Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: All star reserves

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: All star reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So he should be an All-Star?

By that logic Robert Horry should have had 5 All-Star appearances.

Again, I love West, but he has not been All-Star caliber this year, I'm shocked anyone thinks otherwise.
    He was in the conversation because a) The Pacers have the best record in the league and b) Coaches and players league wide have a ton of respect for David West. So on that point, the antithesis of Lance Stephenson, it would appear.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't put enough stock in the quirky All-Star selection process to say that it will impact Lance's price tag. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think a team will come with the same offer after the selection process as they were going to before the selection process.
    I think the playoffs will inform the $2-3M swing we're not sure about. But maybe I put too much stock in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    Someone should let Coach Vogel know he is being "unrealistic."
    Yea, it's almost like he assumed Lance was in and wanted to get four Pacers in there.

It's interesting though. Maybe Lance will be offered smaller contracts than what people expect.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    He was in the conversation because a) The Pacers have the best record in the league and b) Coaches and players league wide have a ton of respect for David West. So on that point, the antithesis of Lance Stephenson, it would appear.
    I agree.

Everyone respects DWest. However, people here are arguing he has played like an All-Star this year - that is simply not true.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

WOW Joe Johnson in.

That is patently absurd. Holy ****. Joe Johnson? Really? Lance Stephenson and Arron Afflalo should be livid right now.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

DWEST should get the nod over Lance imho. not a slight on lance at all. but DWEST is a BAMF. my thoughts are DWEST would rather it be Lance so he can get some rest. Can a player decline the invite if he so chooses?
    I'm as big of a David West fan as anyone, but he simply has not had an all-star level season this year. Last year he definitely deserved to make it, but not this year.

Lance has had an all-star season though.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    What a joke.

If Lance isn't an All Star, I don't know who is.
    David West

Hope Lance uses this experience as another maturation opportunity. I hope he didn't expect it or doesn't pout about it.

He keeps playing the way he's played this year (within himself, more focus on quality and less flash), and he'll be an All-Star soon enough. On this team. Count on it.

Mood

****ing Joe Johnson.....are u kidding me?

Lance should have made it over Johnson. I would have taken Lowry over DeRozan too, but I'm fine with either one.

In the West, I would have picked Dragic over Harden. Harden has been one of the very worst defenders in the league this season.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

So Lance wasn't even next in line. Jeez.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

By that logic Robert Horry should have had 5 All-Star appearances.
    And I am the one being told not to be unrealistic.?

From my understanding all star selections are often determined by overall team success. If our team success considers DWEST the second best option at the end of the game then yes, I would consider DWEST as the player who should represent the Pacers over Lance Stephenson.

I love Lance as much as the next pacer fan, but I am willing to bet money that if we are drawing up a play to win the game Lance is the 4th option behind PG, DWEST, G Hill (how many game winners did Hill hit for us last season).

Per the tweet below I would presume Coach Vogel believes the same.

Anyone that thinks Lance has a bigger impact on this teams success is very "unrealistic." From the sound of Lances' comments I don't even believe he would suggest that his importance is more vital to this teams success than DWEST.

the Robert Horry line is completely illiogical and has no relevance whatsoever to the point being made. whats next.. D Fisher the Lakers ex player who hit bigtime game winners had more importance to those teams than did Kobe, Shaq, Gasol or LO?

My point is DWEST is in fact more instrumental to this teams success currently than Lance is. not a knock on Lance, because I almost can say the very same of Hibbert.

Without DWEST you would see a ****ton of double teams on Roy and PG along with Lance. DWEST's presence alone allows others to succeed. Nevermind the fact the guy is who we want to have the ball in his hands more often than not at the end of a game.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    Yea, it's almost like he assumed Lance was in and wanted to get four Pacers in there.
    DWEST has absolutely zero interest in taking part in the ASG activities. I would trust that Coach Vogel is aware and fine with allowing DWEST an extra weekend of rest.

Lance is a top 25 player in this league. He might even be our most consistent player. Very undervalued. But hopefully he remains to be undervalued this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    Lance is a top 25 player in this league. He might even be our most consistent player. Very undervalued. But hopefully he remains to be undervalued this offseason.
    Lance is a lot of things, but our most consistent player he is not. Hell he's probably our most inconsistent player.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Lol

This is the biggest snub of all time!! I cannot remember ever when the top SG in the conference doesn't make the team. Beyond ridiculous
    David "And One" West

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

They need to pick the best 24 players regardless of conference Joe Johnson making the team is a joke. West had 3-4 guys who deserved to be in the game who make it under the format I suggest.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I agree.

Everyone respects DWest. However, people here are arguing he has played like an All-Star this year - that is simply not true.
    I am arguing he deserves the AS appearance over Lance if a 3rd pacer is nominated. Not that DWEST should be an all star which he clearly has no interest in.. so by default Coach Vogel would probably "campaign" more so for Lance knowing full well DWEST would prefer the rest.

Honestly, these all star games are a joke to me anyways and I would prefer all the Pacers skip it and just get extra rest. Let Vogel coach and have bron, bosh, and gimpy dwade play all 48 minutes.

Simply basing it on who I believe is more vital to this teams success and I would place DWEST as potentially second behind only PG.

for those arguing Lance,, your essentially saying Lances has a more prominent role on this teams success than DWEST ??????????
    Last edited by PacersPride; 01-30-2014 at 07:25 PM.

Sports Logo

Knowing what Lance can do and how much of a showboat he is, can be and IMHO wants to be....I think that not including Lance is a mistake. Not because he deserves it over other Players....but purely from an entertainment perspective. Who wouldn't want to see Lance playing in a game ( on a national audience ) where he's allowed to go all "Rutgers Park" without any care of committing a turnover?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I love Lance as much as the next pacer fan, but I am willing to bet money that if we are drawing up a play to win the game Lance is the 4th option behind PG, DWEST, G Hill (how many game winners did Hill hit for us last season).
    Your entire post was filled with a lack of logic or understanding of basketball, IMO, but this part in particular is about as flawed as they get. Guys like Shaq, Wilt, Rodman, Rondo, etc. often aren't or weren't even in at the end of games. Just because a player isn't the guy you draw up a play for, doesn't mean he's not arguably the most integral part of your team. We took the league's best defender out of the end of the Miami game in the postseason last year. Does that mean that Roy's a poor defender, because he was taken out on the most crucial defensive possession of the game? Also, odds are likely that while Lance isn't taking the last shot, he's the one you'd most likely have creating it.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I'm as big of a David West fan as anyone, but he simply has not had an all-star level season this year. Last year he definitely deserved to make it, but not this year.

Lance has had an all-star season though.
    Again... so then I can assume you believe Lance is more vital to this team winning an NBA Championship than DWEST. who gives a ripp about AS appearances. Im talking NBA Championship Banners.

I have to respectfully disagree that Lance is more vital to this team hanging a banner than is DWEST and will simply leave it at that.