Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Bynum 13-14 General Discussion

Default Re: So what was Andrew's Bynum's conduct detrimental to the team??

I heard that but then I thought it was deemed to be a rumor.

Default Re: 02/01/14 Update: Andrew Bynum is a Pacer

I read a lot of posts about David West's control of the locker room. Have never heard that from any of the players. West says Frank sets the tone for the team in practice, locker room and game. Wonder who I believe?? I would like to believe David is the wise old pro that the guys listen to and want to be like. But, I also believe Frank is the one who determines who plays and how long. Bynum's first job is to show Vogel and the coaching staff he can fit in and learn this system. Otherwise, I doubt the rest of the team ever have a need or chance to "control" him. I also agree that this is a really fun team to follow with some great guys on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is always a chance that there will be permanent damage, although it is very unlikely.
    Specifically what? And how plausible?

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cousy47 View Post
    I read a lot of posts about David West's control of the locker room. Have never heard that from any of the players. West says Frank sets the tone for the team in practice, locker room and game. Wonder who I believe?? I would like to believe David is the wise old pro that the guys listen to and want to be like. But, I also believe Frank is the one who determines who plays and how long. Bynum's first job is to show Vogel and the coaching staff he can fit in and learn this system. Otherwise, I doubt the rest of the team ever have a need or chance to "control" him. I also agree that this is a really fun team to follow with some great guys on it.
    I think it was a Montieth article (so take it with some salt), but I remember an article talking about how when guys are goofing around West is the one that tells em to chill out when it's gone too far, stuff like that.

I think people just get the general impression that he doesn't care. That and his on court actions people remember the most are 1) Flagarent foul on Barea 2) Taking an ill advised 3 3) More positively, getting a dunk on Shaq after he dunked on him and then almost getting into a fight 4) Not being on the court in the first place. His role as part of the Kobe/Pau championship teams get overshadowed by those stuff.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    Maybe Ian felt Lance didn't have his back. That Lance liked him more. Said some comment about how he like having a big with low post scoring on the bench. Maybe Ian and Lance get into something. Maybe Bynum gets frustrated and calls out Vogel to the press. Maybe instead of looking at the next opponent the players are looking at the tweets of Bynum getting mad. Maybe Bynum is sent home. Lockout. And Then it becomes a distraction. You don't have to be a mental midgit to be distracted.
    Maybe Bynum gets floor burn. Misses a rotation and West chews him out. Maybe Bynum doesn't accept it and mouths off. Maybe that quiets the locker room. Maybe West is less likely to say something to anyone.
    And you find these to be plausible?

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    I picture it more like this.....
    This is triumphant.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Enough about Bynum, let's talk about how Lance is going to eat Joe Johnson alive tonight
    I agree with you! I just hope it's not 'literaly'! I'd hate to see Lance get ejected for really tearing off chunks of JJ and chewing on them!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cousy47 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that we have Andrew Bynum, Luis Scola, and Danny Granger coming off our BENCH. If someone would have told you two years ago that this would be the Pacers 2014 bench, you would have laughed in their face. Granted, Bynum and Granger missed last year because of injury and aren't what they used to be, but still.......

This is the type of move that you make when you're going for a championship. For as great as we've been this season, we haven't eliminated Miami yet. A low risk/high reward move like this is exactly what you do when you're trying to get over that hump. When Bird took over last summer, he wasn't going to be satisfied until he exhausted every possible option to give us a championship in 2014.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

So is the coach wife thing baseless or does it have traction?

Mood

"George's athleticism is bananas!" - Marc J. Spears

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    So is the coach wife thing baseless or does it have traction?
    We'll never know but I found it interesting that Terez Owens( the one who broke the "story") had it posted that the Cavs asked him to remove the story.

My guess is there might really be truth to it or they didn't want it to spread like wildfire like the Delonte story did(even though ESPN never acknowledged it) but that was because it involved LeBron they might've if it was Bynum.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

We as Pacers fans haven't been able to say it for awhile but with one hundred % conviction.

this season is BANNER or bust. wasn't long ago we were just hoping for an 8th seed.

after reading all the chatter about how dysfunctional the cavs are, more and more I get the feeling Bynum just wants to win. I cant remember any locker room issues while w the lakers, it was mainly knee issues. hell anyone can bump heads w kobe. reference shaq, and d12.

philly?? bad team as well.

bottom line is this: we needed a third big. and if I had my preference b/t Oden or Bynum,,, I would go Bynum. win a Title this season and I could see this team bringing back everyone that has bought into the program.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    We'll never know but I found it interesting that Terez Owens( the one who broke the "story") had it posted that the Cavs asked him to remove the story.

My guess is there might really be truth to it or they didn't want it to spread like wildfire like the Delonte story did(even though ESPN never acknowledged it) but that was because it involved LeBron they might've if it was Bynum.
    Well, of course the Cavs asked him to remove it. That would be the case whether it was true or not, most certainly doesn't mean its more likely to be true.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tadscout View Post

Vogel said "we'll just say, right now, a few weeks" till he plays.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I remember Jarred Jack saying Bynum was working hard everyday, doing what the training staff told him and that he was making good progress. That is what Jack had to say just when the Cavs released him, opposite of what other reports said. We all know the Cavs are a mess.

He's a Pacer now so I'll be rooting hard for it to work out.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    Well, of course the Cavs asked him to remove it. That would be the case whether it was true or not, most certainly doesn't mean its more likely to be true.
    True but they never did that with the Delonte story though which involved a far bigger star. Plus its a sports gossip website it posts a ton of stuff about teams/coaches etc and no team has ever asked them to remove any of the content as far as I can recall which is why this stood out.

Regardless we'll never know so until proven otherwise its not legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    And you find these to be plausible?
    The only possible scenario I could think of is if he befriends someone things go sour and the guy takes Bynums side. Like I said it is unlikely, but it isn't impossible. You never really know what will happen when you introduce a new element into a mixture.

If our team is so weak mentally that one man (who could be sent home at the drop of a dime without Larry batting an eye) could disrupt our chemistry indefinitely then we are much further from a championship level TEAM than we thought... No worries mon!
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to J7F For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think I read something about the supposed "coach's wife" story didn't have much to stand on cause the "supposed coach" isn't even married.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jrwannabe For This Useful Post:

Mood

33. The Following User Says Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post:

Mood

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Yes I find any of those scenarios as possible. They have happened before. I chose not to think everything is iron clad. If chemistry and play can strengthen if a player is added... Why is it so dismissed that if a player is added the chemistry and play can be hurt?
    Last edited by Major Cold; 02-01-2014 at 07:14 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    Yes I find any of those scenarios as possible. They have happened before. I chose not to think everything is iron clad. If chemistry and play can strengthen if a player is added... Why is it so dismissed that if a player is added the chemistry and play can be hurt?
    I don't wanna equate us to the cheatriots level and its a team I just despise but I use it as an analogy because when a team has solid ownership and a vet or two with leadership a solid organization can get away w these types of moves.

alas rasheed Wallace w pistons back n day as well. I always despised how the cheatriots would pickup has beens or guys w bad issues and it more often than not benefit them (corey Dillon, randy moss, aquib talib, so on so forth) and if dudes stepped out of line (haynesworth, ochocinco) they toss em to the curb.

pacers cant play it like big market teams and go over the cap to improve. we got to find ways to improve by finding players that are written off and that can come in at a minimal risk.

we may disagree on the risk part... but this team needed a 3rd big and with our cap situation it was not gonna happen via trade. at least finding a viable option.

put simply. if Bynum steps out of line Bird wont hesitate to send him his walking papers. he did it with tinsley at 6M per. he aint gonna think twice if bynum doesn't get with the program.

the upside is bynum wants to win and wants to contribute and that will be huge for our 2nd unit. I like what mahinmi has given recently but we just found a former all star on the cheap. sure it aint bynum from the lakers but we don't really need him to be either.

im sorry... but the game he played vs the bulls where he dominated noah is valid reason to roll the dice.

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

Mood

39. The Following User Says Thank You to tadscout For This Useful Post: