Thread: NY Post:Giants passed fake ‘game-worn’ gear to fans so Eli could keep real items: lawsuit

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default NY Post:Giants passed fake ‘game-worn’ gear to fans so Eli could keep real items: lawsuit

http://nypost.com/2014/01/30/eli-and...orabilia-suit/

For years, the Giants operated a racket in which they “repeatedly engaged in the distribution of fraudulent Giants memorabilia,” Inselberg claims.
    They then “coerced and intimidated” Wagner and the Skibas “into lying to the FBI about it,” the suit alleges.

“When the Government came knocking on the Giants’ door, the response was a coverup that threw Inselberg under the bus to protect themselves and the team,” according to court papers.
    The suit names Manning, the Giants, Inc., CEO John Mara, team lawyer William Heller, CFO Christine Procops, Wagner, the Skiba brothers and dry cleaner Barone as defendants.

Default Re: NY Post:Giants passed fake ‘game-worn’ gear to fans so Eli could keep real items: lawsuit

I did hear about this its possible but I question the timing of this reminds me of the Ray Lewis deer antler spray and nothing came of it.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: NY Post:Giants passed fake ‘game-worn’ gear to fans so Eli could keep real items: lawsuit

Sometimes you read something and think, "The reasoning for doing something like this doesn't even really make sense." Like Eli has to sell fake **** to make a few more thousand dollars on top of his heaps of millions. He wants to keep his originals? So keep them. Canton wants one? Put it in there, it's still yours on loan, I never knew that players "sell" their gear to the HoF...

This guy was indicted on memorabilia fraud and they were dropped. Still really fishy.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 01-31-2014 at 10:06 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Get well soon PG! Believe_in_blue's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

This almost sounds like an Onion article