Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 73

Thread: Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread

  1. #1
    Member rabid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    2,464

    Default Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread

    Guess I'll do it this time.

    Haven't checked the stats but our shooting seemed terrible. Maybe it can be written off as the 5th game of a 10-day road trip.

    Luckily we found defensive energy for most of the 3rd quarter and flashes of the 4th. And it helps that the Lakers are just plain bad without Kobe/Nash.

    EDIT: I did get to see two of these 5 games in person (7th row halfcourt for the PG 4-point play and overtime in Sactown!), both wins, and got to meet Seth, so a pretty cool road trip overall
    Last edited by rabid; 01-29-2014 at 01:21 AM.

  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rabid For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    PD Magician Magic P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,906

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread

    Wasn't Nash suppose to play but he hurt his back at his home? Just retire Nash.

    Nice win, now time to get some revenge when we play the Suns. The PG hate is about to start in 3..2..1..

  4. #3
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,847

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread

    On the whole our jumpers aren't falling, but luckily Lance and Hill have been playing aggressive and attacking the rim. PG should have done more of that tonight too. And Danny. Still want to see more of Danny operating in the post. Good things tend to happen, like his little pass to Scola in the fourth.

    Also, 56% from the FT line.... yeesh. I think getting back home will be a very good thing.

    Also the Lakers are terrible, but are fantastic at missing shots horribly. Oh my some good laughs tonight.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Bring Back Bender bballpacen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,037

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread

    Just because a player has an off night, and he is going to catch some flak about it does not mean that anyone is "hating" on PG... Its funny to hear that from someone who is constantly bashing the likes of GH3, Hibbert and Granger...

  7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bballpacen For This Useful Post:


  8. #5

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread

    4 straight over the Lakers in Staples. Remember how long it took to get the first one?

  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LuckSwagger For This Useful Post:


  10. #6
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,965

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread

    The best thing about this game is that we controlled the pace. That's something that we didn't do in the last 4 games and it was nice to see.

    It's also nice to see our bench giving us good minutes once again. They played very well at the start of the 4th.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  12. #7

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread

    Nice balance attack from the starters and the bench for the win. Even with PG struggling the team still managed to pull away at the latter part of the 2nd half. He'll get back on the track the next game.

  13. #8
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,847

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    4 straight over the Lakers in Staples. Remember how long it took to get the first one?
    does the first one of this streak go back to the Murphy tip in game winner?

  14. #9
    High Flyers ThA HoyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pasco, wa
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,513

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    does the first one of this streak go back to the Murphy tip in game winner?
    That was in Indiana wasn't it? Marquis Daniels drives to the basket airballs right to Murphy (a rebound he didn't steal ha!)

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThA HoyA For This Useful Post:


  16. #10
    PD Magician Magic P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,906

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bballpacen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just because a player has an off night, and he is going to catch some flak about it does not mean that anyone is "hating" on PG... Its funny to hear that from someone who is constantly bashing the likes of GH3, Hibbert and Granger...
    But PG is notorious for having a bad first half of the season, he usually gets going sometime after the all-star break. We should take it easy on him.

  17. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    418

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread

    Good thing Lakers are a poor team because we couldn't hit anything...again.

    WE ARE NOT A (good) JUMP SHOOTING TEAM!!

    "But it's so easy, and they leave us open!"

    I get tired of hearing myself say "inside out".

  18. #12
    High Flyers ThA HoyA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Pasco, wa
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,513

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But PG is notorious for having a bad first half of the season, he usually gets going sometime after the all-star break. We should take it easy on him.
    He seemed to force his shots more than normal which makes sense since he was back in LA. I don't care if he takes that many shots and misses them as long as they are good shots. Just thought he forced it a bit too much today. Can't wait to see him bounce back Thursday against PHX

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to ThA HoyA For This Useful Post:


  20. #13
    Bring Back Bender bballpacen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,037

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But PG is notorious for having a bad first half of the season, he usually gets going sometime after the all-star break. We should take it easy on him.
    WTF are you getting this?? I think that PG has has a helluva start to this season.. This is the first time coming into a season that PG is the man... There is no real precedent to say that he starts off the season bad... To the contrary, I would argue the opposite based on this year... And no one is bashing PG... He is more or less put on a pedastle here, but when he has a bad game, there is no harm in calling him out on it, especially when I would bet that he would be the first to do so...

  21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bballpacen For This Useful Post:


  22. #14

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread

    The PG hate at PacersDigest is my favorite imaginary creature.

  23. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  24. #15
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,856

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread

    Here is the analogy for the Pacers and Lakers over the last decade until now.

    The Pacers were sort of like the little kid who got bullied by the big, tough, nasty and brutish Lakers. But all of a sudden they hit a growth spurt and became this behemoth juggernaut while the former brute contracted polio, is stuck in a wheelchair, has partial blindness, and can no longer use the bathroom without assistance.

    In other words, I don't even really take pleasure from beating them at this point, because they're just so bad.

    They have like 3 NBA quality players on their active roster. Their star players are all on the wrong side of 30, with chronic injuries, and everyone else (apart from Gasol, Marshall and Young) belongs in the D-League or overseas.

