Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 126 to 132 of 132

Thread: ESPN Insider: Do Pacers have best shot at Lowry?

  1. #126
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,748

    Default Re: ESPN Insider: Do Pacers have best shot at Lowry?

    Quote Originally Posted by Karlton View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The fascination with moving Hill is primarily about paying Lance, not about moving Hill.
    For you, that's true. But if people are looking at Lowry as a long-term solution, then they're looking at losing both Hill and Lance.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  3. #127
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,670

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN Insider: Do Pacers have best shot at Lowry?

    Quote Originally Posted by Karlton View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The fascination with moving Hill is primarily about paying Lance, not about moving Hill.
    I agree with you that that is PART of the reason.....removing GH from the 2014-2015 Salary Cap equation would make a HUGE difference.

    But I also think that there are a lot of people that simply think that GH is overpaid for what he does, doesn't deliver what they think a Point Guard should deliver ( assists ) and therefore should be replaced with another PG that is way cheaper or simply have Lance take over as the de facto Point Guard on the floor while getting another Wing Player to fill the roster spot.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  5. #128
    Member InYaFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Görmany
    Posts
    491

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN Insider: Do Pacers have best shot at Lowry?

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At worse, Lowry would perform on par with Hill. The point of such a trade would be to ensure that Lance is kept in the offseason. Yes, you would thus lose a starting point guard. But once again, point guards are the most replaceable position on a basketball team and you do not have to overpay to sing even a quality one. Lance, however, is not replaceable.
    Ehr...so when pointguard is the most replacable position, why did the Pacers have so much trouble to sign a decent one in the past??? Jamal Tinsley, Travis Diener, TJ Ford, AJ Price, Earl Watson, Darren Collison, George Hill...it's obvious that the Pacers constantly got better but I wouldn't go as far and say that pointguard is a position where you can sign a quality guy on the cheap. Do you have some guards in your mind? Ramon Sessions, Jerryd Bayless, Avery Bradley, Shaun Livingston, Marquis Teague, Raymond Felton, Pablo Prigioni, Beno Udrih, DJ Augustine, Dwight Buycks, Kyle Lowry, Greivis Vasquez, Kirk Hinrich, Will Bynum, Chauncey Billups, Luke Ridnour, Brandon Knight, Louis Williams, Dennis Schröder, Kemba Walker, Mario Chalmers, Toney Douglas, Eric Maynor, Kendall Marshall, Devin Harris, Aaron Brooks, Patrick Beverly, Nick Calathes, Patrick Mills, Nando De Colo, Nate Robinson, JJ Barea, Ricky Rubio, Dereck Fisher, Reggie Jackson, John Lucas 3rd, Jordan Crawford, Steve Blake, Chris Duhon, Eric Bledsoe, Isaiah Thomas...

    I checked every team (I definitley missed out on some guys), but the bolded parts are players who I would consider "quality" if u want and the underlined are talented in my opinion or sleepers...I left out the PGs I consider teams to keep cause they are young and or bound. I took no one who earns more than Hill. I think nearly every bolded player wants a big payday in teh near future, so I don't know who you consider a cheap option in the next years to come who can start on the best team in the league and play heavy minutes?!

  6. #129
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,670

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN Insider: Do Pacers have best shot at Lowry?

    Quote Originally Posted by InYaFace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ehr...so when pointguard is the most replacable position, why did the Pacers have so much trouble to sign a decent one in the past??? Jamal Tinsley, Travis Diener, TJ Ford, AJ Price, Earl Watson, Darren Collison, George Hill...it's obvious that the Pacers constantly got better but I wouldn't go as far and say that pointguard is a position where you can sign a quality guy on the cheap. Do you have some guards in your mind? Ramon Sessions, Jerryd Bayless, Avery Bradley, Shaun Livingston, Marquis Teague, Raymond Felton, Pablo Prigioni, Beno Udrih, DJ Augustine, Dwight Buycks, Kyle Lowry, Greivis Vasquez, Kirk Hinrich, Will Bynum, Chauncey Billups, Luke Ridnour, Brandon Knight, Louis Williams, Dennis Schröder, Kemba Walker, Mario Chalmers, Toney Douglas, Eric Maynor, Kendall Marshall, Devin Harris, Aaron Brooks, Patrick Beverly, Nick Calathes, Patrick Mills, Nando De Colo, Nate Robinson, JJ Barea, Ricky Rubio, Dereck Fisher, Reggie Jackson, John Lucas 3rd, Jordan Crawford, Steve Blake, Chris Duhon, Eric Bledsoe, Isaiah Thomas...

    I checked every team (I definitley missed out on some guys), but the bolded parts are players who I would consider "quality" if u want and the underlined are talented in my opinion or sleepers...I left out the PGs I consider teams to keep cause they are young and or bound. I took no one who earns more than Hill. I think nearly every bolded player wants a big payday in teh near future, so I don't know who you consider a cheap option in the next years to come who can start on the best team in the league and play heavy minutes?!
    Given the way that the PG on this Team is used...the only one that I'd consider that can be had at a reasonable price is Chalmers. But he'd probably go for $4+ mil a year. He does the same exact thing on the Heat that he'd do on the Pacers.....handle the ball when the top 2 Stars on his Team aren't while waiting for the ball at the 3pt line when those Top 2 Stars kick the ball out to him.

    Also....maybe Hinrich and Vasquez would fit the bill as well.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  7. #130
    Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,799

    Default Re: ESPN Insider: Do Pacers have best shot at Lowry?

    Quote Originally Posted by InYaFace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ehr...so when pointguard is the most replacable position, why did the Pacers have so much trouble to sign a decent one in the past??? Jamal Tinsley, Travis Diener, TJ Ford, AJ Price, Earl Watson, Darren Collison, George Hill...it's obvious that the Pacers constantly got better but I wouldn't go as far and say that pointguard is a position where you can sign a quality guy on the cheap. Do you have some guards in your mind? Ramon Sessions, Jerryd Bayless, Avery Bradley, Shaun Livingston, Marquis Teague, Raymond Felton, Pablo Prigioni, Beno Udrih, DJ Augustine, Dwight Buycks, Kyle Lowry, Greivis Vasquez, Kirk Hinrich, Will Bynum, Chauncey Billups, Luke Ridnour, Brandon Knight, Louis Williams, Dennis Schröder, Kemba Walker, Mario Chalmers, Toney Douglas, Eric Maynor, Kendall Marshall, Devin Harris, Aaron Brooks, Patrick Beverly, Nick Calathes, Patrick Mills, Nando De Colo, Nate Robinson, JJ Barea, Ricky Rubio, Dereck Fisher, Reggie Jackson, John Lucas 3rd, Jordan Crawford, Steve Blake, Chris Duhon, Eric Bledsoe, Isaiah Thomas...

    I checked every team (I definitley missed out on some guys), but the bolded parts are players who I would consider "quality" if u want and the underlined are talented in my opinion or sleepers...I left out the PGs I consider teams to keep cause they are young and or bound. I took no one who earns more than Hill. I think nearly every bolded player wants a big payday in teh near future, so I don't know who you consider a cheap option in the next years to come who can start on the best team in the league and play heavy minutes?!
    As someone stated, moving Hill would not be about devaluing what he adds to the team. But you can't move Roy, it would hurt more to move West, George's extension kicks in, and you're trying to resign Lance. Hill's $8 mil fits the bill best, as a guard with enough youth and skill for someone to absorb, and with enough value to compensate Lance. You'd like to keep everyone, but you can't.

  8. #131

    Default Re: ESPN Insider: Do Pacers have best shot at Lowry?

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Given the way that the PG on this Team is used...the only one that I'd consider that can be had at a reasonable price is Chalmers. But he'd probably go for $4+ mil a year. He does the same exact thing on the Heat that he'd do on the Pacers.....handle the ball when the top 2 Stars on his Team aren't while waiting for the ball at the 3pt line when those Top 2 Stars kick the ball out to him.

    Also....maybe Hinrich and Vasquez would fit the bill as well.
    That was the rationale behind my earlier statement (in fact, I included Chalmers for that reason).

    People arguing that Hill's usage rate is so low are absolutely correct, but they're making the argument for me. Given his low usage rate, we're getting $4M of usage (completely made-up amount) out of an $8M player. I don't dispute that Hill could do more with a higher usage rate, but if you're not going to use it, why pay for it? It's like buying all your movies as a DVD / BR combo pack when all you've got for the foreseeable future is a DVD player.

  9. #132
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,517

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN Insider: Do Pacers have best shot at Lowry?

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Given the way that the PG on this Team is used...the only one that I'd consider that can be had at a reasonable price is Chalmers. But he'd probably go for $4+ mil a year. He does the same exact thing on the Heat that he'd do on the Pacers.....handle the ball when the top 2 Stars on his Team aren't while waiting for the ball at the 3pt line when those Top 2 Stars kick the ball out to him.

    Also....maybe Hinrich and Vasquez would fit the bill as well.
    Kirk Hinrich hasn't been able to shoot in years (shooting 35% from the field, and 29% from 3) and is being outplayed by DJ Augustin
    Vasquez is a bad denfender, and not really the spot up 3pt shooting PG we'd need.

    Chalmers fits with us well, I just really hate his flopping and overall bit*h-made attitude.

    Though Boston would NEVER do it, I've always thought an Avery Bradley would fit in with our team and in a backcourt with Lance. His defensive prowress and improved shooting would allow Lance to have the ball more while also taking it easy on defense.

    I like Hill though. He's a bit steep at $8mil a yr, but I like him for this team

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •