Thread: NY Giants co-owner wants NY to be a Super Bowl Regular

Default NY Giants co-owner wants NY to be a Super Bowl Regular

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-bowl-regular/

Giants co-owner wants NY to be a Super Bowl regular

It used to be, they had Super Bowls in places it was warm in the winter.

Then they started doling them out as rewards for new stadiums.

Now, before the first greater New York Super Bowl has started, one of the local owners is hoping for a regular spot in the rotation.

“Hopefully when we do all the tallying for weeks to come,” Giants co-owner Jonathan Tisch said, via Jorge Castillo of the Newark Star-Ledger, “the other 30 owners will say to themselves when there’s a chance to do it again: ‘Super Bowl XLVIII in New York and New Jersey was a huge success. Let’s try to do this once every 10 years.’”

The idea of having the big game in bad weather has caused many to watch what’s happening here carefully, to see if it can be pulled off in their town.

Tisch and Jets owner Woody Johnson, at a host committee press conference, emphasized how prepared the locals were for this game, regardless of the conditions.

“I think it’s important to have an outside Super Bowl,” Johnson said. “I don’t want to use the word ‘no-brainer,’ but we’ve had 47 of these indoors and in the South. It’s about time we played a Super Bowl in conditions, the way the game is routinely played.”

That will largely be determined by how this one goes. New York and New Jersey are far better prepared to handle adverse conditions than some hosts (Dallas and Atlanta spring to mind), and if they can, it’s going to raise their expectations for future bids.

Default Re: NY Giants co-owner wants NY to be a Super Bowl Regular

Um, no.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This guy better start idling semis in front of his house and spraying old school CFC hairspray into the sky all day if he wants there to be any chance whatsoever of this happening.

Seeing as how this is NY/NJ I could see them getting another SB even if this one ends up being a disaster because its NYC

Now if it were Kansas City? Fat chance(and their owner coined "Super Bowl")

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm hoping for a blizzard and sub freezing temps, forcing the game to be postponed. They'll never even think about it again.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I just do not see this happening on a regular basis. It is one thing to reward cities for building new stadiums, but to put them on rotation in such bad weather areas during the winter is just crazy.

Could you imagine the Super Bowl festivities here in Indy yesterday and today? Nobody would be getting out when it is -5 degrees outside.

Is Minnesota building and indoor or outdoor stadium? Can you imagine them getting a Super Bowl with an outdoor stadium?

I doubt that the zip-line would have been successful this week.

I'll be pretty surprised if Indy gets that 2018 Super Bowl. They will give it to Minnesota since they will have a brand new stadium. Indy and New Orleans both had it in recent years.

I rather Indy not get it I think the SB host curse is worse than Madden

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I rather Indy not get it I think the SB host curse is worse than Madden
    It's not the Super Bowl curse, it's the "you only have a 6.25% chance of making the Super Bowl before the season starts" curse.

Weather isn't even the worst reason to have the SB in New York. Everyone lauds our Super Bowl and some poitn to the abnormaly warm weather, which it was nice, but let's be honest, it still wasn't Miami or New Orleans, but the reaosn Indy shown so brightly was that our city isn't over crowded so the crowds for the SB had room to move and explore and walk about the downtown without feeling particularly crushed. In the NY SB, your options are either to hang out by a swamp or go get crushed in downtown NYC. Not exactly appealing options. Indy is just the perfectly sized city for events like this. Big enough where people aren't wondering what to do, but small enough that your not battling with a million locals just to get somewhere.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by thewholefnshow31 View Post
    I just do not see this happening on a regular basis. It is one thing to reward cities for building new stadiums, but to put them on rotation in such bad weather areas during the winter is just crazy.

Could you imagine the Super Bowl festivities here in Indy yesterday and today? Nobody would be getting out when it is -5 degrees outside.

Is Minnesota building and indoor or outdoor stadium? Can you imagine them getting a Super Bowl with an outdoor stadium?
    Actually Indy had a lot of good plans for what to do if the weather went south. I am business friends with one of the guys who was heading up this portion of the plan, no one saw the fruit of their labor obviously because of how it turned out, but INdy at least had a plan. NYC just seems lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I'll be pretty surprised if Indy gets that 2018 Super Bowl. They will give it to Minnesota since they will have a brand new stadium. Indy and New Orleans both had it in recent years.
    I don't care of their new stadium is a dome/retractable roof (presumably it is), absolutely no one wants to go to Minnesota in the winter time. But maybe it will help Indy get another one, Indy is like Miami in the winter time compared to Minnesota. This weird weather they're been having in Indy is the norm in Minnesota for like 3 months out of the year, sometimes longer. But yeah, they'll probably get it.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Weather isn't even the worst reason to have the SB in New York. Everyone lauds our Super Bowl and some poitn to the abnormaly warm weather, which it was nice, but let's be honest, it still wasn't Miami or New Orleans, but the reaosn Indy shown so brightly was that our city isn't over crowded so the crowds for the SB had room to move and explore and walk about the downtown without feeling particularly crushed. In the NY SB, your options are either to hang out by a swamp or go get crushed in downtown NYC. Not exactly appealing options. Indy is just the perfectly sized city for events like this. Big enough where people aren't wondering what to do, but small enough that your not battling with a million locals just to get somewhere.
    Great point. Most of the articles I read about how great Indy was, talked about how great it was to be able to walk from place to place, walk indoors if need be, their ability to get in and out of their hotel, and their ability to get on the interstate (and get to the airport) so easily.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Hanging out in Manhattan is definitely an appealing option for someone visiting who has a lot of money. There is no reason to head out to the swamp except for media day or the game itself. I bet plenty of people are having fun this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Hanging out in Manhattan is definitely an appealing option for someone visiting who has a lot of money. There is no reason to head out to the swamp except for media day or the game itself. I bet plenty of people are having fun this week.
    Everything I've heard so far has been pretty blah to mediocre honestly.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

As long as weather doesn't kill the game, there will be future SB's in NYC. No doubt about it. As often as Miami and other staples? No, but it will happen again.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Read on twitter that yesterday on Media Day someone asked Peyton if he would present the SNL this week? Yep. 1 day before the SB. Surely you can't be that dense, right?
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Sorry the dumbest question goes to whoever asked Shaun Phillips(Broncos) if Sunday was a must win game?