Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 02/01/14 Update: Andrew Bynum is a Pacer

"George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by VF21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've got my fingers crossed that he doesn't do to your team what he's done everywhere else. The guy is bat-poop nuts, a slacker and (from what I've heard from people who might know) is more capable of screwing up a locker room with stupid drama than anyone not named Dennis Rodman.

Good luck. I've got my hopes set on you kicking Lebron and the Heat right where they need to be kicked. If Bynum does anything to disrupt that, I'm not going to be a very happy playoff Pacers bandwagon fan.
    the thing is, everywhere else Bynum has been, he has been expected to be the 19/12 guy he was on the Lakers title teams. Here? Ok, give us 15 minutes a night of being big.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I think these negative worries are possible but not plausible.

I think the positive possibilities here are plausible but not probable.
    Fair enough. I think I can reasonably see an outcome unfavorable to the Pacers. Are the negatives that unreasonable to discuss them as a feasible outcome. Likely or not it is still reasonable.

Default Re: So what was Andrew's Bynum's conduct detrimental to the team??

Given Deng's recent thoughts on the Cavs, it's hard to see how Bynum could be single-handedly wrecking that locker room.

Not saying he's a choirboy, but if things don't get better when the scapegoat leaves, you've got to wonder if it was his fault.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

7. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Given Deng's recent thoughts on the Cavs, it's hard to see how Bynum could be single-handedly wrecking that locker room.

Not saying he's a choirboy, but if things don't get better when the scapegoat leaves, you've got to wonder if it was his fault.
    Yeah, the Cavs add an all-star caliber player in Deng for nothing basically and still suck horribly, there's something going wrong beyond an individual.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

"We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

"We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

15. The Following User Says Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post

This. If the Cavs got rid of all their players that have bad attitudes and lack of effort, I'd imagine half of their team would be gone.
    "George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

So if we're gonna excuse Bynum then it makes sense to excuse Bennett for his terrible start, no?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I could see David West Hulk Smashing something after saying that (yes I saw Hicks's gif).
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    So if we're gonna excuse Bynum then it makes sense to excuse Bennett for his terrible start, no?
    Here's the list of problems as far as I know:

1) Dan Gilbert isn't exactly the most popular/best owner, nor do they have a good GM.
    2) Mike Brown isn't exactly the best coach.
    3) Kyrie Irving is playing like crap, but has no one to hold him accountable.
    4) Dion Waiters is either hated by the entire team, or he hates everyone or both, but they have to play him anyway.
    5) Anthony Bennett obviously wasn't held to a high standard in the off-season, comes in out of shape and has sucked the whole season so far.
    6) Andrew Bynum was supposed to be a major factor for them but his knees and work ethic weren't in top form and was a huge disappointment.
    7) Trading him for Deng has been a disaster because Deng didn't want to leave Chicago.

And 7 might be too low of a count.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar

I can understand the players not wanting Bynum with his rings coming in and being the determining factor in a title. But that will not be the case anyway. We could win a title without him, but without Roy Hibbert I seriously doubt it.

They also need to understand that their culture and style of play is probably why he wants to be in Indy instead of Miami. Why not take credit for building this thing? The make-up of the team will change over time but the culture can remain the same. Just look at the Spurs. These Pacers could be the group that started it all.
    LeWade are going down.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I can see why Roy would not be holding the red carpet for the guy, it's his position, what he's worked really hard to be good at, he probably holds Ian at a decent standard, then the Pacers go out and sign a name player who has concerns of work ethic...don't blame him at all.

Would be like if you held a job somewhere and you were supposed to give elaborate praise on your new secretary that doesn't have the best job history, what's he supposed to say.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Yeah. I'm really starting to believe that Mike Brown might be a bad head coach that was made to look good by LeBron James. From watching several of the Cavs games, I get the feeling that he has no idea what to do at times.

I'm not going to hold anything that happened in Cleveland against him. Dion Waiters and Kyrie Irving got into a fight and Waiters reportedly wanted a trade earlier in the season. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the Cavs management that started these vague rumors about his bad attitude after they realized that he wasn't the 2011 player they were hoping they were getting. The Cavs organization is a train wreck right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

"I don't mess with West" ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The way I see it is if he comes in and single handedly ruins our chemistry, our locker room wasn't as strong as we all thought.

We will be fine.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Jarred Jack said Bynum was working hard, doing what the trainers told him and making progress. True or not who knows? Jack has the least reasons to lie. Coaches and management had more reasons to lie. Just saying.
    "Just look at the flowers ...."

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:

Bynum will play (make his debut) Tuesday February 18th at home vs. Atlanta. Or Wednesday February 19th at Minnesota on ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Bynum will play (make his debut) Tuesday February 18th at home vs. Atlanta. Or Wednesday February 19th at Minnesota on ESPN.
    Is that A guess or did you get that from somewhere?
    Paul George for 3!

35. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post

I almost want to retire his jersey only if it means we can sew this quote directly under neath his name on the banner.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    I could see David West Hulk Smashing something after saying that (yes I saw Hicks's gif).
    MagicRat's gif, good sir.

Sports Logo

Ethan Skolnick
    Bleacher Report
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...g-andrew-bynum

(snipped for relevancy)
    Oden has faced Bynum three times, when Bynum was a Laker, with Oden averaging 6.7 points and 5.0 rebounds in 23.7 minutes and Bynum averaging 8.3 points and 6.3 points in 31.0 minutes.

"It was a long time ago," Oden said, smiling.

Of course it was.

Everything with Oden was a long time ago.

The last meeting was Apr. 10, 2009.

"Nothing really stands out," Oden said.

Does he think the Pacers got Bynum, at least in part with him in mind?

"I think they got a lot of people in mind," Oden said. "You know, to get to where this team has been, you've got to pass a lot of people. It's not just us. I think they're just adding weapons, to try to help themselves. When that time comes, it's a hard road. You know, I've never been through it before, so it's going to be hard for me also."

And the Pacers like to play big.

"And hey, they just added size," Oden said.

With that, the Indianapolis native smiled again, with not much more to say.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Yeah. I'm really starting to believe that Mike Brown might be a bad head coach that was made to look good by LeBron James. From watching several of the Cavs games, I get the feeling that he has no idea what to do at times.

I'm not going to hold anything that happened in Cleveland against him. Dion Waiters and Kyrie Irving got into a fight and Waiters reportedly wanted a trade earlier in the season. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the Cavs management that started these vague rumors about his bad attitude after they realized that he wasn't the 2011 player they were hoping they were getting. The Cavs organization is a train wreck right now.
    I think you're close there... he was an incredibly good assistant coach who got lucky when Cleveland asked him to be the head coach before LeBron's 3rd year and was then made to look like a great hire thanks to the 5th best player in the league right now (Lance Stephenson, Paul George, Andrew Bynum, and Kevin Durant are above him... in that order).

You could also wonder if he was just labeled by me as an "incredibly good assistant coach," because he was lucky enough to be along for the ride with Pop's Spurs and Rick's Pacers.

You could also wonder if our boy Ronnie doesn't run into the stands, would Brown have won a ring that year and been offered more money elsewhere... missing out on LeBron.

You could wonder a lot of things, actually. I always wonder why I love women's feet.

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dgranger17 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I honestly think Brown's just way too nice. The guy's a pushover and lets the inmates run the asylum, he commands zero respect.

44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post: