Thread: Pacers * Knicks Package Challenge

Exclamation Pacers * Knicks Package Challenge

So in a hypothetical scenario. There's all this talk about Melo leaving the Knicks in the off-season to go to a contender. Bulls and Lakers have been mentioned. But what if Melo said Indiana piqued his interest and he wanted to come here? Or maybe would be open to the idea? The point of this thread is to come up with a package we could offer the Knicks in a sign and trade for Melo.

A package that doesn't include PG, Lance, Hibbert, or West. My package would be

Danny Granger (S&T), George Hill, Copeland, Philadelphia's 2014 1st and 2nd rounder. Leaving Philly with two picks this Summer. And Greg Monroe to the Knicks.

Indy gets Melo.

Philly gets JR Smith and Tyson Chandler.

Detroit gets Tim Hardaway Jr, Bargnani, and a future 1st round pick from the Knicks, and a future 1st from Philadelphia.

Default Re: Pacers * Knicks Package Challenge

I've got a package for this thread ..........

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

This just doesn't make sense in any way. If the Pacers wanted Melo, there's no way they could keep Lance...if the Pacers were offering (I HATE this idea 100% btw), I'd offer something like: Danny, Lance, Cope and a future 1st.

George Hill is so underrated, I like how people think the Pacers could function well without him.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah I am not at all interested in a "superstar" who throws up shots like nothing even when they aren't going in.
    With what the Pacers lineup currently is, I don't even believe he would be a starter right now. He hasn't won a ring for a reason.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

Why does Philly give up two picks in a good draft so they can eat up some of their capspace for an aging, on-his-way-out center and a problem child?

If Philly were taking on those two players, they should be receiving picks, not giving them away.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Aw Heck For This Useful Post:

^cuz they booed Santa and deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aw Heck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why does Philly give up two picks in a good draft so they can eat up some of their capspace for an aging, on-his-way-out center and a problem child?

If Philly were taking on those two players, they should be receiving picks, not giving them away.

Philly would keep one first rounder this draft, and one 2nd rounder this draft. Philly doesn't need more young bucks. They need vets who have a bit of an edge. Chandler and Smith would fit the bill.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Philly would keep one first rounder this draft, and one 2nd rounder this draft. Philly doesn't need more young bucks. They need vets who have a bit of an edge. Chandler and Smith would fit the bill.
    Good thing you are not a GM. They don't want a veteran presence. They want to build through the draft. They are in no way in win now mode. Have you seen their roster? That roster with Chandler and JR still wins 25-30 games MAX.
    @qandrews9428

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Who the hell wants J.R. Smith as a vet in their locker room?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post: