Thread: Tim Tebow to co-host Good Morning America on Friday

Default Tim Tebow to co-host Good Morning America on Friday

I admit I am curious what he would say about Denver

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...gma-on-friday/

Tebow to co-host GMA on Friday

In Denver, Tim Tebow jumped a spot on the depth chart. In his new place of employment, Tebow is jumping past a lot more rungs than that.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Tebow will co-host ABCís Good Morning America on Friday.

The connection is obvious. Tebow now works for ESPN, and Disney owns both ABC and ESPN.

Still, itís a meteoric rise for a guy who, despite having a clear connection to the location of the game (he played for the Jets) and one of the teams involved in it (he played for the Broncos), remains as green as green can be when it comes to the world of TV.

Still, Tebow continues to sell to a mainstream audience, which is precisely the demographic to which the morning shows cater.

The development comes in the same week that ESPNís Skip Bayless actually wondered aloud whether Tebow could have led this Broncos team to the Super Bowl.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Tim Tebow to co-host Good Morning America on Friday

He will say how happy he is for his former teammates and that he loves seeing them succeed. And that Peyton is a living legend.

I haven't seen him on ESPN yet, but this seems very out of his range right now. Sure he can speak, but being a host is a whole different ball game. Maybe he will be better at that one though...

He was talking more about the strategies involved etc so I thought that actually worked for him.

But yeah I don't think he'll say anything bad about Denver either.

assuming PG gets back... Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He will say how happy he is for his former teammates and that he loves seeing them succeed. And that Peyton is a living legend.

I haven't seen him on ESPN yet, but this seems very out of his range right now. Sure he can speak, but being a host is a whole different ball game. Maybe he will be better at that one though...
    I saw him a little on ESPN during the BCS game coverage, he was pretty good considering how little seasoning he has in the field. He's always been an affable guy.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Apparently he has a couple of SB commercials this year... (BTW I hate that they're giving teasers for the commercials it kills the whole point of it we're supposed to be surprised)

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/01/tim-...wl-commercial/

Tim Tebow's new Super Bowl commercial is hilarious and spectacular

Tim Tebow may not be playing in the Super Bowl, but heíll still make an appearance on your TV this Sunday.

The former New York Jets and Denver Broncos quarterback will star in two T-Mobile Super Bowl XLVIII commercials that poke fun at the fact that he doesnít have a NFL contract. In the 30-second ads, Tebow shows us why itís better to not be under contract. He starts out by saying, ďEveryone thinks I want a contract, but without one, Iíve done so much this year.Ē

In real life, he has. Since he doesnít have any football obligations, he was able to be an ESPN College GameDay analyst at the BCS Championship, and Friday morning he joined Good Morning America. In the commercials, Tebow shows that without a contract, he can ride bulls, do stand-up comedy, deliver a baby and become a rock star. Itís pretty funny.

Whether you love or hate Tebow, you have to appreciate his ability to be self-deprecating and as he says, ďdo something that is out of your comfort zone.Ē

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...morning-732301

Tim Tebow Joins 'Good Morning America' as Contributor

Tim Tebow is headed to Good Morning America.

Recommended

The Hollywood Reporter Names 2014's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media

Already ingrained in the Disney-ABC family as an ESPN analyst, Tebow officially makes his debut on the current No. 1 morning talk show as the newest contributor on Sept. 15.

In his new role, Tebow is expected to appear in the GMA studio and in cities across the U.S. as he launches GMA's "Motivate Me Monday" series, which spotlights individuals and their stories of triumph.

Tebow, the former Denver Broncos quarterback, debuted on GMA on Jan. 31 as a guest host after inking a deal with ESPN in December. His last appearance on GMA was tied to the Super Bowl in February.

In addition to his role for Disney-ABC, Tebow also serves as a SEC Network expert. Live! With Kelly and Michael co-host and former New York Giants star Michael Strahan also is a part-time GMA contributor.

GMA is anchored by Robin Roberts, George Stephanopoulos and Lara Spencer. Tom Cibrowski is senior executive producer.

Tebow should try to be a pitcher for the Cleveland Indians. Could you imagine ESPN with Bron, Johnny, and Timmy all in the same town?

assuming PG gets back... Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

good for him, he'll probably be good at it

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am rooting for the guy. He has liven an exemplary life and with the Ray Rice, Levenson, Danny Ferry stuff going on it is nice to see someone who has used their platform for good purposes.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post: