Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pacers / King Post Game thread - 1/24/2014

Default Re: Pacers / King Post Game thread - 1/24/2014

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thomas had almost 40. I know Thomas was on fire but he abused GHILL in getting to the paint.
    To be fair, Thornton and Thomas abused whoever they wanted to abuse until Hibbert became a little more assertive as the funnel, and PG24 switched on to lockdown mode toward the conclusion. He did abuse Hill, but he didn't exclusively abuse Hill. Vogel tried a few switches in-game, and none seemed to really do much.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Still had 10 8 8......
    What you own is your own kingdom
    What you do is your own glory
    What you love is your own power
    What you live is your own story

4. The Following User Says Thank You to WInslow22 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by VF21 View Post
    It was an exciting game and experience won in the end. Had either Cousins or Gay been able to play, it might have been different. If we had to lose a heartbreaker, I'm glad it was to you guys. If it was Miami, my TV would not be functioning at this moment.

Not sure what you guys did to Marcus Thornton once upon a time, but he hasn't played like that all year.

Keep on keepin' on. I want to see you guys playing in June. I'm sick and tired of the Heat.

You all got a good team after several years of below average seasons. Cousins is just a freak. woulda been glad to see Gay play.. don't think Thorton would have had the same type of game. Kings played like they had nothing to lose tonite.

Thomas, Cousins, Gay, Thorton, Thompson you all have a really good team.

Good luck out West.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Wow. I didn't think Pacers would do this... Not cool, IMHO.
    celebrate for half a second for the home broadcast after a nutty win well after the game was over?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Watch the actual video. Paul was starting to walk away and said Hi mom and dad.
    @qandrews9428

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by WInslow22 View Post
    Still had 10 8 8......

Im a huge GHILL fan. Listen, if I let someone hang 40 on me.. anything else would become irrelevant. Just sayin... as a player I always like those who take greater pride in defense.

2 cents.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

It was more Lance than PG. See Bird interview on how the team has to handle Lance. Put simply. Growing pains guess you could say.

Maturity issues seem to be the most prevalent reason between him at 8M and 12M but that's for another thread.

Im sure you know all about it with "Boogie"

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    I wish Lance had made that full court shot. That would've been great.
    That would be a shot I would tell my grandkids about. "It was a cold Friday night in college and I decided to stay in and watch the Pacers. Then Lance hit a game-winning 90-footer at the buzzer"
    "A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals." Larry Bird

It was an exciting game and experience won in the end. Had either Cousins or Gay been able to play, it might have been different. If we had to lose a heartbreaker, I'm glad it was to you guys. If it was Miami, my TV would not be functioning at this moment.

Not sure what you guys did to Marcus Thornton once upon a time, but he hasn't played like that all year.

Keep on keepin' on. I want to see you guys playing in June. I'm sick and tired of the Heat.
    Appreciate the sportsmanship, but if either or both of those two play both teams approach the game differently. Kinda like how if Indiana hadn't had 3 T's the final 5 minutes is played completely differently.

But like TMJ said. There are a lot of solid pieces in Sacramento. I remember watching Thomas back when he was at Washington (I swear he and the Huskies played Purdue 6 straight years in the tourney), he's special. I only see Thornton against the Pacers and he has to average 25 against us. Boogie is one of the best all around big men I've ever seen. If Gay can be more productive...sheesh that's scary. If the FO makes the right moves in the coming months, you could have home court advantage in at least the first round next season.
    "A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals." Larry Bird

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    PG's 4 point play was a "superstar call," I'm jus'sayin

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mitchbr For This Useful Post:

I saw Thomas take advantage of his height yes in meaning he dribbled so low that usually with point guards that come into the paint hill and hibbert can force them to pick up the ball and either shoot or pass when they haven't gotten to the place they wanted to. Thomas did a great job keeping his dribble alive and making hibbert and hill chase and when they reached and missed he was getting his shot off

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

I know West was instrumental in getting the game back to even and over on the offensive end. But this is the game that is pushing me over the edge with him. I'm done expecting anything from him on the defensive end. I don't expect him to help effectively, I don't expect him to box out, I don't expect him to not ***** out the refs after every call, I don't expect him to stop *****ing out his teammates when they miss assignments. No more expectations for David West as a defender. I'm out. On the bright side, maybe this shedding of respect for him will result in increased appreciation.

Ian Report: I thought he did pretty well when IT got into the paint. Little dude was running amok, but some over-helping was kind of the remedy. His two blocks were good plays on Landry, though I'm not sure the strip was technically a block. Maybe I'm conspiring against him now? Anyway, one of two from the line, just can't get that first free throw down. Roy demonstrated a lot more rim protection this evening, mostly because Derrick Williams is not a smart man. A solid 'B' if we're grading on the Thomas-Thornton-smoking-everyone curve.

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

I agree that the continuation was generous. Then again, I do remember the precedent for continuation on a four point play being set about fifteen years ago...

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It was pretty awesome seeing the greatness PG has become in person. Completely different player than what i saw a year ago. I pissed a lot of people off with that 4 point play.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

"I'm your huckleberry"

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post

I agree that the continuation was generous. Then again, I do remember the precedent for continuation on a four point play being set about fifteen years ago...
    and what constitutes contact, but I digress...
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
    and what constitutes contact, but I digress...
    It was a clear reach in.
    "He's too little! He's too little! Hook his @ss he's too little!!" - David West

https://twitter.com/DrogsNavan

Quote Originally Posted by IrishPacer View Post
    It was a clear reach in.
    Lol I wouldn't call that "clear".

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    PG's 4 point play was a "superstar call," I'm jus'sayin
    If the refs had called the hacks at the goal against Gray the game would have been over for Kings sooner.
    Gray also would have fouled out. VERY uneven game by the refs. Plus calling two fouls on West in less than two
    minutes into the game was sad and uncalled for.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

29. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

It was a hip nudge. That is why he was drifting left in the air, unnaturally. Shot it with all arms and drifting, which is tough to do
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    Paul's 4pt play was unreal, but his Dirk shot was even better and that steal was so smooth, just incredible really. On that steal it's almost like Paul had that Matrix moment where everything slowed down.

And who said George Hill had a rough game? 10/8/8 and three steals is rough? One of those steals led to the breakaway dunk by PG. I wish all of Hill's games were that rough.

If PG had a blue Mavs jersey on with some shaggy lettuce, I would have thought I was watching Dirk clown on the Heat in the 2011 NBA Finals if I didn't know any better. That shot was beautiful. The Pacers have a legitimate superstar on their hands right now.

Agreed about Hill. He is purely a victim of the fact that the other four starters are all so freaking good. But the guy is such a good ball player himself and it's no coincidence that the team has done nothing but win since he came here two years ago.

Lance had a couple of bad shots, but the guy was an absolute monster. I love the passes, but I think his strongest attribute to this team is the way he can muscle his way in for an offensive rebound and then make a quick shot. That step back three was absolutely nasty too. It reminded me of that shot against Golden State.

West was an absolute monster out there. His game is just so beautiful when he's on. I think his post ups and step back j's are still the most beautiful thing on this team when they are falling. He was absolute abusing Thompson. The poor guy had no chance. This game reminded me of what we saw all year from West last season. I think he still has plenty of that left in him, but we simply haven't needed it like we did a year ago because this team has so many offensive weapons right now. That's fine, hopefully West will be good and fueled up for the postseason.

I feel like I've seen this game in the NBA many times. A bad team is about to beat an elite team, but the elite team pulls something out of their a** at the very end to force overtime. Once overtime started, the bad team has lost all of their confidence and is deflated since they weren't able to win the game in regulation. The elite team then costs to victory in OT.

Great win. Elite teams like the Pacers win games like this that they really have no business winning. Zeke and Thornton hit tough shots all night long and killed us.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

I know West was instrumental in getting the game back to even and over on the offensive end. But this is the game that is pushing me over the edge with him. I'm done expecting anything from him on the defensive end. I don't expect him to help effectively, I don't expect him to box out, I don't expect him to not ***** out the refs after every call, I don't expect him to stop *****ing out his teammates when they miss assignments. No more expectations for David West as a defender. I'm out. On the bright side, maybe this shedding of respect for him will result in increased appreciation.

Didn't Scola look 10X worse?

Also, common thread between Suns and Sac games was Scola coming in early and Lance trying to do way too much early

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    D.West after 4 point play

West's expression is making me think of Chief Brody at the end of Jaws right after he kills the shark.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Thomas is a tough cover for anyone in the NBA, but Hill is pretty big for a point guard...and you're talking about a guy who is undersized in Thomas, and cat quick. I thought when it mattered, his D was good.

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    Watch the actual video. Paul was starting to walk away and said Hi mom and dad.
    What an ***

Ian Report: I thought he did pretty well when IT got into the paint. Little dude was running amok, but some over-helping was kind of the remedy. His two blocks were good plays on Landry, though I'm not sure the strip was technically a block. Maybe I'm conspiring against him now? Anyway, one of two from the line, just can't get that first free throw down. Roy demonstrated a lot more rim protection this evening, mostly because Derrick Williams is not a smart man. A solid 'B' if we're grading on the Thomas-Thornton-smoking-everyone curve.
    We'll have to disagree on this point. I just negate discussing the offensive portion of Ian's game, because who cares? Ian doesn't do offense. And I think these past few games have been really rough on defense for Ian. He's mistiming his jumps, taking some really weird angles in the air, and either allowing and-1s (either foul the guy hard enough so the shot doesn't have a chance, or alter the damn shot!) or otherwise just not consistently doing his job at the rim.

I really just think his timing seems off on this trip.