking Brady was an MVP.

Now if he really feels this way that would be one thing but look at how many people are talking about him now compared to how they wouldn't talk about him if he voted for Manning like everyone else.
    Yea, it's close to an interesting debate. I can almost buy the case for Brady: he had such crap around him at the skilled position compared to Manning. He was very valuable to NE. But then again, TDs was 55 to 25! Manning threw one fewer pick! Denver would have won like 2 games if Osweiler had to play! Manning was basically the team's OC!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Brady wasn't even particularly good, let alone an MVP candidate.

This is why stats should always be the only way to prove who the best is. Emotions always get in the way and they just make them look stupid. IMO.
    12/27/2005 at Spurs - SamBear - 3

1/2/2008 vs Memphis - SamBear - 19

4/9/2014 - Luis Scola also recorded a season high with 24 points and Evan Turner added 23 for Indiana.

I really feel voters who do stuff like this should have their votes stripped. Even if its not out of malice or trolling. It would only be attributable to stupidity after that.

If 49 say one person, its ridiculous to have somebody else.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

Mood

Don't think it's that big of a deal. At least the argument can be made for Brady. It's not like he have his vote to some off the wall candidate.

Oh please the arugment can not be made for Brady. His stats were similar to Andrew Lucks and he had a running game and a defense

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

Mood

I respect your opinion, but in my opinion the argument can be made. A lot of things happened for that Patriots team this year that would not have happened without Brady. The same can be said for Peyton and the Broncos but it's not like picking Brady comes out of left field.
    Last edited by travmil; 02-02-2014 at 06:42 PM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I respect your opinion, but in my opinion the argument can be made. A lot of things happened for that Patriots team this year that would not have happened without Brady. The same can be said for Peyton and the Broncos but it's not like picking Brady comes out of left field.
    A QB that had a very average season
    A QB that broke multiple upon multiple records while looking like a robot.

No, that case can not really be made. There is a reason it is 49-1.
    49 people voting legitimately.
    1 Person just being an asshat.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to khaos01207 For This Useful Post: