Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nuggets/Pacers Postgame

Default Re: Nuggets/Pacers Postgame

I'll start to care about losses when we either have lost 3 in a row or have lost to Miami.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll start to care about losses when we either have lost 3 in a row or have lost to Miami.

I agree, but also if anyone cares.....Miami has to win 3 more games to catch us. And we have to lose 3 more games to match them. And Miami's next two I believe are at home against San Antonio and OKC. Without Wade, they will lose one or both of those games.

Back to back. In Denver. Against a former assistant coach who knows our weaknesses.

They worked us over with those side pick and rolls, putting all of our bigs in difficult situations and drew lots of fouls in the half court.

Well coached game by Brian Shaw.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to skyfire For This Useful Post:

Tough game and obviously it could have went the other way if Hibbert was able to stay on the court. One thing I thought we'd see tonight with the late game last night was that Vogel would use the bench more. I think Vogel pushes the starters too much in these situations and they looked gassed to me. I'm not saying to do it every night but I'd like to have seen more of Danny and Scola tonight and even plug Copeland into the rotation. They didn't log the minutes last night even in an overtime game. We have the depth to lean on in these back to backs if Frank would use it.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    Tough game and obviously it could have went the other way if Hibbert was able to stay on the court. One thing I thought we'd see tonight with the late game last night was that Vogel would use the bench more. I think Vogel pushes the starters too much in these situations and they looked gassed to me. I'm not saying to do it every night but I'd like to have seen more of Danny and Scola tonight and even plug Copeland into the rotation. They didn't log the minutes last night even in an overtime game. We have the depth to lean on in these back to backs if Frank would use it.

When Danny is traded we'll see more Cope. I think that's the plan.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    I have to agree with that. Frank is a bit too fixated in his 9-man rotation. The roles and minute distribution seem to be crystal clear. On one hand, that's good because it creates stability. It's good to know your role. On the other hand, I'd like to see some variation and I'd like to see our starters get some rest. Both Lance and Paul are playing a lot of minutes and they could use a break once in a while.

I trust Frank, though. I believe that he will make the right decisions when it's needed.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

I'm just ready for this road trip to end.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    Tired or not this team does not look capable of winning a title.
    This is ridiculous. Of course they are capable of winning a title. Good grief. We haven't even lost 10 games, have split the most difficult road trip of the season thus far, lost the back end of a back-to-back where we had to go an extra frame the night before, and now they aren't capable of winning a title??

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to QuickRelease For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I refuse to panic. This team has earned my trust
    Impossible Is Nothing

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Romsey31 For This Useful Post:

I continue to look at Roy lately and wonder WTF ?? He simply didn't want to play last nite. Altitude ?? Just tired ?? Mentally messed up ?? Whatever it is ..... he needs to get his stuff together.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    I continue to look at Roy lately and wonder WTF ?? He simply didn't want to play last nite. Altitude ?? Just tired ?? Mentally messed up ?? Whatever it is ..... he needs to get his stuff together.

He's going to be DPOY. He'll be OK.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You just have to accept that sometimes a great team is even going to look like crap against a lesser opponent. It's the NBA. I'm not trying to oversimplify it, but that's just the way this league works. We used up a lot of injury against the Kings and Denver is tough with the altitude. Energy might not sound like a good excuse when you're talking about millionaire athletes, but these guys are human and get tired.

Let's just regroup against the lowly Lakers on Tuesday. Then we have a three game home stand, starting Thursday when we can look to get some revenge on Phoenix. In fact, after the LA game on Tuesday, 7 of our next 9 games are at home. We should rip off a ton of wins in that stretch.

We still have a 3 game lead on Miami and I think that lead will be in pretty good shape after all of the home games coming up. We all know that this team is basically guaranteed a spot in the ECF's barring a major injury. I'm not going to get too worried as long as we keep this lead for the 1 seed.

A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Seriously, it's a back to back coming off an OT game and playing in the altitude in Denver. (If you've never been to Denver it takes more than a couple hours to acclimatize). We're getting into over-reaction mode here a little bit aren't we? We'll be fine.
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaveP63 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You can complain all you want about this game, and crap on any of the player for last night. I don't see how people take this game and project it on the rest of the season though.

It just makes no sense.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

The only conclusion I drew from this game is the fact that I think we need a 5th big that's quicker and more athletic so that he is able to play in games like this. Our frontline is big and strong but can get ran off the court at times when the tempo is turned up. As unlikely as it is, Having a guy that could come in and be effective in that sort of tempo would be nice

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

I'm not a big Copeland fan, but I think that we should at least give him a chance sometime when the other bench players aren't producing. I don't see the harm.

27. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Brian Shaw deserves a game ball. I had this game picked as a loss as soon as they started this road trip. I'm not happy I'm right but as long as they beat the Lakers on Tuesday, it will have been a successful trip.
    Last edited by naptownmenace; 01-26-2014 at 10:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    I have to agree with that. Frank is a bit too fixated in his 9-man rotation. The roles and minute distribution seem to be crystal clear. On one hand, that's good because it creates stability. It's good to know your role. On the other hand, I'd like to see some variation and I'd like to see our starters get some rest. Both Lance and Paul are playing a lot of minutes and they could use a break once in a while.

I trust Frank, though. I believe that he will make the right decisions when it's needed.
    Paul and Lance are the 2 players Vogel overplays the most. They're young but they still get tired and it shows on the defensive end more then anything. Vogel could take a few tips from Pop when it comes to adjusting your rotations to get through a long season. It's criminal to have the depth we have and not use it.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    When Danny is traded we'll see more Cope. I think that's the plan.
    I think you know Larry Bird isnt' stupid enough to do this or really any trades before the deadline.

All I know is, if the LA Lakers game starts out with some scrub hitting two wide-open corner threes in a row because a Pacers wing doesn't close out...

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    I was under the impression that Roy has some asthmatic problem. Or am I thinking of someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    Tired or not this team does not look capable of winning a title. Title level teams learn from their mistakes. How many of our losses could have been avoided by not sleepwalking through the first half. And we still arent doing it. It takes less energy to stay in a game than to come back in one.

We continue to whine to the officials not realizing we arent the Heat. Thus its counter productive. And we continue to run plays for the open man which is normally fine. But when that person is 6 for 20 its time to stop especially during an attempted comeback.
    Our loss column is in the single digits still at this point of the season.

single.

digits.

You know what team has lost more games than the Pacers in the NBA?

All of them.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gold For This Useful Post:

Mood

Also, I figured this game would've been a perfect game to give Cope and Sloan some burn. Even if only for change of pace.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pogi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I'm not a big Copeland fan, but I think that we should at least give him a chance sometime when the other bench players aren't producing. I don't see the harm.

I think Rasual Butler should get another chance too. He looked half decent in mid December, but then DG came back and he has pretty much only played garbage minutes since then.

41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    Our loss column is in the single digits still at this point of the season.

single.

digits.

You know what team has lost more games than the Pacers in the NBA?

All of them.
    This.

Every single NBA champion has been beaten in the regular season. EVERY SINGLE NBA CHAMPION. Let me repeat. EVERY SINGLE NBA CHAMPION EVER HAS BEEN BEATEN IN THE REGULAR SEASON. A majority of which have had lopsided blown out losses. Over-reaction as such aren't necessary.