    But, you know what? I lived in Los Angeles for WAY too many years with nothing but ignorant Laker bandwagon-fans constantly chirping my ear off to really feel bad for them.

    Screw the Lakers.



    Good win. Let's get back home!
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:


  26. #16
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    18,965

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bballpacen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    WTF are you getting this?? I think that PG has has a helluva start to this season.. This is the first time coming into a season that PG is the man... There is no real precedent to say that he starts off the season bad... To the contrary, I would argue the opposite based on this year...
    It's pretty clear that he's being ironic, my friend. The "slow start" comment is clearly a jab at those who say that Granger is notorious for having slow starts.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  27. #17
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,847

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But PG is notorious for having a bad first half of the season, he usually gets going sometime after the all-star break. We should take it easy on him.
    you say that like Danny never got **** for his slow starts.

  28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  29. #18
    PD Magician Magic P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,906

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bballpacen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    WTF are you getting this?? I think that PG has has a helluva start to this season.. This is the first time coming into a season that PG is the man... There is no real precedent to say that he starts off the season bad... To the contrary, I would argue the opposite based on this year... And no one is bashing PG... He is more or less put on a pedastle here, but when he has a bad game, there is no harm in calling him out on it, especially when I would bet that he would be the first to do so...
    I was being sarcastic, that's the excuse Danny lovers used when he was healthy and was the face of the franchise. If you said anything bad about Danny's play you were told he always got off to slow starts and he'll get better come March and April.

    But we all know it's different with PG, he better start the season off fast, play well in the middle and finish the season off strong or he's going to hear it from

    The coloured part just got an infraction, stop those kind of negatove connotations, they're outright insulting other posters. it ends. there is nothing wrong in being a fan of ANY of the Pacer players or ANY player for that matter, it is however VERY wrong to use the term in a derogatory way.

  30. #19
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,847

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by solid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good thing Lakers are a poor team because we couldn't hit anything...again.

    WE ARE NOT A (good) JUMP SHOOTING TEAM!!

    "But it's so easy, and they leave us open!"

    I get tired of hearing myself say "inside out".
    eh, PG has been pretty money from mid range. As is West. Scola was pre-funk as well. Lance was better tonight about attacking rather than settling for jumpers.

    But we can always attack the rim more. We need to get to the line more as a team. Also need to shoot better than 56% from it...

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  32. #20
    Bring Back Bender bballpacen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,037

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's pretty clear that he's being ironic, my friend. The "slow start" comment is clearly a jab at those who say that Granger is notorious for having slow starts.
    Yeah, I got that later... I also just now get that it is ok to chronically "hate" a player, unless it is PG... Then you cannot call him out on a bad game, for it is blasphamy to do so...

  33. #21
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,847

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was being sarcastic, that's the excuse Danny lovers used when he was healthy and was the face of the franchise. If you said anything bad about Danny's play you were told he always got off to slow starts and he'll get better come March and April.

    But we all know it's different with PG, he better start the season off fast, play well in the middle and finish the season off strong or he's going to hear it from PD.
    Yup, all we do is bash on George. Not like over 60% of us think the PG era will be better than the Miller era http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...eed-Miller-Era

    The criticism PG gets here is either on nights like tonight, which aren't often, where he shoots TERRIBLY, when he complains to the refs too much, or if he celebrates a bit too much. Every single player on this roster gets criticized for the same things when they do it.

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  35. #22
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,439
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread

    The Lakers are really, really bad. Yikes.

    That said the Pacers really had to grind out a win here, which sometimes in the NBA you have to do. Playing a bad team on their court with a target on your back being the last game of a west coast swing can be tough. I am glad Indy won this game.

  36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:


  37. #23
    Bring Back Bender bballpacen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,037

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was being sarcastic, that's the excuse Danny lovers used when he was healthy and was the face of the franchise. If you said anything bad about Danny's play you were told he always got off to slow starts and he'll get better come March and April.

    But we all know it's different with PG, he better start the season off fast, play well in the middle and finish the season off strong or he's going to hear it from PD.
    Even though I know you wont care to know that even the most staunch of supporters of Granger complained about his slow starts...

    So, you hate Granger, and all of those who supported Granger in any form or fashion... I get it... There is no reasoning or rationing with you, Back to ignore you go...

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to bballpacen For This Useful Post:


  39. #24
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,564

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yup, all we do is bash on George. Not like over 60% of us think the PG era will be better than the Miller era http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthre...eed-Miller-Era

    The criticism PG gets here is either on nights like tonight, which aren't often, where he shoots TERRIBLY, when he complains to the refs too much, or if he celebrates a bit too much. Every single player on this roster gets criticized for the same things when they do it.
    Lance and PG24 are the only players you really can't criticize on this board. West is a distant fourth.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  41. #25
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,439
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Lakers Postgame Thread

    This board is very bizarre sometimes. It seems like on every game thread there is the sterotypical "lets everyone freak out because xxxxxxx had a bad game" sarcastic type post when in reality there is typically a very few number of overreactors.


    It is seemingly becoming overreactors reacting overreactors. Blah.

  42. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •